Potomac Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

David L. Bernd

Nice place to work for

Surgical Tech (Former Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsGood people to work with

ConsSlow paced for people who like to be busy

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Staff satisfaction is not in thier game plan.

RN IV Emergency Department (Former Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsThe facility is close to I-95.

ConsThe leaders are out of the loop from their staff. They chase away the good, higher paying nurses so they can hire less experinced nurses at non-NOrhtern VA rates. Several nurses lost of 15 dollars per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time actually being seen by your staff. You are disconnected from your teams and really show that you are only concerned about the bottom dollar. I have my MBA, so I do have a strong MBA degree, so I am bringing you guidance that you will not use. Please surprise me and do what is right, not what makes you more money. It can be done. You just need to find someone and give them the support and ability they need to drive your facility to be one of the top hospitals in VIrginia.

Enjoyable work environment with wonderful coworkers

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee)
    Woodbridge, VA

ProsAmenable to continuing education for staff

ConsHuman Resources department very impersonal

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve departmental staff in minor decision-making in order to allow them to learn more about the facility and how it is managed

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Potomac Hospital; a small hospital with a lot of potential.

Woodbridge, VA

ProsHospital is close to home and has given me the opportunity to learn new job skills. The hospital offers a lot of opportunities for growth and development with tuition reimbursement being one of the most attactive benefits offered to all employees after only 90 days of employment. The hospital community is small and you do not get lost in the crowd. All employees on staff work hard to make each employee feel like a valuable member of the team whose job, no matter what title, is an important part of the hospital's success. The hospital still has a small town feel in an ever growing region.

ConsOpportunities for future growth in positon may be limited, due to the size of the hospital and the fact that it is a stand alone facility. It may also be difficult to transfer to other departments since many of the job skills sets are varying. Mentoring programs are also limited which may impede someone from growing in their current position or moving into a different position. Top positions have been held by the same incumbents for many years limiting the chance of moving up the career ladder by other qualified candidates. Merit increases seem to based on longevity and not performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote an environment which is conducive to achieving job satisfaction. Steps need to be taken that allow to the hospital to become not only a leader in healthcare; but in promoting a culture that fosters job satisfaction and ultimately job performance.

Worked for Potomac Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Potomac Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Potomac Hospital CEO David L. Bernd. All reviews posted anonymously by Potomac Hospital employees.