Postal Express

Steve Bergan

Very Stress Free

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR

I have been working at Postal Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Management and other drivers are great to work with. Most of the drivers are team oriented, and will help you out if needed.

Cons

Sometimes you will get additional runs on short notice. This makes it hard to keep prior commitments. Training could be a little more in depth. Some drivers will get just a day of training, while others get a couple days.

Communication (in regards to time off) to the drivers could be a lot better. Sometimes you find out that a day you requested off didn't get approved until the day before. In One instance, it took another driver to say he was covering my shift the next day, and I didn't even know that it was approved.

Very Disappointing

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Postal Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed no stress atmosphere. Everyone's easy to work with, Most of the drivers are team oriented, and will help you out if needed. "Nice group of co-workers. Lower end management tries to do what they can, but they are screwed too"

Cons

Barely above minimum wage, One benefit a paycheck, No raises, No stability, No room for advancement, embarrassingly bad fleet. The company basically hires anyone, they have no benefits, There is absolutely no room for advancement or a raise and no reward for hard work. There is such a high turnover rate and absolutely NO stability. And most importantly corporate does not care. My co-workers are good people They treat everyone like a pay-by-day worker that they couldn't care less if you were replaced. They don't fix raggedy vans, they don't care about the condition of equipment, and the warehouse and offices are filthy. The greed at the top is going to bring this company down. Do NOT work here.
    I couldn't have said it any better

Treat people like you would like to be treated, would go along way

Very poor company to work for. Corporate cares NOTHING for employees

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Postal Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice group of co-workers. Lower end management tries to do what they can, but they are screwed too.

Cons

Barely above minimum wage, No benefits, No raises, No stability, No room for advancement, embarrassingly bad fleet. I am a current employee of Postal Express while I look for a better job. The company basically hires anyone, they have no benefits, and the location where i'm employed only pays $9.75/hr. There is absolutely no room for advancement or a raise and no reward for hard work. For a company this large (3 states, multiple hubs) there is no reason they shouldn't have any type of medical/dental insurance. There is such a high turnover rate and absolutely NO stability. And most importantly corporate DOES NOT CARE. My co-workers are good people but don't get too attached because they won't be there long. They treat everyone like a pay-by-day worker that they couldn't care less if you were replaced. They don't fix raggedy vans, they don't care about the condition of equipment, and the warehouse and offices are filthy. The greed at the top is going to bring this company down. Do NOT work here.

Management on the lower end does what they can but the company as a whole is totally screwed up. Take care of the employees, at least give them a chance to get a raise or some type of medical coverage.