Post University

Post University Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

The school is backed by a venture capital firm (need I say more) looking to make money in online education.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a good place to get your foot in the door if you want to teach in higher education. The pay for adjunct staff, which comprises over 90%, is decent. The administrative staff are dedicated.

ConsThe unscrupulous activities of the investors influence the college experience in negative ways. Many students have very low grades coming in and distract the students that want to make something of themselves. A smarter decision for these low scoring students is to attend a two year college and then transfer to a better school or even a good online school. Don't be fooled by rankings and statistics. Walk into a live class and see for yourself what goes on. You simply have to be out of your mind to go into debt for a school like Post.

The physical campus is very very small and you just can't get a real college experience this way. Use of sports teams to attract students to a bottom tier university while allowing them to miss class is a disservice to them. You are virtually guaranteed to play on a sports team as a student. But, why pay a substantial tuition to play intramural sports? These students would be better served by going to a better school (preferably a state school) and join outside sports teams for a fraction of the cost.

Over 95% of on campus faculty are floating adjuncts with Masters degrees. They receive no benefits and have no voice.

They are trying desperately to expand online education but are losing the battle as better brand name schools that offer the same at a lower cost with higher prestige, much better technology and a solid infrastructure. This results in telling students what they want to hear as opposed to guiding them in their best interest. The sales team is engaged in high pressure sales and commissioned to bring in more students.

Please save your money and choose a school that will provide you with a better education & serve your end goal...preparing you for the world of work, providing internships and an alumni base that you can leverage for a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency is important. They have had 4 presidents in the past eight years. Current president Don Mroz needs to focus on being ethical and not sacrifice standards for profit. He is a puppet to the shareholders.

The main reason Post has a very small campus is to drive the profitable online business by showing they have a physical campus. But, many schools that have a physical campus are now offering online degrees. What's the difference. First, you will get a higher caliber education from a university with well known and high quality faculty. Many professors at post have cheap online degrees, including Don Mroz who received his credentials from a time when online education was more of a correspondence course with ancient technology compared to what exists today.

The resources at Post are poor to say the least...another advantage for other online schools.

Unfortunately Post is a disgrace to higher education. Their online profits will fall as the market becomes commoditized. Employers are now partnering with online schools to provide a $10,000 BA degree. If online profits don't meet shareholder expectations, their is a good chance the the doors of Post will eventually close. And, we will all be better for it.

Great Place to Start Your Career!

Residence Director (Current Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsYou get the opportunity to get your hands into as many different aspects of higher education as you could imagine. There are friendly faces wherever you go. The president is an amazing human being and I am honored to work for him. Plenty of sick time/PTO. Tons of one-on-one student interaction on main campus.

ConsBeing a for-profit institution, it's all about the numbers. Some, especially those in upper management, tend to forget about the importance of the individual student and focus more on the total number, thus sacrificing the quality of time for those students already present at the university.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that retaining students is just as, if not more, important than bringing in the new. Keeping the current students happy is how the money is made and how a good reputation is built. Invest in the now!

Hard work Doesn't Pay Off

OEI Admissions Counselor (Current Employee)
    Middlebury, CT

ProsThe employees in Online Admissions are all miserable together so it builds a unity through fear of job security.

ConsWorking here is resume suicide. Every real college and university in New England knows that Post University has questionable ethics, a "sales over student consideration" focus, and is not respected as work that translates well into another higher education field. Upper management lies to employees and freezing salaries and promotions after a very successful budget year is common.

Advice to Senior ManagementReport yourselves to NEASC for violating accreditation standards. Think more about investing in employees' happiness rather than blatantly playing favorites, since we pay your salaries. Senior management should not allow *managers with only high school diplomas* to get promoted.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SALES POSITION

Admissions Counselor OEI (Current Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsIf you like a competitive sales job this is it..

Consshuttle service, can't park where you work have to wait for a shuttle.

Good people, reasonable expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome good administrators that are concerned with their employees. Less bureaucracy than public universities. With a few glaring exceptions, good quality academics are offered that offer credibility to the institution.

ConsThe for-profit aspect of the university has some drawbacks. Admissions is reportedly pretty shady in terms of how they meet quotas and treat employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPredatory banking practices led to the financial meltdown; for-profit universities have a duty to society to avoid a college loan crisis. Your admissions department should have an independent ethics board.

Business Development

ProsVery professional organization to work for

Consno current issues with this organization

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to listen to your organization

Supportive environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe leaders of the university are warm and always open to hearing from any employee.

ConsDifficult to communicate effectively to the admissions staff and the distance with the marketing department in Philadelphia is complex.

Excellent University to work for.

Associate Professor (Current Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsGreat faculty within the school of business.
    Very supportive group of department chairs.
    Excellent communication among faculty.

ConsNo real cons. This has been an excellent place to start a professional teaching career. Couldn't ask for a better group of people

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with getting the programs accredited.

A learning Institution that is unfortunately very understaffed to realistically meet goals and objectives

FT (Current Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsMajority of Academic Affairs personnel are very committed to delivery of learning excellence

ConsHigh aspirations and unrealistic resources and planning to meet objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign strategic goals with adequate staffing and supporting systems.

One Giant Joke

Admissions Counselor/Internet (Former Employee)
    Waterbury, CT

ProsInitial interview was good. They seemed interested. Hired me within 24 hours. Sent letters of hire and salary agreement along with a firm start date.

ConsWhere do I begin? Moved my entire life and resigned a present position to take a job with Post. After major expenses totaling several thousand and signing a lease, the University called the day before I was supposed to start to say the job was no longer available. How does that happen? Now I have no job and I have to move back home. They even hung up the phone when I acted upset. Wouldn't you?

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is apparent to me that there is a huge problem with communication at this facility and I became another victim of the lack of professionalism that was afforded to me.

Worked for Post University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Post University reviews and ratings. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Post University employees.