Postmates

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bastian Lehmann, Sam Street & Sean Plaice

Pros:
  • "Great work environment, Motivated coworkers, Great potential to move forward through the company"
    in 5 reviews
  • "We're growing fast, so things are fast paced, but ultimately really rewarding"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "99% of couriers are independent contractors"
    in 6 reviews
  • "no minimum wage, totally commission-based"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best Job Ever!

Designer (Current Employee)

ProsI started working at Postmates as a contractor straight out of college and they gave me the opportunity to pursue the career that I really wanted. The team is amazing and supportive of each other and every day there's a new challenge or something to learn. We're growing fast, so things are fast paced, but ultimately really rewarding.

ConsMy team's trashcan keeps disappearing. I suspect ghosts.

Best job ever, best company ever!

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThis is by far the best job I have ever had. The company is amazing, the mission is huge, and the co-workers are amazing and have become some of my closest friends. It never feels like you are going to work when you are doing something that you truly love, and we work with some of the smartest, funniest, and most passionate people you will ever meet. All employees get a comprehensive benefits package including paid for medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as stock in the company, equity, and many perks and other benefits. Plus. who wouldn't want to work at one of the hottest start-ups in the world. Awesome is an understatement!

ConsI just wish I got this job sooner!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating everyone as well as you have been!

Opportunity for Growth

CCM (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPostmates gave me a new career! This company gave me the opportunity to grow from a courier into a full-time employee. They look at their fleet to push for internal growth.
    Overall, I have loved my time at Postmates, they constantly asked their employees for advice and feedback. Finally, my experience as a courier on the platform were as rewarding. However much effort you put into the platform you can receive that ten fold.

ConsAny past cons have been addressed as the company continues to grow.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Courier (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsI have so much autonomy working for Postmates. The flexibility is really unbeatable and the support staff from the company have never let me down.

ConsI really don't have any. I feel like most people who dont like Postmates just arent good at working in such a flexible way without set hours or constant management. They claim its a scam but all the major details about being a courier for postmates are made very clear from the beginning. You're never forced to do anything you dont want to.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and building. This company cares about its employees and it should continue to do so

There is only one way.. and that way is up.

Launcher (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunities, Challenging, Agile, Fast-moving, Always Changing, Great Co-Workers, Hard working people

Consnot really that many cons about this job. unless you are a complainer

Courier Community Manager

Courier Community Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsI love urban mobility. I was working part time at Zipcar, and needed to find some supplemental income. So, when Postmates launched in my city, I was one of the first Couriers to sign up. Yes, I was an independent contractor and yes I loved it! I got to choose when I wanted to work and what jobs I wanted to take. At the end of the day, I love to ride my bike and if I can get paid for it, wow, I am stoked. My excitement for this startup made an impression on upper management, landing me a gig as Courier Community Manager. Now I get to help new couriers in their experience as a Postmate! Its amazing. The passion within this company is astounding. I get to work closely with everyone and It's so refreshing to be surrounded by such a motivated team.

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life."

ConsBeing a bike courier isn't easy work, it never has been, it take dedication and persistence. Just because I love to ride, doesn't make it any easier. However, the reward is worth it, at least for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have "No respect for the status quo" and I respect that ;)

Awesome San Francisco Startup!

(Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI've been working with Postmates since April 2011 when I was just a contractor and have seen this company grow from just 3 people to now over 50+! Company culture is very relaxed and I value the genuine care Postmates give towards its employees. I personally have grown with this company and believe in our product and am happy to be here, part of my external family (from home life).

ConsIt's a startup so there's always tons to do and your work load is always challenged since so many parts are moving.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to have a 401K plan set up.

A pretty awesome place to work.

San Francisco, CA

ProsPostmates is a fantastic place to work. The CEO of the company is an incredible person. If you ever have the chance to sit down and talk to him, he cares deeply for the company, it's employees and the contracted Postmates. For anyone to say otherwise, they obviously do not know him.

ConsI will be honest and say that there is not a single negative thing I have to say about working here. I enjoy coming to work everyday, the office energy is high and the people I work with are great.

San Francisco Startup Swag (CS Team)

Operation Expert (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros-Positive office atmosphere.
    -Close nit teams that all have their voices heard.
    -Transparency throughout company with all that is going on.
    -Young and motivated.

Cons-Not set schedules for our team.
    -Can sometimes feel understaffed when platform is busy.
    -Current office get a little hot.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets get going on this new office move! (excited)

Awesome, Fun & Diverse Spot to Work!

San Francisco, CA

ProsVery great people from all kinds of backgrounds who are really on the same team trying to make an awesome company, palpable energy translating into growth. A real business solving a real, tangible problem, not a buzz-based app/social/blah company that will not be profitable for a 1,000 years. Loads of opportunities to have step-up, take ownership and have a real impact from really any part of the company.

ConsGrowing rapidly so things move fast - if you are looking for something to kick back into, probably not the best place for you.

Worked for Postmates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Postmates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Postmates CEO Bastian Lehmann, Sam Street & Sean Plaice. All 52 reviews posted anonymously by Postmates employees.