Portland Select

www.portlandselect.com
  www.portlandselect.com

Portland Select Reviews

CEO

In 3 months, I learned more about marketing and management than I ever learned during my 4 previous internships.

Current Employee - In-house Administrator in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - In-house Administrator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Portland Select full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Best opportunity to learn marketing, sales, and management strategies that will prepare you for the future.

Cons

The hours feel extra long some days because I live far away from the office.

I have nothing bad to say. Working for Portland Select this past summer was an awesome opportunity. I care about the company and am excited to be apart of the team.

Shame on these people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Portland Select full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty cool co-workers -- as long as you're producing the way the boss wants. If you're not, the entire staff will know and they will turn against you.

Cons

-Inconvenient location; no reimbursement for mileage
    -Deceptive recruitment; this is a commission-based retail job, plain and simple. The interviewers will do whatever it takes to avoid admitting this. Since I left this job, I have seen the same position advertised under at least five different names
    -Employees live in fear of being fired; trainers will blame their trainees if they themselves did not produce in a day ("I would have gotten leads, but I was taking care of the new guy," etc.)
    -Unprofessional boss -- easy to get along with until you show the slightest sign of slippage and are immediately expendable
    -Cult-like environment

Start from scratch. Do not mislead people in advertisements or interviews. There were some really great people who I worked with here. It's a shame that they're in the situation they are.