Populus

Updated May 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Laura Hutchings

An amazing team of people working together to change the world

ProsPopulus is unlike any place I have ever worked. This is an amazing team of dedicated people who are working together to make an impact. I really feel like all of the people here truly care about our customers and making their lives better through energy efficiency.

ConsThe opportunities and benefits are really good, especially for a smaller company. I don't think it's normal to love your job as much as I do. I feel lucky to be here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep empowering the team to contribute to the future of the company.

Exciting company in downtown Boulder, good culture and values, but limited growth opportunities.

ProsEmployees are all bright, hardworking, and friendly. Location is great. Work/life balance is good for most employees. Overall a fun atmosphere and good place to start a career in the sustainability field.

ConsCompensation and benefits are lacking. No matching 401k, no paid sick days, no personal days. Limited opportunity for growth and career advancement. Middle level management seems to have no real authority and simply passes down policies from upper management. Many employees seem frustrated due to being there several years with no path to advancement and no opportunity to take on more challenging work.

Excellent, especially for a small company

Boulder, CO

ProsLive and work in Boulder; work in the Sustainability field; opportunity to impact both company policy and services offered; management open to new ideas; promoting from within; providing highly-rated services to the community; offices within easy walking distance of Pearl St Mall

Consoffices downtown, so parking can be a hassle; dealing with the public has its challenges

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful about hiring people who are resistant to change, as they will not be able to keep up with the fluidity of the program we administer

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

under utilized

Energy Advisor (Current Employee)
    Boulder, CO

ProsTo live and work in Boulder

Consno salary increases with increased responsibility or proven performance. All decisions driven by owner. No autonomy.

Good company to work with and grow

ProsLot of learning, growth opportunities and transparency

Consneed for better work/life balance

Worked for Populus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Populus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Populus CEO Laura Hutchings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Populus employees.