Post Properties

Be The First To
Add Photos

David P. Stockert

I love Post

Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's very much a team environment. If you are hoping to skate by at work while others do your job, then you will not like Post. It is structured company, has great team training, doesn't try to cram multiple positions into one job position, has great benefits including stock options, and the bonuses are very nice. In addition, the regional managers (AVP) are very much motivators and keep the communication lines open so you are not in the dark about Post's goals and how they impact your potential earnings through bonuses. You start at 9:30am so it's great to not have to deal with the traffic as much.

ConsNone, this is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work structure and environment. Post knows people thrive by earnings, thank you for keeping us motivated! And thank you for understanding that leasing consultants and maintenance employees are NOT the bottom of the barrel. You have a sagacious work ethic. Thank you understanding the importance of safety due to inclement weather when necessary. Thank you very much, please keep it up.

Great Company

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat, welcoming and helpful work environment.
You have a three day weekend every month- great for weekend trips!
Awesome bonus structure, you get paid to succeed and they help you through every step of the way. This is a wonderful team environment. The opposite of cut throat.
Stock options, great benefits.
The CEO goes out of his way to get you know you. AVPs are helpful and friendly.
If you truly work hard and have a good attitude, the residents, management and other members of the team sees it. You will go far if you wake up everyday with a smile and work hard. People think they can get promoted in a year-- it takes lots of experience and TIME to get to the next level at Post.

ConsWorking lunch. I answer the phone, emails etc. if I have to while eating my sandwich! (This is not normally the case, but it does happen!)
You work the other three Saturdays a month that is not your three day weekend.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep supporting the teams the way you are. Also, give more support with questions about PTO, HR, etc.

Good company all around

I have been working at Post Properties

ProsGreat people in this company. Great product.

ConsMicro-managers, very little too for growth.

Good Work Environment

Office Assistant (Former Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Post Properties full-time for less than a year

ProsThe team of manangement has a good work ethic and makes the day go faster

ConsThere is a lot of down time, which no one wants

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Great structure, bonus potential, and GREAT people

Senior Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than a year

ProsThe training and development is awesome. You are awarded for performance. Everyone is helpful and has your best interests at heart. Professionalism is very apparent in leadership. Overall, company has low turnover.
The company is extremely innovative and the technology is always changing.

ConsVery little room for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on your employees and not just the stockholders.

Not the Post it used to be

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDepending on what property you work at and what your role is, it can be a great experience, fun, and team oriented, or it can be a miserable experience all around.

ConsThings have definitely changed over the last 5 years or so. Post used to do a lot to reward their employees, trips, prizes, bonuses etc. Then when things with the market went down they slashed jobs at the top and did away with most of the reward system. The whole culture has changed, and employee turnover and dissatisfaction has increased. Pay is low compared to other companies, you are not paid based on your tenure or experience, or for your work ethic. Managers and Assistants work Saturdays. Employees, especially Managers are not empowered to make decisions that are best for their property, everything needs approval by upper management and often is not customer friendly or flexible. There is no loyalty and way too much favoritism. Promotions and pay raises are arbitrary and they will never put anything in writing. There are no real opportunities for job growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executives are out of touch with what goes on day to day onsite, they sit around and look at reports and fire off emails about what they need from the folks onsite, but forget to day thanks for the times that we are really helping them out. Most of the AVP's are good, but there are a couple who are probably only in their role because they make the company money, certainly not because they are good Leaders. There needs to be a confidential way to report unprofessional conduct by upper management without feeling like you would be fired, and that someone would actually take it seriously and do something about it.

Amazing Company!

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than a year

ProsAwesome culture, professional, fun, friendly people and work environment, great team environment, flexible schedule, Sundays off (which isn't common in the apartment industry), excellent training program (Post really invests a lot of time and money into each individual associate), promote from within company, excellent room for growth (almost ALL of corporate associates as well as everyone in the company started out as a leasing consultant which is pretty amazing!), opportunities for countless attainable bonuses (both team and individual), great associate/employee appreciation and recognition (two annual award ceremony gatherings each year in each market, where all employees come together and celebrate each other's successes. The CEO and other corporate figures are present at every one!), overall just a wonderful place to work and build a career!!

ConsSometimes working Saturdays isn't ideal, and you get at least one long weekend off every month, Friday - Sunday, and the weeks you do work on Saturday, you have a day off during the week

Wonderful company to work for! Promotion from within! Work/Life Balance!

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have worked for Post for many years and love my job! I have been promoted 3 times and feel like I make a difference in this company. You will get promoted if you work hard and become the best in your role. Those not getting promoted are not the best fit for that job or that property. Company puts a lot of time into training, community and rewards for employees. Post has won 100 Best Places to work in ATL several years in a row. This is voted on by people that work here. We must love our jobs! Post has also won the Forbes award for Most Trustworthy Company.

ConsWorking 3 Saturdays per month; however, you only work from 10-5 p.m. and you get a day off during the week as well as a long weekend per month (Fri, Sat and Sunday). I no longer work Saturday's and now I miss my day during the week. Grass is not always greener!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to let people go who are not preforming. See some people in positions that should move on to make room for those who will do a great job and take the company to the next level.

Enjoy the job very much

Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Post Properties full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay, good culture, enjoyable

Consmanagement has to approve anything, employees not empowered

Great starter job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Post Properties

ProsFlexible time off, easy work, nice people

ConsWorking on Saturdays, inconsistent management

Worked for Post Properties? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Post Properties reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Post Properties CEO David P. Stockert. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Post Properties employees.