Post Properties Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
29 reviews filtered by
3.9
David P. Stockert

1. Excellent company to work for!!

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Social, fun, tons of opportunities to learn

Cons

Sometimes working Saturdays is a bummer, but having a long weekend is great!

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. Wonderful co-workers and work environment

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love all of my co-workers. We make a great time and are friends outside of work also. Post is so good about investing in and training their employees.

Cons

Nothing in Post's control but dealing with difficult residents and working on Saturdays are my least favorite aspects of the job.

3. Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Post Properties

Pros

Post is a great company to work for. The leasing consultant position is perfect for fresh out of college graduates. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Working lunch and bonus structure. You are not paid by the lease but rather a collective team bonus. This can be both frustrating and beneficial.

5. Post

I have been working at Post Properties

Pros

The rent discount especially in higher priced markets is nice, and the office opens at 10 am, which is good for late risers.

Cons

Cannot make a decent living unless you are at least a Property Manager, but Property Managers are the perfect example of frustrated mid-management. Very stressful position as manager must enforce corporate policies to residents that are often disconnected and unrealistic. Monthly bonuses can be hard to achieve. Constant escalating goals are expected to be achieved without understanding from upper management, nothing is every good enough. If you achieve a goal one week, then next week you should surpass the previous week. This expectation is unrealistic.

6. So far, pretty positive.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Great environment, internal promotions.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like to can get lost in the shuffle.

Maybe try and make an effort towards employees, so they know their concerns and opinions have been heard.

7. Great Job Fresh Out of College!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties

Pros

Post is a great company to work for fresh out of college. The pay is great if you work hard you can EASILY get monthly bonuses like I have. The company really recognizes hard work and awards you for it. They train you properly and they have a great team behind you to help you along the way. I've worked for Post for only 3 months already feel greatly appreciated. As a marketing major, this job really has helped open me up with talking to people, telephone skills, emailing, sales, social media and just marketing overall! Oh, and Post only hires from within so there are great opportunities for growth.

Cons

I have no cons so far with Post. Maybe the working 3 Saturdays a month but, having a day off during the week really is great.

8. Nice job out of college

Former Employee - Marketiing/Senior Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketiing/Senior Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership, great people, allows you to really use your selling and Marketing skills

Cons

If property management is not your long- term goal then it could be a means to an end.

Needs to pay better

9. Great company to work for and great people to work with

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Post Properties is an excellent company to start a career with. There are many opportunities for advancement within all departments for highly engaged and highly performing associates and they tend to promote from within the organization. The company is very customer service oriented and treats each customer experience as a unique opportunity to achieve their mission statement. Best of all, the company is truly a team oriented business. When all work together as a team, all succeed and are rewarded.

Cons

Working on Saturdays, but it comes with the territory with any job within Real Estate/Property Management.

10. Overall good experience

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I have been working at Post Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sundays are closed
    Rent Discounts are good
    Good Benefits
    Mostly great people to work for

Cons

We are reviewed by Property Managers, however I believe there should be some type of review for the Property Manager by his/her employees. Upper Management are all about the numbers and do not get to see what really goes on sometimes. I work REALLY hard, a lot of over time on my own time when my Manager is reading a book some days. A lot of the improvements came when I was promoted to the property and implemented many ideas to improve inspection scores, achieve more income, achieve renewal goals, created team building ideas because everyone hated each other etc however the Manager gets all the credit and always tell me thank you but never speaks up about it in front of Upper Management. I like her and would never throw her under the bus so Upper Management will never know. However, it creates a frustrating environment. I have talked to her about my thoughts and asked if she can do more than the bare minimum that only her Boss sees because we could function a lot better when we help each other out, as one person should be overwhelmed when another is bored.
    Also there isn't much room for advancement passed Assistant Property Manager. When a Property Manager position comes available several people are posting for it and it will likely go to a "favorite".

Pay more attention to your Property Managers daily activity and not just the numbers. Find out who is really keeping the property and budgets together.

11. Dirty place and dirty tactics

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Post Properties full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office is clean. I also like the dressing code.

Cons

Office is the only place that is clean. The pathways is filled with dog waste (and cockroach at night). The worst thing is, the questionable business tactics kills moral. For example, the service is kept at the minimum just to keep the cost down. Enormous money is spent faking residents evaluations. Consequently, the garbage dump produces gruesome smell and dog wastes makes your walk disgusting.

Do not pretend to be someone you are not.

Post Properties Photos