Porous Media

Not yet rated.

Randall J. Hogan

Good place to work

Engineer (Former Employee) Conroe, TX

ProsLove the freedom to improve the manufacturing process. I don't think they laid any off at all. People just found positions somewhere else and moved on. There are some people who worked there forever. Most of my co-workers are very smart and business oriented

ConsWasn't there long enough to see how the annual raises turn out. Initial salary could be a bit higher, but I didn't know how to negotiate when I was out of college, so it was my fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Turmoil

ProsGreat technology and a lot of opportunities to make improvements. The company takes safety, quality, and lean manufacturing seriously. Most of the people are really nice and willing to try new things. Non-union environment.

ConsCommunication regarding changes and performance not so good. People expected to work a lot of overtime. Goals are sometimes unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better mentoring to people and improve communication. Try and be more respectful to the workers.

Helped gain experience in medical industry

ProsFree lunch and good team atmosphere

ConsLack of information and communication from the management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more pragmatic

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great small company struggling with assimilation into a large conglomerate.

ProsGreat small-company atmosphere in the beginning
    Co-workers who are dedicated and passionate
    Freedom to explore personal interests
    Recongnition of accomplishment and contribution through regular compensation reviews

ConsPentair takeover has created a stifling big-company environment
    Many long-term employees are seeking other opportunities because of existing or impending changes
    It it my opinion that PM was purchased by Pentair for their technology rather than their manufacturing/engineering capabilities and resources

Advice to Senior ManagementPush to return to what made the company great, if there are any of you left. PM still has tremendous potential, but it will be difficult to realize in a bureaucratic corporate environment.

Worked for Porous Media? Contribute to the Community!