Poudre School District Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
CEO

1. Great district with high expectations.

Current Employee - Teacher in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Teacher in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre School District full-time

Pros

If you don't grow as a teacher in PSD, it's probably your own fault. There are countless professional development opportunities. Also, parents are pretty involved and overall very supportive. I appreciate the 10 flex days each year, because a day off is a day off, whether I am sick or just want to take a vacation.

Cons

Each building is its own animal. You might have great leadership and high morale; you might be micromanaged and bullied. Also, high expectations are great, but some buildings have a workaholic culture without the workaholic pay scale.

2. A life long love for teaching and enriching the minds of young people.

Former Employee - Teacher and Para-Professional in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Teacher and Para-Professional in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre School District

Pros

Enriching the minds of so many young people with foreign language, engineering/math, science, physical fitness and art.

Cons

Taking morality and accountability out of the classroom is why I left the Poudre School District. Letting students bully other students when the teachers turn their heads and act like nothing happened. Bullying is a crime! It belittles smart, intelligent students who don't have the social skills to fight back stronger then their abuser.

Advice to Management

Stop the bullying and make all students accountable for their actions. Stop turning your heads and stop blaming the victims!!!

3. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre School District

Pros

Traut is organize and friendly. The students and staff are always wonderful to work with. I look forward to work everyday.

Cons

I have not found anything to complain about. If I had to say something it would be that the heating in the building is inconsistent.

RSS Feed </> Embed