Possible
www.possible.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Possible Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Shane Atchison

Pros:
  • "The culture is great and there is a lot of emphasis on work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "they hire good people that are genuine and come in with a lot of enthusiasm"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "The downside of Possible is the work/life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Lack of leadership from the top"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Big on Culture

I have been working at Possible full-time

ProsI've had positive experiences here and would recommend this company to anyone. Great people who deeply care about the work and each other. Great opportunity to get a broad exposure into digital marketing and to work with great brands.

ConsAs with any services type of company, some clients can have be overly demanding and have unrealistic expectations resulting in crazy hours and a chaotic work-life balance.

Great place to learn + very skilled team members, but hours can be long with lower pay

Designer (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Possible full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture at Possible is amazing. It's agency life + a lot of perks such as parties, free food and great christmas parties. The individuals who work there are very skilled and talented at what they do. Asking for help is never a problem. For a new career, this is a great place to network as well as learn from the many talented individuals are you.

ConsThe downside of Possible is the work/life balance. As with any agency, Possible has a good amount of work that comes and goes. Therefore, many times you will be asked to stay longer in order to get the work done. A regular work week for most people would be 40 hrs... however, in my experience at possible, my regular week consisted of 60-80 hours a week and it never seemed to let up. The overall compensation just wasn't worth it.

Additionally, in the past 1.5 yrs, Possible (who was once bridge worldwide) has undergone many cutbacks and thus, layoffs. There was a layoff in June of 2012 and then another layoff in Jan of 2013 - laying off more than 30% of the company. In my time, I saw some amazing talent let go, which was pretty sad to say the least and furthermore, very demoralizing When P&G makes cutbacks in their budgets, Possible Cincinnati loses business and thus, the layoffs.

Great agency to work for

Senior Analytics & Optimization Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Possible full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, absolutely great people. Very good environment and work ethics.
Overall interesting work. Very good work-life balance.

Very good high up management, good people to know and learn from.

There is a good career advancement for up to middle management

ConsIf you don't get in the business with the salary you are happy with then they cannot change your compensation. Maybe you can take a 10% increase, these are WPP policies that cannot be changed.

The work is interesting but is not cutting edge, they talk the talk rather than walk the walk, and thats okay for an agency.

Hard to to evolve in higher up management, the organisation is very set.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people well. Invest more in innovation and give people the opportunity to fill they can evolve more in the organisation.

Great work experience

Senior Motion Animator (Former Employee)
Culver City, CA

I worked at Possible full-time for more than a year

ProsForward thinking, allowed to daydream with techniques, talented staff and management

Consideas were sometimes so far out of reality it became annoying. never allowed to show work.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it classy

Terrible management, lots of overtime, they like to play the blame game

Developer (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Possible full-time

ProsCoworkers are good people, location is right near stadium, work is kind of interesting and always different.

ConsConstant infighting at the upper-management level between the "creatives" and the "worker-bees", shifting priorities lead to re-work and overtime, constantly looking to assign blame when something is over-promised and under-delivered, worst business life cycle I've ever seen

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your friends into upper management, stop repeating the same mistakes over and over when it comes to over-promising, fix the process so that the worker-bees (who actually know what it takes to build something) can be involved in the early stages, eliminate pockets of favoritism, stop trying to push the "hip" culture, start treating employees like people!

A lot of opportunity for smart, inspired & ego-less people

I have been working at Possible full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPOSSIBLE has managed to create a culture of open-minded and driven people. There is a lot of opportunity for people who aren't afraid to speak up. Ego is never welcomed but confidence is. The transparency between C level execs and employees is refreshing and has established a great amount of trust throughout the company.

ConsNew processes can be slow to adopt but the company has made some major strides over the past few years, and continues to get better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with this forward momentum and continue to trust your employees. The honest and open communication here is admirable.

Laid back culture, forward thinking agency with a great body of work

I have been working at Possible full-time

ProsInteresting and innovative work. The culture is great and there is a lot of emphasis on work/life balance.

ConsAs a young employee there isn't much in the way of career guidance.

Awesome place to work if you're smart and ambitious

Account Management (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Possible full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people make POSSIBLE - super smart, passionate about what they do and really friendly. Our leadership team are approachable and really care about the culture and talent. I am so proud that we have zero politics and no egos.
It's very fast paced and you need to enjoy working in a start up environment. Having a truly global network means that people are now starting to move and work out of other offices.
If you want to be part of creating an agency and making a difference every day then POSSIBLE is perfect for you.

ConsThe agency is still integrating so processes and infrastructure are still being implemented so it can be slightly chaotic at times so you need to be the type of person that can embrace change. POSSIBLE isn't for the faint hearted - you need to have a really strong work ethic and be prepared to go the extra mile.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing the vision, values and wins across the business. More communications.

Prepare to challenge yourself....in a good way.

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Possible full-time for less than a year

ProsProgressive agency that wants to produce high quality work for its clients.
Seattle office has a great culture of supporting each other.
From Management down the ladder, everyone puts in the time needed on projects.
Management is willing to listen to anyone to help improve offering and structure.

ConsLong hours are needed for certain projects but we are talking about agency life here.
Merger of several offices recently demands tighter integration globally.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees.
Share wins and hires.
Communicate freely and often.

Smart people, interesting work, flexible environment.

I have been working at Possible full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of smart people. Super laid back environment. Fun. People stick around here for a long time, and a lot of times when they leave, they come back.

ConsIt can be challenging to progress your career if you aren't really proactive and able to be patient.

Worked for Possible? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Possible reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Possible CEO Shane Atchison. All 60 reviews posted anonymously by Possible employees.