Portico Staffing

www.porticostaffing.com

Portico Staffing Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Katie Roth

I am very pleased with my current assignment and I love the job

Data Entry (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsI love that they put me on this assignment in the State Public Defender's Office.

ConsDon't like that I am limited to 780 hrs on this assignment. I want to stay permenently.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like it if the 780 hr limit was removed and the position was indefinite. I really like my position and would like to stay. I have never been worked with a Temp agency before and I am not certain that they will find employment for me after this assignment. Finding it very hard to get an interview on my own with other jobs/postings. I am of the "older" age group "and feel I am being discriminated due to age.

Portico Staffing - worked temp clerical assignments through Portico for 1-2 years. Resigned only because I am moving

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsPortico staff were great to work with. Professional and easy to communicate with.
    They offered me opportunities that were a "good fit" for my prior experience and also gave me opportunities to expand experience in industries that were new to me. Portico staff clearly communicated what the responsibilities of the temp assignment would be, who and where to report, length of the assignment, pay. All details were coordinated well. I was not looking for a permanent position, but if I had been I am confident there would have been good opportunities. I have worked previously with staffing agencies in a different state, and I can say genuinely Portico staff and their "customers" have been the Outstanding. I resigned only because I am relocating.

ConsThere honestly were no cons.

Professional and pleasant...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPortico Staffing is what each and every staffing agency should aspire to become. This company works extremely hard and are very successful in providing a quality product to their clientele. Their communication is top notch and they demonstrate compassion to all those they work with. Portico Staffing's investment in their employees is evident in the professionalism that each employee consistently demonstrates-this professionalism occurs regardless of whether it be over the phone, email or in person. It was a complete delight to work with Portico Staffing.

ConsI have none to speak of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Opportunities!!! I would recommend Portico Staffing to everyone!!!! Awesome company!!!!

ProsI have been placed in jobs that have been both interesting and rewarding. These jobs have also allowed me to increase my skill sets with the valuable experience I gained from the jobs. Everyone has been very helpful in finding out things about me and listening to what I have to say about what I want and don't want in a future job. They look for jobs for me with those things in mind.

ConsI can say I have not had a negative experience with Portico Staffing. Any questions or concerns have been answered promptly and completely.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work of finding awesome job opportunities!!!!

Portico Staffing helped me find an amazing career that fulfilled my passion!

Business Development (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsThey really care about where they place you, the personality test and information they needed from me to search for my new career really helped them know me better than myself, which helped them place me in an amazing career! They took the time to work with me before and after my interviews and were great at providing feedback!

ConsNo Cons with Portico Staffing, they are GREAT!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, you have helped me change my life by taking the time to place me in an incredible career that has given me the work/life balance I needed and fulfilled my passion! It doesn't feel like work, I love going every day!

Best experience with placement agency in Des Moines!

Accounting (Former Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsVery comfortable initial interview process, really felt like they got to know what I was looking for. Excellent communication during the "waiting period" about current potential opportunities available and how close of a match they felt it would be. Very upfront about the reality of staffing agencies, time line, pay scales etc.
    Ultimately matched me with an employer who offered permanent placement.

ConsMy experience has had no cons :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the communication with the employees you are working with to find placements. Being upfront and honest about the process and realities of the business.

The Most Professional Staffing company in the Des Moines, IA area.

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsI was impressed with Portico after initially contacting them by email, I was routed to someone that phoned me directly, set up my first meeting with them, and sent me a link to online testing - all within one hour!! My observation is that they are serious about getting to know you and finding the right match of candidate and employer - not just in skill set, but also in personality and culture. Finally, the Portico team members I've interacted with are personable and provide excellent customer service. Based on my experience, I'd confidently refer a friend to Portico.

ConsHonestly, I was interviewed and matched within two weeks, so I've not had a negative experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay current and positive - keep the focus on satisfied clients and candidates and you will continue to be #1 !!

I've had a great experience with Portico Staffing!

Administrative (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsI've had a great communication line with Portico Staffing. They are always willing to answer any questions I have had. Along with answering all questions I've had at a timely manner they also ask quite often how I'm liking my new position! They are determined to make sure you are happy with your position!

ConsYour first paycheck is a paper check rather than direct deposit, but many companies are like this.

Best Placement Agency in Des Moines Metro

Order Entry (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

ProsThus agency has been successful not since but twice for me! First placement 7 years ago put me in a job in the same day I came to them . That business closed so I tried them once more! I was placed within two weeks and am now a permanent employee. Portico did an excellent job of matching my skills & personality to an available position.

ConsStaff turnover was a little tricky in payroll direct deposit.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe challenges of the lower unemployment rate surely makes job placement agency work much harder. I recommend higher exposure at job fairs and marketing to get the word out to potential job hunters.

Portico is professional, efficient, friendly and great at what they do!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsThe staff is knowledgeable of the Des Moines area work culture, can provide valuable insight and is extremely well-versed in the ins and outs of the community. Additionally, they are extremely helpful with job postings and requirements for positions. Finally, they are friendly and generally great at what they do.

ConsAs a competitive person, at times it was challenging as there were other very competitive people I worked with. That said, it was great to push myself to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough management was inclusive, strive to put on company wide happy hours or coffee sessions now and again to promote camaraderie.

Worked for Portico Staffing? Contribute to the Community!