Popular Community Bank

Add Photos

Richard L. Carrión

Contract position

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsI was there for a short period of time. The training provided was excellent, the environment was very friendly. We were offered benefits after 30 days of employment. Strong company culture and values.

ConsThey pay was very low compared to other companies.

Superb team in South Florida. Great company.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThe employees in South Florida are outstanding. Solid South Florida management team who are open and honest and passionate. Everyone really works as a team. Very friendly and REAL. What you see is what you get consisrently! Great, great time off benefits. Good work life balance. Proud to be parr of team

ConsLimited growth opportunities.  Can be sometimes inefficient dealing with corporate office.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate senior managers need to stop micromanaging to an extreme.

Learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosopportunities to grow, family oriented environment, great management.

Conscompensation, lacking in advance technologies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lovely place to work, but salary suck :-(

Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNo long hours; No pressure; Very familiar ( coloquial ) environment; Let's you have a good balance between personal life and work.

ConsVERY low Salary; no room to grow; outdated system; little benefits to offer customers; no incentive for employees; no organization

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to grow and compete with the big banks ( Aka Chase, BoA, etc ) start by motivating your employees with better salaries/benefits and update your bank system!

Dissatisfied

Applications Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsWork from home benefits are great. Friendly people, flexible hours. Chance to explore new technologies.

ConsToo much pressure to meet deadlines. Little to no appreciation from immediate and senior management. HR doesn't care [least effective team in the org], lot of red tape to reach HR.
    Small team, not may options to grow, things are not very professional. Not recommended for aspirants looking for a VISA sponsorship. Surveys are not anonymous. No work life balance.

management/ growth

Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee) Bronx, NY

Proscompany is for beginners, it is a very good experience, I can help you with having something extra on your resume, I was there for nearly 7 yrs. you get to learn how to be a financial adviser, even tho that's not your tittle. you get to deal with customer, it is very customer friendly depending on the situation. 8:45 to 4:45 and some days till 6 and sat till 2.. thats crazy plus you get home almost 8 while you pick up ur children and get settle in... its never till the time they say, you sometimes got later than that.

Consmanagement are very sneaky, they pretend to be your friend to then later insult your intelligence, embarrassed you, like you some kind of criminal. Regional management walks into branch thinking that he is hot stuff and does not greet in a way that is welcoming, It a way well am here now you better get to work or be on your tippy toes... How you walk in a place and give that type of pressure instead of being friendly and nice so your employee would not be scared of you.

They do not promote as quick as you think they would you have to wait maybe years till you licked a lot of ass to get a position

Advice to Senior Managementbe more patient and lenient with your employees and have it a stress free environment. more promotion with in store not out side the store, every management or employee coming from chase now. smh

at my branch we had my assistant manager who was a pervert looking at every girl that walked in there and saying things about how they looked.. like what kind of management is that. and then they wanna sit there and talk bad oabout their employeed

Not good, Toxic Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, pay although not competitive

ConsManagers terrible, no people skills

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life

Family friendly, not so great management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery family friendly company. Great stability in the department I worked in. Low turn over rate. Very close-knit team and a great office culture.

ConsLower pay than others in the industry. Have to transfer to another position if you even want a modest raise. Sometimes it can be a culture shock if you're not Hispanic but if you're an open-minded person you'll love the people and the tight culture.

Great experience working there.

Sales & Service Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with at the branch level. Atleast at the branch I worked, great Manager. Because of the small number of employees per branch 5-12 you become close to coworkers.
    I learned alot while working there.

ConsLimited room for advancement. Lower pay rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementA Happy employee means a happy customer which leads to a sucessful branch. Fight to give employees who deserve raises, and promote when you see fit.

I've been working here for years and it is a very friendly pace to work.

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefit package is great
    Flexible schedule
    Decent working hours

ConsIncentive Pay is nothing to look forward too
    Lately have not been giving opportunity to in-house employees for growth

Worked for Popular Community Bank? Contribute to the Community!