Post Properties

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
3.6

David P. Stockert

Great Job Fresh Out of College!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties

Pros

Post is a great company to work for fresh out of college. The pay is great if you work hard you can EASILY get monthly bonuses like I have. The company really recognizes hard work and awards you for it. They train you properly and they have a great team behind you to help you along the way. I've worked for Post for only 3 months already feel greatly appreciated. As a marketing major, this job really has helped open me up with talking to people, telephone skills, emailing, sales, social media and just marketing overall! Oh, and Post only hires from within so there are great opportunities for growth.

Cons

I have no cons so far with Post. Maybe the working 3 Saturdays a month but, having a day off during the week really is great.

Nice job out of college

Former Employee - Marketiing/Senior Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketiing/Senior Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, great people, allows you to really use your selling and Marketing skills

Cons

If property management is not your long- term goal then it could be a means to an end.

Needs to pay better

Great company to work for and great people to work with

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Post Properties is an excellent company to start a career with. There are many opportunities for advancement within all departments for highly engaged and highly performing associates and they tend to promote from within the organization. The company is very customer service oriented and treats each customer experience as a unique opportunity to achieve their mission statement. Best of all, the company is truly a team oriented business. When all work together as a team, all succeed and are rewarded.

Cons

Working on Saturdays, but it comes with the territory with any job within Real Estate/Property Management.

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sundays are closed
    Rent Discounts are good
    Good Benefits
    Mostly great people to work for

Cons

We are reviewed by Property Managers, however I believe there should be some type of review for the Property Manager by his/her employees. Upper Management are all about the numbers and do not get to see what really goes on sometimes. I work REALLY hard, a lot of over time on my own time when my Manager is reading a book some days. A lot of the improvements came when I was promoted to the property and implemented many ideas to improve inspection scores, achieve more income, achieve renewal goals, created team building ideas because everyone hated each other etc however the Manager gets all the credit and always tell me thank you but never speaks up about it in front of Upper Management. I like her and would never throw her under the bus so Upper Management will never know. However, it creates a frustrating environment. I have talked to her about my thoughts and asked if she can do more than the bare minimum that only her Boss sees because we could function a lot better when we help each other out, as one person should be overwhelmed when another is bored.
    Also there isn't much room for advancement passed Assistant Property Manager. When a Property Manager position comes available several people are posting for it and it will likely go to a "favorite".

Pay more attention to your Property Managers daily activity and not just the numbers. Find out who is really keeping the property and budgets together.

Dirty place and dirty tactics

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office is clean. I also like the dressing code.

Cons

Office is the only place that is clean. The pathways is filled with dog waste (and cockroach at night). The worst thing is, the questionable business tactics kills moral. For example, the service is kept at the minimum just to keep the cost down. Enormous money is spent faking residents evaluations. Consequently, the garbage dump produces gruesome smell and dog wastes makes your walk disgusting.

Do not pretend to be someone you are not.

Customer service driven

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A very organized company that cares about their residents.

Cons

They should offer more bonues sense there are no commisions.

One of the most reputable companies in Atlanta to work for

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlike many other companies in the industry, leasing offices are closed on Sundays. Post is very team-oriented, and senior management is very supportive to all employees who work on-site. Bonuses are very common and can often double your paycheck.

Cons

Post rarely punishes those who are doing a horrible job. Those that perform horribly are also not the only ones who openly talk about looking for another job and that their current position is just something until they "find a real job." This often brings the overall morale down and makes your job feel less fulfilling.

Get rid of employees who talk negatively about the company and openly say that they are looking for a "real" job. This is an incredible company to work for, and they need to realize that they are lucky to work for and be paid by such a reputable company and brand!

Management can be out of tune

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great 1st job out of college. You will get tons of experience dealing all different types of people and handling different job responsibilities. There is not a ton of room for growth in the Atlanta market since they keep selling communities. Manager positions rarely come available. If you want to be promoted, move to the VA/DC market and you will be almost immediately promoted. They have company events which are fun and an awards banquet twice a year where they recognize top performers. Rent discounts are great!! I feel as though the salary and benefits are sufficient for the job responsibilities of a leasing consultant. The CEO is great.

Cons

Upper management is not in tune with the workload of it's employees. They keep cutting positions throughout the company and increasing the workload on the remaining employees. All companies are doing this however, you can only downsize so much until the remaining employees cannot handle all the assignments given. They are not aware when this happens and notice the overtime that is required in order complete all job responsibilities which creates burn out and resentment for employees.

Also, they tend to only look at the numbers on paper and do not take into consideration all of the other efforts given by employees. I worked with many people who were very lazy and Post did nothing. While hard work is rewarded, laziness should be punished. They have group bonuses for on-site employees which are generous and great if everyone is working hard to achieve bonus. If you get one or two people on your team that are not willing to work or provide excellent service then it seems unfair that they get a bonus if you are working overtime and busting your butt to make it happen.

Missing bonus really stinks once you get used to getting it every month.

The numbers on paper do not tell the whole story and there should be consequences for employees who are not contributing to the team.

I love Post

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's very much a team environment. If you are hoping to skate by at work while others do your job, then you will not like Post. It is structured company, has great team training, doesn't try to cram multiple positions into one job position, has great benefits including stock options, and the bonuses are very nice. In addition, the regional managers (AVP) are very much motivators and keep the communication lines open so you are not in the dark about Post's goals and how they impact your potential earnings through bonuses. You start at 9:30am so it's great to not have to deal with the traffic as much.

Cons

None, this is a great company.

Keep up the great work structure and environment. Post knows people thrive by earnings, thank you for keeping us motivated! And thank you for understanding that leasing consultants and maintenance employees are NOT the bottom of the barrel. You have a sagacious work ethic. Thank you understanding the importance of safety due to inclement weather when necessary. Thank you very much, please keep it up.

Great company, bad management!

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are alot of bonus opportunities if you work at the right property. You can live on the property that you work at, which makes the commute a whole lot easier. Post has a great reputation so the clients come to you and you don't have to do much selling of the name "Post Properties."

Cons

If you work at an older property that hasn't been renovated it will be really hard to sell the property when surrounded by renovated properties from other companies because Post likes to have the highest rents in the industry even if it is for a property that is 20 years old and not renovated.
    There isn't a lot of room for growth within the company unless you plan on moving. Positions in corporate do not come up very often and there are so many people fighting for assistant manager positions.
    Working 3 out of 4 saturdays in a month gets really old really quick!!!!

My manager is always putting me down and blaming me for stuff that I have absolutely no control over and not defending me in a sexual harrasment case in our office because this manager rents her personal house to the said offender. Management needs to learn to help their employees grow within the company, not try to hold them back.

Post Properties Response

Jun 10, 2014Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your “Advice to Senior Management” and take statements like that very seriously. In accordance with our policies, if you feel you have been subject to ... More

Post Properties Photos