Power Construction

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Karp

Project Engineer Intern

Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exposure to real-world problems, plenty of responsibilities, access to all of Power's resources, great projects to work on.

ConsDifficult to prove your worth as an intern to the executive team.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

My experience at Power Construction was educational, challenging, and rewarding.

Fashion Outlets of Chicago (Current Employee) Rosemont, IL

ProsPower Construction is a large, growing company that has managed to maintain its "family owned" feel, giving its employees a sense of comfort and security. Employees are all very willing to help interns learn the ropes of the industry so you can learn at an efficient rate.

ConsI can name no cons of working for Power, my experience and the company were both outstanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement makes a very conscious effort to meet entry level employees and interns. They are the reason that the company keeps its "family owned" feel.

Project Engineer Intern

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat People. Great activities for interns. Reall enjoyed the depth of projects that they offer and the opportunites to be involved in extra curricular activities for interns. Overall good experience.

ConsMake interns travel to jobsites - gas money required. From talking to other interns, it sounds like the level of participation that you can have on the projects is highly fluid dependent upon who your mentor/project team is.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop young talent by pushing them during their internships to see what they can bring to the table. Perhaps a little more guidance in what they can do to better their marketablility when the graduate college would be useful as well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning

Project Accountant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIn the Project Accountant Group - there is a large emphasis placed on Teamwork and shared knowledge. Learned a lot about processes, improving processes and best practices.

ConsAs a Project Accountant - there is not a professional carreer path or room for advancement. Once a PA - always a PA. The only way to standout is to take on special projects and those are not always available to everyone or there are internal roadblocks to everyone getting fully involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career path / advancement for PA's

Do not let one person run the entire PA Dept. with their agenda

Worked for Power Construction? Contribute to the Community!