Portico Staffing
www.porticostaffing.com West Des Moines, IA 6 to 15 Employees

Portico Staffing Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014
Portico Staffing – Iowa City – “Kelsey and Emily at U of I Career Fair”

Katie Roth

Fantastic Staffing

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Norwalk, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time for less than a year

ProsPortico recruited me for a position which was closer to my home. At the time I was working 10 hour days, and my schedule was so hectic that it was hard to get off work. They were extremely accommodating, and willing to work around my schedule. They did a great job of prepping me for my interviews, and let me know exactly what I should expect. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I can truly thank Portico for giving me such a fantastic opportunity.

ConsI had such a pleasant experience, that I honestly cannot think of any areas of improvement with this organization. They do great work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Your recruiters are amazing!

My wonderfully hectic time at Portico

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Portico Staffing

ProsThe office has a great work/life balance. The fast-pace of the staffing industry is well balanced with office celebrations/pot lucks and a positive atmosphere. Hard work is acknowledged.

ConsOffice can be hectic at times. Above average turnover of employees.

Feeling Violated

Verification Specialist (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Portico Staffing as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWeekly pay. Occasional visits to deliver treats.

ConsNot straight up about job placement. No training or skill testing. Their goal is to get as many people placed in jobs as quickly as possible in order to meet their quota. Not very communicative with temp hires after a certain period

Advice to Senior ManagementIt really wouldn't hurt you too much to be more straightforward about the jobs you are placing people in. You need to be more realistic from the outset instead of building people up to a false sense of hope. Testing for skills would be more appropriate. You need to be more supportive when a difficult situation comes up and be better prepared to deal with it.

Flag Review

Portico Staffing Owner responded to this review

Apr 18, 2014

I am so sorry to hear you had a less than positive experience with Portico Staffing. We strive to make sure that all candidates are appropriately evaluated for the position which includes skill ... More

Worked for Portico Staffing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portico Staffing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portico Staffing CEO Katie Roth . All reviews posted anonymously by Portico Staffing employees.