Poudre Valley Health System

Rulon F. Stacey

The best healthcare opportunities in Northern Colorado

Current Employee - Preoperative Services Assistant  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Preoperative Services Assistant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, great people, plenty of opportunity.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes recently and continue to be. It can be difficult to keep up with.

UCH merger was wrong choice.

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Still a lot of good people working at MCR and PVH but if they have left yet or been cut by SMG then they are part of the 7% employee satisfaction remaining. The remain workers still view us as seprate from UCH and put patient care first . Benifits are ok but slowly getting worse.

Cons

UCH merger, Rulon is gone, SMG more concerned about the bottom line then patients or staff. Worried about Obamacare and Banner building in Fort Collins and trying to save a ran to the ground Memorial hospital they are cutting staff, hours , etc to the point many great managers have been forced out or just left out of frustration. They say we're an award winning hospital in many areas then match pay and staffing ratios to hospitals that don't compare. They spend money moving offices all across town back and forth yet tell the rest of the employees to cut cost and decrease staff. Nurse moral is at an all time low with shifting hours, being sent home only to be called back. The new health insurance and dental is half of what it used to be. There are now deductables in the health insurance and the dental doesn't come close to covering what it used to. All the changes in trying to match UCH and it's policies and such noone is able to keep up. SMG has gone to outsourcing many departments to the point many wonder if there will be a job tomorrow. We haven't seen many cuts at SMG level though. They have managers trying to cover all three city's at once leaving one rarely seeing an actual manager unless it is for a pointless meeting only to notify us of more changes or cuts. It will be interesting to see this year's employee satisfaction survey.

The current CEO has his plate full in trying to right all the things that have gone wrong. He is a good man and hopefully can do the right thing to bring us all on track or like the employee sasticfaction survey asked many times .... Would you leave your job for a similar job with equal or a little higher pay? Yes ! I think everyone here and many that don't want to speak up are fed up with all the changes, lies, and big corporate feel when all everyone wants is to be the outstanding community hospital we once were. Look at all the reviews and you can tell when it started going down hill. Many , many employees feel the same .

Enjoy the culture

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time

Pros

Fantastic people to work with!

Cons

Pay is not comparable throughout the state.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The culture has deteriorated dramatically with the merger of University Healthcare.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of good people who still work here that truly care about the patient.

Cons

Benefits were removed for part time employees.
    Patient care has been negatively effected by the recent strategy to cut staff and have less staff to take care of the same or more patients.

Focus on the the things that made PVH a Malcom Baldridge winner. Focus on quality patient care and not the bottom line.

Lost

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None. It used to be a good place to work but not anymore, so many changes and it has lost the character it had.

Cons

Too many managers, directors and executives. Too much favoritism. Nobody cares about the staff, they are just worker bees and disposable. Too busy making a profit to care. Not a community hospital anymore. No opportunities to get ahead, too much secrecy in the hiring process. Jobs get posted and then disappear.

You need to be fired. Not doing a good job of managing all the changes. You let jerk managers stay and they bully people. They run things the way they want with no regard for employment law, hire their favorites, and it's just a clique, eventually you will have a big lawsuit for running the wrong person out the door. Definitely appears to be some age discrimination where they wiped out some departments, like the IV Team.

Dishonesty, Distrust and dissatisfaction

Current Employee - Cook  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Cook in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Decent benefits, discounts at local merchants

Cons

Were shortstaffed constantly. Management lies to us about our job status so you are constantly worried if you will still be employed next week. Our hours are all over the place, no consistancy in schedules. I have presonally worked 13 days in a row, but with managements creative scheduling techniques we never get overtime.

Listen to your employees, some good strong employees are leaving.

Not the hospital system I started with

Current Employee - Applications Analyst  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefite are great but shrinking.

Cons

Community hospital system feel has been replaced with a Corporate feel .
    That desire to do what's best for the patients doesn't seem to be there any more.
    Doing those little things for the employees is gone. Employee satisfaction is at an all time low.

Stop taking away benefits. Focus on the patient again.

Backstabbed

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None, anymore. I used to be proud to work here. Now I'm embarrassed. I plan to leave by the end of this year.

Cons

No leadership or accountability among so-called leaders and management. They like people to smile and be yes men even though they are stabbing us in the back with new "changes" daily. Policies keep changing, people are flying out the doors, the local paper won't cover citizen concerns because the hospital spends so much money advertising in it, but there really should be an investigation into how they run things. Very top-heavy organization, a lot of CEOs, COOs, CFOs, etc but they keep cutting staff. They have not been forthcoming about changes. Staff satisfaction took a major dive and then they accuse employees of having a bad attitude- duh, what did you expect? They are afraid of new ideas or new blood.

Listen to the staff who do the actual work of taking care of patients. SMG lives in their own little world and they don't actually round on the floors. They say they do, but they don't actually talk to staff. Look at peoples comments in exit interviews, maybe you'll learn why staff satisfaction was in the single digits.

Time to move on!

Current Employee - Unit Assistant  in  Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Unit Assistant in Loveland, CO

Pros

Not much unfortunately. It's a job and has benes. It's lost the allure it once had.

Cons

The employees have been beaten up with the merger and no longer trust Senior Management who has a lot of work to do to gain back the trust of the employees. It's really sad to see where we were and where we are now. So many have left. Employee satisfaction went down 87% in one year which may be why Rulon and Bruce are no longer around. I no longer feel proud to say where I work. Therefore, it's time to move on.

To little to late. Maybe in a few years things will be better but not sure how long most of the long timers can wait. Thanks for the really good environment before the merger.

A great place to work but loosing its allure.

Current Employee - Unit Assistant II  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Unit Assistant II in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has a great reputation as a quality healthcare system. The nursing staff genuinely cares and are for the most part excited to be their doing what they do. When I started here they strived to get the highest quality staff and therefore provide high quality benefits and culture. They are deservedly a magnet status hospital. It the time I left they were above average wages for the area.

Cons

It feels as though they are loosing much of what is making it such a great place. More and more staff are part time making lateral movement harder. Wages and benefits are decreasing. The care that was being taken to make it a world-class health care system isn't being taken as much and the culture is starting to lack because if it. With the coming of "Obama-care" they are fearing the worst and it is conveyed in how they are approaching the issue with staff.

The mission statement is to provide world-class health care. If wages and customer satisfaction go to market averages and we have to loose our magnet status to remain competitive then don't scream world class healthcare. These changes don't have to mean a downgrade in culture but when you are saying one thing and doing another, people loose faith.

Worked for Poudre Valley Health System? Contribute to the Community!