Popeyes

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cheryl A. Bachelder

Pros
  • Co-workers are alright (most of the time), Free food (sometimes)(in 3 reviews)

• There are no pros but if your desperate or you have no experience then you can try this job(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • poor training cheap owners tough conditions no benefits(in 3 reviews)

• high turnover, some co-workers are only there for a check(in 2 reviews)

great

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Roswell, GA

Prosgreat pay, great co-workers, good growth potential.

Conshigh turnover, some co-workers are only there for a check...

Fast paced, fun and exciting...unless you're scheduled to work with your boss!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Abilene, TX

ProsI really enjoyed being able to taste test new products. I loved being a part of the decorating process each month as well. My favorite part was the fast paced environment and the fun features of the store.

ConsThe people are definitely challenging to serve. You get all kinds of people!

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely hold your head up high and stick it out. Its easy to move up in this company if you put in the work!

The service is outstanding! Although the food choices weren't up to expectations.

Team Member (Former Employee) Murrieta, CA

ProsSanitary conditions are always taken to up-most quality for health of our customers. We care for our customers making sure they had everything they wanted.

ConsCommodities weren't to the standards of humane production for enough nutrition to customers from the over competition of fast food corporations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess preservatives in the jams. There is too much bad stuff in the sauces as well, fresh dipping sauce stations would be cool.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth it

Cashier (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThere are no pros to working here

ConsExtremely unprofessional they choose their favorites and everyone else is screwed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new general manager

This was a franchise owned by a Korean family; they were cheap, careless and only focused on money.

Cashier (Former Employee) Hawaiian Gardens, CA

ProsIt was an easy position for the cashier as there were employees in the back who cleaned the back and took care of the back. So the cashier was only tasked with cleaning the dining room. Able to create your own schedule with coworkers.

ConsCheap employer, low work ethics and poor team effort to create an ideal work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave this business.

managed restaurant of 15-20 employees per shift

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI like the fact that you can help others in areas in which they are weak, and I also like encouraging people to want to achieve their goals in life.

ConsBeing a leader, having control over what you are doing.Serving the public with a kind and friendly attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more courteous to their employees because without them the work can't be done.

not what i was expecting

Cashier (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Prosfree food, free drinks i think insurance

Conslow pay, no brake, to fast,

Advice to Senior Managementblah

great love therechicken

Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

Proswell I was a manager for 4 yrs with popeyes sailermen corp and enjoyed it very much

Consfinding the right people to work . Not that I had any problems but when I would speck to other manager that always seem to come up.

Advice to Senior ManagementI loved working for Popeyes ,, I left because it was about 65 mil from home and also because my mentor Glenn Barber passed away and things were not the same with out him , so sad ..

Popeyes

Crew Member (Former Employee) New Iberia, LA

ProsThe food is good, and it was a semi-fun work environment.

ConsThe people, and you won't get paid enough.

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorks with schedule. Good work life balance

ConsOne manager sucked and training was unorganized

Worked for Popeyes? Contribute to the Community!