Power Home Remodeling Group

Updated October 23, 2014
4.0

Power Home Remodeling Group CEO Corey Schiller
Corey Schiller

Pros
  • There is unlimited earning potential, and opportunity for growth in every single department (in 28 reviews)

• Company trip to Mexico with acts like SnoopDogg playing private shows (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 42 reviews)

• There isn't much I could say I would change about the company besides the long hours (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

At Power, I am constantly challenged and coached to become the best version of myself, personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Power, more than any other career I have had been given the tools and the leadership to grow into the professional and person you could be.

Earning potential:
    The earning potential is extremely aggressive and uncapped. There are several ways in which you can increase your income including; commissions, monthly/quarterly/yearly volume bonuses, management incentives. It is expected for someone in their first 12 months to bring in anywhere from
    $70,000-$95,000. In the second year and moving forward that window jumps to $90,000-$130,000 and climbing depending on your position.

Mentorship:
    The amount of managers and continual mentoring make sure you have any help when you need it. You will have your Regional Vice President (RVP) who oversees the entire department and is hands on with the staff. From there there are several mentors who focus on a smaller sect of the office allowing for more in depth training and guidance to cut down the learning curve early in your career.

Culture:
    This is where power truly separates itself in the industry. As opposed to a typic sales role, where it can be cut throat or a "me vs you" mentality that makes breeds distrust and animosity in the office, Power is different. It is truly a "me WITH you" mentality. Everyone pushing each other to better themselves to reach a common goal. Coming from an athletic background, it can be likened to a cohesive team. The people where you work will soon become some of your best friends.

Cons

The only thing that can be taken as a "con" with this position would be the work schedule. It is an on call position with a relatively predictable window.
    It can be difficult initially, however once you get a feel for the schedule, it can be liberating. The time free throughout the day can allow you to enjoy your down time.

The only advise I would give to the management staff at power is to keep challenging us to be better and to lead from the front.

It's an enjoyable company to work for.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, team oriented environment, and with the potential for growth. The opportunities are endless for a person who is willing to give up their life to work.

Cons

The hours are awful, and the pay you are told you will receive is grossly over stated. Expect to never be able to make plans. If you are interested in living to work this is the job for you.

Stop playing favorites.

Excellent way to start a Sales Career

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun culture. Good pay. Sales process and training is top notch.

Cons

Micromanagement at all levels. Overpriced products. Fake transparency. High turnover.

Go out of your way to keep quality talent.

It's an incredible company to work for with an uplifting group of people.

Current Employee - Home Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Home Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is like nothing I have ever experienced. Everyone there is always happy and more than willing to give time and training at a moments notice. Not once have I had to beg for help with anything like in previous companies I've worked for. Everyone is a phone call away including management. One thing that really stands out to me is how your compensation is directly correlated to the work you put in. The harder you work, the more you make. I don't have a company telling me I'm only worth $10 or $15 per hour. I decide what I'm worth. Lastly, there are plenty of opportunities for growth within the company which was a huge factor in taking the job.

Cons

The only con that I could say there is is how unpredictable the hours are but in joining the company you accept that and get used to it quickly. Everything they do is done for a reason and sometimes it's hard to understand that. Hint: ask questions on why things are done the way they are and the reasoning makes complete sense.

In my eyes, not all of the mentors or leaders are made for their role. Some are better set for training than for motivating. However, there are a few that perfectly fit their role and I wouldn't change them for the world.

Why i work at power

Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant in Waltham, MA

Pros

So there are so many reasons why working at power has been such a good experience. First off the earning potential is through the roof. Finally I found a company that you get rewarded for how hard you work and how much time you put in. The room for growth within the office is right in front of you. One doesn't have to be here for 5+ years to move up the ladder. Also the culture is second to none. To be at a company where anyone would happily miss there own opportunity to earn to help a fellow employee is absolutely unheard of, but at power its the norm. I cannot express enough how much this means as an employee, to have everyone willing to help you at any moment so you can get better at your job is amazing.

Cons

The hardest thing for me with working at power is initially finding the work-life balance. Its sometimes hard to stay disciplined and keep all your life in order while working. After some time you definitely get used to it once the job becomes more comfortable but it just takes some time.

Good Company, Great Entry-Level Experience, Minimal Up-Ward Mobility, and Significant Office Politic Drama

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay. If you follow training, work diligently, and are not socially bankrupt you can make more money at this company than with nearly any other entry level job. The top 10-15% of marketers make upwards of 60k, typically in their first year out of school. Top sales people see 70k and up, often after a year of experience in marketing.

Experience. This is a great company to determine if you fit in sales or marketing; they have hiring, firing, and refining down to a science. The in-home sales pitch, door-to-door marketing pitch, and especially the hiring "pitch" is scripted to the last jot and tittle. Following these scripts allows relatively talented people to have success, find confidence, and refine both their intra and inter personal skills. New employees are given all the tools they need to succeed in a high-energy, competitive, and encouraging environment.

Mobility. Lateral movement is possible but difficult to attain. Top performers can move to sales within 4 months; others move into operations to take on lower pressure roles after several years of hard work and dedication in marketing & sales.

Annual Trip. PHRG does it big every December; so big that many burnt-out employees avoid quitting for a few extra months just to go on the trip. In 2013 they took the employees to Cancun, rented out an entire resort for 3 days, and even flew Snoop Lion in to perform. Very cool stuff.

Cons

Long awkward hours, mandatory unpaid( no base, all commission) Saturdays, Holidays; over all very poor quality of life.

Pressure to perform at high levels consistently to maintain job certainty and favor with management.

Long hours and high pressure result in burn out. Find a way to handle it or leave.

Taking paid time off is discouraged. Using PTO days consecutively is extremely discouraged.

Pay structure can vary between offices, for management in particular. This obviously creates jealously and dissension in the ranks.

Top level bonuses can change or be eliminated all together; again, for management.

Gas reimbursements are minimal, and cell phones are required for daily work use but are not reimbursed.

Middle/Upper Management constantly preaches about the ability to be the next VP in an effort to retain talented go-getters who are looking for more challenges and rewards. In reality, it is very easy to be a sales or marketing manager but upward mobility beyond that is near nonexistent. Regional Director and VP roles are seldom available and candidates are often groomed for several years; not as readily available as the regional VP's would like you to believe.

Favoritism is blatantly evident influencing employees' shift schedules, quality of marketing venue, quality of core team, and ability to take paid time off.

Be more of an influence in individuals' career direction and far more realistic about career potential.

Made some friends and learned how to manipulate people

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All employees are between 21-27 years old making it a fun working environment.

Cons

A typical day starts at 9 or 10am and you wont be getting home till 9pm

An opportunity that has no limits"

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group for a little bit over a year now. I started in the Marketing Program and became a manager, then got promoted to Consultant in a little after 8 months. From top to bottom this company has only one thing in mind and that is GROWTH. That is by far the biggest pro to working at PHRG but that is definitely not the only one. Recently I graduated from school and wasn't sure what I wanted to do but the opportunity to grow that I found at PHRG almost didn't seem real until I saw it for myself. They push you to better yourself not only as a person but as an employee, they want you to want more. The environment and office lifestyle is better then any I could imagine. My entire life I have had jobs that involved landscaping and construction so I knew making that transition to an office lifestyle would be something I had to adjust to. Even though it is very professional in the office its very hard to find yourself bored. The relationships and friendships I have made in my time at PHRG make me love my job even more. I go into the office everyday with people who are extremely motivated and not only want to succeed themselves but push you to have the same success. That is something that I think is hard to find in a lot of companies. The last thing that comes to mind for me is the fact that its an entire family. From the headquarters in Chester, PA to the office in Atlanta, GA everyone is pushing you to be the best you can be. I have visited both Atlanta and the Long Island office in my career with PHRG and have met so many other employees from the other offices. Everyone is pushing each other to be the best they can be EVERY SINGLE DAY. Thats what makes working at PHRG a great experience.

Cons

The only con that I have and its no longer an issue is adjusting to the schedule. You do have some long days but in saying that once you figure out the schedule you can make the adjustments so that you still maintain your lifestyle (going to the gym, hanging out with family and friends, etc)

Keep doing what you guys have been doing

This company is that "one shot" that I've been asking for to forge my future.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Highly rewarding! You certainly get what you put into this job. Your potential as far as salary and growth are unlimited. The training will push your sales aptitude through the roof. Most importantly, the close knit family of coworkers will not let you fall if you put in the effort.

Cons

This career takes discipline and dedication. Some people struggle to balance their personal life with the work. However, the time you put into it comes back ten fold.

Awesome, the best job I could ever imagine

Current Employee - Marketer in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Marketer in Marlborough, MA

Pros

The money from bonuses is unlimited. The hours are pretty reasonable. The company culture is perfect for anyone 22-27. If you are just graduating from college, this company will feel like a perfect professional extension into the real world.

Cons

If you want to do well and make a ton of money, you may need to work a lot of hours.

Don't change a thing. See you in Cancun