Portland Select Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

In 3 months, I learned more about marketing and management than I ever learned during my 4 previous internships.

Current Employee - In-house Administrator in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - In-house Administrator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Portland Select full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best opportunity to learn marketing, sales, and management strategies that will prepare you for the future.

Cons

The hours feel extra long some days because I live far away from the office.

Advice to Management

I have nothing bad to say. Working for Portland Select this past summer was an awesome opportunity. I care about the company and am excited to be apart of the team.

2. Shame on these people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Portland Select full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty cool co-workers -- as long as you're producing the way the boss wants. If you're not, the entire staff will know and they will turn against you.

Cons

-Inconvenient location; no reimbursement for mileage -Deceptive recruitment; this is a commission-based retail job, plain and simple. The interviewers will do whatever it takes to avoid admitting this. Since I left this job, I have seen the same position advertised under at least five different names -Employees live in fear of being fired; trainers will blame their trainees if they themselves did not produce in a day ("I would have gotten leads, but I was taking care of the new guy," etc.) -Unprofessional boss -- easy to get along with until you show the slightest sign of slippage and are immediately expendable -Cult-like environment

Advice to Management

Start from scratch. Do not mislead people in advertisements or interviews. There were some really great people who I worked with here. It's a shame that they're in the situation they are.

RSS Feed </> Embed