Post University Reviews

1. Friendly, welcoming place

Current Employee - Staff Member in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Staff Member in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I found it to be a very open place where people, no matter which level in the organization are friendly and accessible. Lots of work but it's all "centered" around the student experience.

Cons

Sometimes hard to schedule things given people's schedules, few actual meeting places and lots of activities always going on. Sounds like I want more meetings but actually NOT.

Advice to Management

Keep things collaborative (as they are) and continue to work on consistency of style across all areas.

2. Admissions Counselor Online

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office environment was pretty nice. It was team based which had advantages and usually made me feel supported. They gave you a chance to learn some skill sets in marketing. Discount on online classes, but keep in mind that most employers aren't thrilled by a Post degree.

Cons

It was based on "butts-in-seats" policy, the main goal was to sign up as many online students for each eight week session as possible. It didn't really matter if the students were qualified or not. So, if you were looking to do admissions work at a legit university down the road, this experience barely helps you at all. it was a cult of personality, and those who had been there for a while and made friends with the higher ups in management got promoted based on this and not on the quality of their leadership skills.

Advice to Management

I get that it was about numbers, but what this created was a stressful and frustrating environment in which admissions counselors felt pressured to admit poor quality students- which only lowers the quality of the program. I would recommend investing in quality over quantity, both in terms of the admissions staff, the student populations and the professors and courses offered. It cheapens the program to have constant turnover of staff and students.

3. Mixed Bag - Online Division

Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with students who really want to improve their lives and are taking the steps to make that happen makes coming to work worthwhile. Hearing the excitement in a students voice as they talk about having a real future is very rewarding. The team environment was often fun and motivating. Games and contests to keep the energy flowing and the mood up and the enrollments growing.

Cons

Many leads were not properly screened. The method of recruiting (industry wide) can be deceptive as individuals 'request' information about enrollment they had no intention of doing so. The focus shifted away from the student as a person and more toward the student as a number. Many students are enrolled who have little to no chance of earning a college degree. This was not the case in the past, students were directed to other options to bring up their skills to university level then to reapply. The turnover rate for the entire division is very high, the worth being in enrollment. Average age in enrollment is maybe 25, can feel a bit like high school.

Advice to Management

Put more focus back on the students as people. Raise the standards for student enrollment. For profit schools get a bad reputation for using so much federal financial aid, don't be part of the problem. Enroll qualified students who will go on to graduation and have successful careers and pay back their student loans. Don't add to the defaults.

I wouldn't send my own children here...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People who care. Friendly work environment.

Cons

This is not a college experience. Not worth the price. Very very small campus. School is run by adjuncts. Biggest focus is in growing online school. Too much pressure to sell students on the school. Nothing to do in the area. Very poor leadership and very political. Students are encouraged to play sports and not attend class.

Advice to Management

Focus on the students. Change the management. Added too many layers of managers who have to prove why they have a job here. Reduce on-campus crime. Create programs that are interesting. Definitely invest in career services. The job placement rate is near zero.

6. A great place to work

Current Employee - Communications in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Communications in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly collaborative culture, and a real focus on student support. Post is comprised of a dedicated team of educators who are focused on providing a genuinely student-focused educational experience.

Cons

Given that classes are offered year-round, there is virtually no down time during the year. It's a blessing and a curse.

Academic Success Counselor for Online Educational Institute

Former Employee - Academic Success Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Academic Success Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While this position operated in a call center environment, the team worked closely together and made for a welcoming and productive environment. I never felt like I couldn't turn to someone for help when I found myself in a tough situation with a student. The HR department is great and really takes care of its employees as far as benefits and resignation. I had to relocate to a different state and was sad to leave such a great team.

Cons

Cubicles are a bit too close to one another and at times makes for a noisy atmosphere while you are on the phone trying to speak with a student. However, I've never received complaints from students about having trouble hearing me.

8. Great Place to Start Your Career!

Current Employee - Residence Director in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Residence Director in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get the opportunity to get your hands into as many different aspects of higher education as you could imagine. There are friendly faces wherever you go. The president is an amazing human being and I am honored to work for him. Plenty of sick time/PTO. Tons of one-on-one student interaction on main campus.

Cons

Being a for-profit institution, it's all about the numbers. Some, especially those in upper management, tend to forget about the importance of the individual student and focus more on the total number, thus sacrificing the quality of time for those students already present at the university.

Advice to Management

Remember that retaining students is just as, if not more, important than bringing in the new. Keeping the current students happy is how the money is made and how a good reputation is built. Invest in the now!

9. SALES POSITION

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor OEI in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor OEI in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a competitive sales job this is it..

Cons

shuttle service, can't park where you work have to wait for a shuttle.

10. Excellent University to work for.

Current Contractor - Associate Professor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Contractor - Associate Professor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great faculty within the school of business. Very supportive group of department chairs. Excellent communication among faculty.

Cons

No real cons. This has been an excellent place to start a professional teaching career. Couldn't ask for a better group of people

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with getting the programs accredited.

A learning Institution that is unfortunately very understaffed to realistically meet goals and objectives

Current Employee - FT in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - FT in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Majority of Academic Affairs personnel are very committed to delivery of learning excellence

Cons

High aspirations and unrealistic resources and planning to meet objectives.

Advice to Management

Align strategic goals with adequate staffing and supporting systems.

RSS Feed </> Embed