Porter Valparaiso Hospital Campus

www.porterhealth.com

Porter Valparaiso Hospital Campus Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great summer gig gaining experience with marketing and PR!

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Valparaiso, IN

ProsHands on learning from photo shoots to press releases to preparing content for the website.

ConsIt was a lot of work but definitely an amazing experience!

Great place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Chesterton, IN

ProsConveniently close to home, friendly staff, rewarding patient care

ConsI don't have any cons to contribute

Advice to Senior ManagementJohnathan has made some wonderful changes in the past few years and has given Porter Hospital a new and improved outlook in the community.

Very forfilling to help people when they need us to be there for them.

Food Service Worker (Current Employee) Valparaiso, IN

ProsWanting to be there for the patients, they are our whole reason for being at our place of work. I Love being there for them. We often are seeing patients at the worst time in there lives.

ConsWorking for an outside company (We are a outsourced department along with Housekeeping and Maintenance)
    We are hospital employees but run by an outside company.
    They sometimes think we are just robots instead of people

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease send the outside company packing and just get us a department manager like the way it was before being outsourced. Please Please Please

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Porter Hospital doesn't supply enough staff so you can get your job done effiecently.

Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) Valparaiso, IN

ProsThe only good reason to work at Porter Valparaiso Hospital Campus is the benefit if you work there they pay 100% for x-rays and test as long as you have it dine at Porter Hopsital. The insurance covers 90% then the company writes off the rest. The doctors of Porter even say that we are under payed. They are finally getting enough instruments , so the doctors can do their job properly. There are doctors that support us on paying us more to keep experience technicians so we don't leave.

ConsPorter hospital is cheap. Their salary for employees are below market price. They don't supply enough staff to get the job done. supervisors that are supposed to be working supervisors don't work at all even when your really short. The way they treat their employees I surprised the hospital is still running. There is a lot of favoritism. When people are on call they should get payed double time when called out since you get payed straight time for holidays when you work. In a lot of department there are a lot of chiefs and not that many Indians. They shouldn't hire supervisors with no experience. Supervisore should take call just like regular staff. I f they don't change their ways then they won't have a hospital to worry about building a new one. Start cracking down on the employees that hold you downand don't work and start giving more credit to the employess that deserve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to listen to your employees. Just because we don't have a college education doesn't mean that we don't have common sense, and good ides to help make things run easier.

It's been ok but they let Bullies work there.

Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee)

ProsThey take care of their emploees if you have surgery or have x-rays done there. They also take care of your family members even if they are not on an employeee insurance.

ConsSome supervisors show favoritism. They allow bullies ton work there and put up with low performers a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have some good leaderahip and some leadership that are bad, but but it's hard to judge knowing that all they do is go by what corporate had to tell you.

Worked for Porter Valparaiso Hospital Campus? Contribute to the Community!