Portfolio Recovery

Be The First To
Add Photos

Portfolio Recovery Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Fredrickson

Steve Fredrickson

Working here is what you make it

Account Representative (Former Employee) Hampton, VA

Prosfree monthly lunch, uncapped bonuses, unfair recognition - if management favored you or your manager then you will get acknowledged for being in the top 3 or 5 of the month, hit goal each month aand build your base to come in to goal each month and you will do fine, bonuses on top of hourly pay will put you over 30 and 40 thousand dollars without a degree that is awesome, turkeys and wine and or cider is given around thanksgiving time

Conscan lose job for not making goal, unfair dialer time , you will get tired of clicking to dial a phone number , two people cant be off on the same day on a given team , its a numbers game with PRA, avps are very biased

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

great potential for collectors but not for me. very disapptin

Account Representative (Former Employee) Hampton, VA

Prosbest people i hv ever work with however the work itself is not exciting

Conssalaries aren't great and information not shared across department.

Bust your tail, work hard, be respectful, become rewarded.

ProsGreat starting job with great managing experience. If you can your reps motivated, jobs becomes a lot less stressful.

ConsYou must get your reps respect, otherwise they will not want to work for you. Cannot get too close to people because rumors will spread quickly. Always must go through something negative everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more leadership. After training, you are thrown out to the wolves. A lot of learning from your mistakes. Never enough positive feedback even when you're doing a good job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

OK place

Prosthe money is cool; you can wear what ever you want

ConsNo phone but u get a background check done?!

Advice to Senior Managementstop fraternizing with the Account REPS!

The value of working for upper management that is ethical, and moral.

Collections Representative (Former Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsPortfolio has upper management that truly cares about their employees. I worked for Portfolio for many years. I felt the support of all the people I worked with to assist, educate, and motivate at every opportunity. I honestly am surprised to hear such negative comments regarding the training, and the management staff. I cannot believe things have changed that much since I have left. I can only recommend that disgruntled employees reach out to their superiors, and honestly discuss their concerns. I have such respect for the company ... I would be surprised if things have changed that much.

ConsPortfolio is one of the best places to work for in the collections field. Upper Management cares about their employees, and enthusiastically supports those employees that are eager to learn, and to embrace their responsibilities, and eager to move on up with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI found leadership within the company to be concerned about their employees, and to assist each person that is eager to move upward with the company to do so.

Unprofessional environment.

Legal Account Representative (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsYou have the ability to make substantial monthly bonuses. PRA stock is a good way to invest long term with this company, cooperate will always make money.

ConsLazy management. They reward employees who pride themselves on being "husslers" and ignore employees dedicated to professionalism and workplace ethics. Other representatives have the ability to steal accounts from you which are needed to make your monthly goal. Management will not care. Some months are slow months like July and December. Inbound calls are set up for "newer employees" Management shows favoritism, if you are not liked they will find a reason to fire you. Background checks on current employees are poor at best. So many employees were arrested at work. It was normal to see a couple of cars repossessed each week. Some employees intentionally vandalized company property. employees would bring and take illegal drugs at work, management would turn a blind eye to their "favorites." Tenured employees were paid much less than newer employees. Some reps were there for 3+ years making less than $12.00 an hour, new employees were hired in at $14-$15.00.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all management on the floor and re-hire. Current management is corrupt. This place needs a clean sweep. Respect years of service with tenured employees.

adequate traning for personel, but llacking for managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey hae very good benefits

Consthe management staff is inconsistant

Advice to Senior Managementbetter training for the managers

Terrible Jackson branch

Account Manager (Former Employee) Jackson, TN

ProsDecent money. If you are in the right cliq

ConsTo many friends being bosses. AS sleeping with managers, stealing accounts, just terrible leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the rules and be professional

Ehhh..

Collections Representative (Former Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsBonuses... And had a close team with cool ppl

ConsYour assigned a que or an account ( hopefully its not crappy) &have to build base thru solid paymnt plans in order to get to goal. Your goal increased each month. Upper management were like hawks.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery one working at portfolio is over 18 so start treating employees with a little more respect.

Shady company

Collections Representative (Former Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsMy co-workers turned into lifelong friends. You're there in your sit for 8 hrs a day for 5 days a week you do end up bonding with great folks.

ConsRookie manager who felt like he had something to prove. Refused to care about my health almost ended up losing my son due to me being told I'll lose my job if I rushed myself to the hospital. They do not care if your white, black, mexican, asian, blue, pink whatever you're looked at as money and your only as good as your last payment from what we were told by the AVP. Understandable it's a business and they have to do what's needed " for the company" but be prepared to get replaced. The "open door" policy is a lie. Anything you may say will most definitely be used against you if you do become separated from the company. It's a shady company who plots against anyone who they feel can be targeted, you work hard for little pay, the way the bonus system works does not make any type of sense. Don't get too comfortable like I did and end up out the door. Not a family friendly place if you have children they don't care sit down and make money because at the end of the day it's about the money you collect so your manager who does nothing but micromanage and walk around the spine like their trying to kick up some money can get a bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome see what it's really like in the collections department show up unannounced. You'll really see who low people are treated.

Worked for Portfolio Recovery? Contribute to the Community!