Post University

Updated May 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to Start Your Career!

Residence Director (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsYou get the opportunity to get your hands into as many different aspects of higher education as you could imagine. There are friendly faces wherever you go. The president is an amazing human being and I am honored to work for him. Plenty of sick time/PTO. Tons of one-on-one student interaction on main campus.

ConsBeing a for-profit institution, it's all about the numbers. Some, especially those in upper management, tend to forget about the importance of the individual student and focus more on the total number, thus sacrificing the quality of time for those students already present at the university.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that retaining students is just as, if not more, important than bringing in the new. Keeping the current students happy is how the money is made and how a good reputation is built. Invest in the now!

SALES POSITION

Admissions Counselor OEI (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsIf you like a competitive sales job this is it..

Consshuttle service, can't park where you work have to wait for a shuttle.

Excellent University to work for.

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsGreat faculty within the school of business.
    Very supportive group of department chairs.
    Excellent communication among faculty.

ConsNo real cons. This has been an excellent place to start a professional teaching career. Couldn't ask for a better group of people

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with getting the programs accredited.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A learning Institution that is unfortunately very understaffed to realistically meet goals and objectives

FT (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsMajority of Academic Affairs personnel are very committed to delivery of learning excellence

ConsHigh aspirations and unrealistic resources and planning to meet objectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign strategic goals with adequate staffing and supporting systems.

office assistant

Assistant (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

Prosworked with the students and their schedule

Consno cons to the job

Advice to Senior Managementnone

One Giant Joke

Admissions Counselor/Internet (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsInitial interview was good. They seemed interested. Hired me within 24 hours. Sent letters of hire and salary agreement along with a firm start date.

ConsWhere do I begin? Moved my entire life and resigned a present position to take a job with Post. After major expenses totaling several thousand and signing a lease, the University called the day before I was supposed to start to say the job was no longer available. How does that happen? Now I have no job and I have to move back home. They even hung up the phone when I acted upset. Wouldn't you?

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is apparent to me that there is a huge problem with communication at this facility and I became another victim of the lack of professionalism that was afforded to me.

very unsatisfied and disappointed by management

OEI Employee (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

Prossteady paycheck and decent benefits.

Consfocus on quantity not quality

Advice to Senior Managementvalue and support employees

Great work environment with challenging tasks and the ability to change lives through higher ed

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsGood people, stepping stone into work in higher ed, some growth opportunities, solid/stable company

Conssalary, sales-like environment instead of education, limited levels of management so growth opportunities could be expanded

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the focus on the students, and we'll continue to succeed!

Easy job but poor compensation

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsThe students are good to work with.

ConsThe pay is low for the work.

Can I Get a Refund Check?

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsFor the few students who are older and actually going back for the correct reasons (very far and few between), you will feel wonderful about helping them obtain their education. You do gain valuable sales experience and learn very quickly what will and will not work when selling over the phone, especially since you are selling education.

ConsOn a bad day you will make around 150-200 phone calls easily. They tell you up front on average you will only make 80-120 phone calls a day, but leave out the fact that even if you do make 120 phone calls but don't have three students begin the registration process you're day has been a waste. There is zero overtime here, if you'd like to come in early or work later to try and hit your goals (Yes, even at a NEASC accredited institution there are sales goals and if you don't hit them you will be let go without a second thought). Work/Life balance? There is zero here. Compensation? It is ok for a calling center, I mean higher learning institution, but it is not nearly enough to put up with the ridiculous expectations that upper management expects of their employees. Don't be fooled by thinking you are helping change lives here, you are simply taking people's money and running away with it. Need proof? Simply check on the 3% retention rate. Why do you think they all of a sudden came up with a team of "Student Success Coaches?" The retention rate is so poor that they potentially could have lost their accreditation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to discuss the state of the company with your current employees. Your admissions team is the heart of your school and they are treated as second class citizens. Putting unrealistic expectations upon them and having a out of control turnover rate has every employee on edge on a daily basis. People need goals to work towards but when your employees hold more fear than love towards you it is simply not working.

Worked for Post University? Contribute to the Community!