Populus Group

Add Photos

Robert Herrera

Very Positive

Human Resources General (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMany opportunities for interesting jobs

ConsCan not think or any

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

Short-term Contract

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTimely onboarding process and paycheck.

ConsLimited proactive communication from employee relations team. Limited remarketing opportunities.

Professional Contracting Position

Material Planner (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsIt got my foot in the door with a very good company. Paid holidays. The dental and vision insurance is very reasonable.

ConsVery disorganized in the set up paper work. I am a seasoned professional and my agent is some 23 year old kid that is telling me what to wear and how to behave during an interview.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not treat your professional applicants you are sending on an interview the same way you treat applicants you are sending for a production job. Health insurance through a better know and nationally accepted carrier.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Consultant

ProsThere is nothing to talk about PROS. Really terrible company to work for.

ConsThe management does not respond to emails. Careless and terrible people.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pointing fingers at each other in the company.

The company cares about culture but to the point where it is top heavy and the company capsizes.

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company culture but steady is not their strong suit. Year over year revenue fluctuates too much. They take on clients, but lose their biggest ones.

ConsMicro-management is the name of the game. They are over-protective and they say their leadership cares, but the president or vice-president never reaches out.

One level up bosses feel the need to delegate all their responsibilities to you and then they don't even go after new accounts. They only promote once they know they are at risk of losing talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate or join a more modern recruiting model instead of copying Tek-Systems.

Nice Place to work

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsNice and responsive employees, very good resolution of issues. Timely paycheck.

ConsI never had a issue with them, was there for more than a year and in the mean time i never switched jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone as of now

Low maintenance

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

Pros-Pay is always on time
    -Vacation accrual
    -Check in on the team periodically

Cons-Not many opportunities available between A- contracts

Great Stepping Stone- Take what you need and leave for a better company

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsGreat entry level experience in technical recruiting
    Full time job with benefits

ConsLack of personal growth- a new fancy title does not mean "growth"
    High attrition rate (don't count on the team you were hired into being around long...)
    Poor pay rate (your base pay does not change regardless of added responsibility)
    Poor contracts- its hard to be successful with the contracts they have in place. (MSFT A-)
    In one ear out the other- Management will "listen" to employee advice, but do nothing
    If you are a contractor, do not count of being redeployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure your pay scale for recruiters to make them comfortable or they will continue to leave one by one. Act professionally, throwing a fit when an internal employee leaves is childish and immature.

Good organization to work

Software Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsGood organization to work with very good and supportive HR team. The pay cycle will be perfect and never missed or delayed single check. Also, weekly payment was great. Works with great attorney team which was very helpful with all the immigration process and issues.

ConsI had no issues or bad experiences.

Very responsive, but not very proactive

Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat access to top companies. Very professional and efficient with on boarding.

ConsThey did not seem to do more than file my information and collect some of my paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more supportive with finding additional contracts for non-tech employees.

Worked for Populus Group? Contribute to the Community!