Portsmouth Regional Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsWork life balance, friendly staff

Conscompensation is a bit low compared to Competitors however, this varies on the role.

Night Pharmacy services in a 200 bed acute care inpatient Hospital with a 20 bed ICU

Night Pharmacist 9PM - 7AM (Former Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsLearned a lot of new medication therapies and new medicaiton techniques

ConsShift change was potentially difficult as the evening shift was trying to get out on time but that was often not possible due to multiple complex patients with complicated medication issues

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow staff to communicate with incoming shifts so that pt care is relayed to next shift

BSN-Okay

BSN (Former Employee) Portsmouth, VA

ProsThe staff get together and meet at Harbor restaurants and clubs/bars - fun you know lots of people.
    Staff is very friendly and great help
    Lower pay scale to start with - but catch up in a few years

ConsThe darn traffic and bridge issues getting to work
    Management is supportive - some get promoted too soon

Advice to Senior Managementtry harder

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Teamwork was the most important and greatest experiences.

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Portsmouth, VA

ProsEveryone is respectable towards each other. We always ask questions and try to figure what the best solution is together. We as a team help each other out by taken care of the co-workers data information about their patient so that part is finished. Sometimes the department can get busy-answering phones,speaking to doctors and answering any questions the families or patients have about there procedure. Management was nice and tried to work with you on certain aspects.

ConsSometimes the communication between management and employees was not achieveable.
    There was no advancement and if there was an open shift available because someone left you hardly had the chance to be chosen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there needs to be more communication between managers and employees and when there are empty shifts you should tell the current employees first and then go out of the box for other applicants.

Worked for Portsmouth Regional Hospital? Contribute to the Community!