Post Office Reviews

3.3
Post Office Chief Executive Paula Vennells
Paula Vennells

1. Post office

Pros

In control of your work

Cons

No benefits for a year.

2. Sub Postmaster

Current Employee - Sub Postmaster in Kenilworth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sub Postmaster in Kenilworth, England (UK)

I have been working at Post Office full-time

Pros

in the last 3 years since I had the post office I've had no problems that was not sorted.

Cons

customers very rude and not willing to wait even a few seconds whilst we complete our work.

3. rubbish

Current Employee - Counter Clerk and Outreach Manager in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Counter Clerk and Outreach Manager in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

Get to sit down all day

Cons

literally everything else about the job

Advice to Management

manage your staff, dont be nitpicky but down just abandon them either

5. Post Office Is Cool!

Current Employee - CSC in Lowestoft, England (UK)
    Current Employee - CSC in Lowestoft, England (UK)

Pros

We have a very good working relationship between our team. Some members are more confident in certain products, but we all pull together. We have good rapport with our customers, and are always trying to introduce new products that could be beneficial to them.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure on selling products, but we understand that this is necessary for the business to survive, and for us to keep our jobs!

Advice to Management

Better products along the way, like fibre optic broadband, and new Horizon equipment would make life easier.

Changes

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Brecon, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Brecon, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Post Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked in the Post office for lots of years. Seen a lot of changes and some not for the best. It is always full of variety.. The element of surprise keeps it interesting.

Cons

Lack of government business now. Making it a lot harder to survive.

Advice to Management

keep positive and up to date with everything. Offer your staff incentives to create a little fun competition

7. post office great to work in but lacking proper business plans from the head office

Current Employee - Counter Clerk and Outreach Manager in Wivenhoe, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Counter Clerk and Outreach Manager in Wivenhoe, England (UK)

I have been working at Post Office full-time

Pros

getting to know members of the local community very well, seeing their family member grow up and have their own children. being part of a community.

Cons

can be quiet sometimes of the year, lack of new customers

Advice to Management

better adverising, encourage people to bank using the post office rather than their high street banks in the local towns. which many banks are closing now the post office should be jumping at hte chance to get all the new customer base in.

8. Post office counter clerk

Current Employee - Post Office Clerk in Adel, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Post Office Clerk in Adel, England (UK)

I have been working at Post Office (More than 8 years)

Pros

love the people i work with, love meeting new people and regular people, love the job dealing with post etc

Cons

too much trying to make us sell stuff, too much not just focusing on giving the customer great service but trying to badger each one to buy extra. change things on the computer that didnt need changing and dont fix the ones that do need changing.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees let them tell you whats what not people who had never served in a post office or have served but were management

9. Outdated and the worst customer service

Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Financial Services Specialist in London, England (UK)

Pros

Some of the people and the Bank of Ireland products

Cons

Where do you start, forcing customers to use self service, running on a skeleton staff. Out dated approach to customer service staff selling financial product with a worrying lack of knowledge. Sleep walking into a disaster.

Advice to Management

Please stop comparing yourself to a bank, you are everything that was bad about the banks 10 years ago. Please stop trying patting yourselves on the back and update you approach to customer and for god sake employ some people with a professional approach to work

10. counter clerk

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Farnham, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Post Office part-time (More than a year)

Pros

such a varied job so much to learn each day is different you meet so many different people. I work with a great bunch of people and the day always goes quick each day you feel that you have helped someone . great fulfilling job.

Cons

trying to keep queues down............. but I love the challenge. can also be quite challenging to offer all our products to are customers explaining how we can save them money without coming across as a hard sell.

Advice to Management

for management things have become more challenging with cuts to staffing levels and new structures in place making the work load more for the hours in a day this is where training and delegation come into place to spread the work load amongst college's.

11. Awesome

Current Employee - Post Office Clerk in High Wycombe, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Post Office Clerk in High Wycombe, England (UK)

I have been working at Post Office (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely Colleagues Great Manager Awesome Team

Cons

Wage Long Shifts Nothing Else I Can Think Of

RSS Feed </> Embed