Power Home Remodeling Group Reviews

Reset
4.3
Power Home Remodeling Group Co-CEOs Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael

Pros
  • First off the earning potential is through the roof (in 28 reviews)

• Company trip to Mexico with acts like SnoopDogg playing private shows (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 42 reviews)

• Work long hours at times but well worth it (in 43 reviews)

Remodeling Consultant

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a larger corporation for my first three years after college and have been with Power for just under a year now. To say I live a more financially free, comfortable, and happy life is an understatement. Since my time at Power I have grown professionally, and personally, and have developed an amazing set of skills and confidence. I don't see myself ever writing another resume again.

Cons

Almost no one comes to Power with any home remodeling experience. The first month is difficult learning a new sales style about a completely new topic. Once you get through this the opportunities are endless.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

2. Amazing company! Best culture ever!

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Retail Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture is amazing, everyone is actual friends and you become a family - Pay is great for those that perform well - Company values are in line with what a big successful companies should be

Cons

- Some favoritism is present (not company wide - but with some managers) - Growth from within is somewhat limited if you do not want to be in Sales for a long, long time - Commissions were changed in 2015 and many managers like myself took a huge pay cut

Advice to Management

- If someone wants to be something or create a position let them. Sometimes the best managers aren't necessarily the best salesman, but can still train, manage, and motivate better than top performers.

3. Hard work for quality resume building.

Current Employee - Former Marketer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Former Marketer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Co workers team atmosphere upward mobility Resume building

Cons

Numbers must be hit regardless if weather or holidays some times stubborn management

It's an enjoyable company to work for.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, team oriented environment, and with the potential for growth. The opportunities are endless for a person who is willing to give up their life to work.

Cons

The hours are awful, and the pay you are told you will receive is grossly over stated. Expect to never be able to make plans. If you are interested in living to work this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites.

Excellent way to start a Sales Career

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun culture. Good pay. Sales process and training is top notch.

Cons

Micromanagement at all levels. Overpriced products. Fake transparency. High turnover.

Advice to Management

Go out of your way to keep quality talent.

At Power, I am constantly challenged and coached to become the best version of myself, personally and professionally.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Power, more than any other career I have had been given the tools and the leadership to grow into the professional and person you could be. Earning potential: The earning potential is extremely aggressive and uncapped. There are several ways in which you can increase your income including; commissions, monthly/quarterly/yearly volume bonuses, management incentives. It is expected for someone in their first 12 months to bring in anywhere from $70,000-$95,000. In the second year and moving forward that window jumps to $90,000-$130,000 and climbing depending on your position. Mentorship: The amount of managers and continual mentoring make sure you have any help when you need it. You will have your Regional Vice President (RVP) who oversees the entire department and is hands on with the staff. From there there are several mentors who focus on a smaller sect of the office allowing for more in depth training and guidance to cut down the learning curve early in your career. Culture: This is where power truly separates itself in the industry. As opposed to a typic sales role, where it can be cut throat or a "me vs you" mentality that makes breeds distrust and animosity in the office, Power is different. It is truly a "me WITH you" mentality. Everyone pushing each other to better themselves to reach a common goal. Coming from an athletic background, it can be likened to a cohesive team. The people where you work will soon become some of your best friends.

Cons

The only thing that can be taken as a "con" with this position would be the work schedule. It is an on call position with a relatively predictable window. It can be difficult initially, however once you get a feel for the schedule, it can be liberating. The time free throughout the day can allow you to enjoy your down time.

Advice to Management

The only advise I would give to the management staff at power is to keep challenging us to be better and to lead from the front.

It's an incredible company to work for with an uplifting group of people.

Current Employee - Home Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Home Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is like nothing I have ever experienced. Everyone there is always happy and more than willing to give time and training at a moments notice. Not once have I had to beg for help with anything like in previous companies I've worked for. Everyone is a phone call away including management. One thing that really stands out to me is how your compensation is directly correlated to the work you put in. The harder you work, the more you make. I don't have a company telling me I'm only worth $10 or $15 per hour. I decide what I'm worth. Lastly, there are plenty of opportunities for growth within the company which was a huge factor in taking the job.

Cons

The only con that I could say there is is how unpredictable the hours are but in joining the company you accept that and get used to it quickly. Everything they do is done for a reason and sometimes it's hard to understand that. Hint: ask questions on why things are done the way they are and the reasoning makes complete sense.

Advice to Management

In my eyes, not all of the mentors or leaders are made for their role. Some are better set for training than for motivating. However, there are a few that perfectly fit their role and I wouldn't change them for the world.

9. Why i work at power

Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So there are so many reasons why working at power has been such a good experience. First off the earning potential is through the roof. Finally I found a company that you get rewarded for how hard you work and how much time you put in. The room for growth within the office is right in front of you. One doesn't have to be here for 5+ years to move up the ladder. Also the culture is second to none. To be at a company where anyone would happily miss there own opportunity to earn to help a fellow employee is absolutely unheard of, but at power its the norm. I cannot express enough how much this means as an employee, to have everyone willing to help you at any moment so you can get better at your job is amazing.

Cons

The hardest thing for me with working at power is initially finding the work-life balance. Its sometimes hard to stay disciplined and keep all your life in order while working. After some time you definitely get used to it once the job becomes more comfortable but it just takes some time.

Good Company, Great Entry-Level Experience, Minimal Up-Ward Mobility, and Significant Office Politic Drama

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. If you follow training, work diligently, and are not socially bankrupt you can make more money at this company than with nearly any other entry level job. The top 10-15% of marketers make upwards of 60k, typically in their first year out of school. Top sales people see 70k and up, often after a year of experience in marketing. Experience. This is a great company to determine if you fit in sales or marketing; they have hiring, firing, and refining down to a science. The in-home sales pitch, door-to-door marketing pitch, and especially the hiring "pitch" is scripted to the last jot and tittle. Following these scripts allows relatively talented people to have success, find confidence, and refine both their intra and inter personal skills. New employees are given all the tools they need to succeed in a high-energy, competitive, and encouraging environment. Mobility. Lateral movement is possible but difficult to attain. Top performers can move to sales within 4 months; others move into operations to take on lower pressure roles after several years of hard work and dedication in marketing & sales. Annual Trip. PHRG does it big every December; so big that many burnt-out employees avoid quitting for a few extra months just to go on the trip. In 2013 they took the employees to Cancun, rented out an entire resort for 3 days, and even flew Snoop Lion in to perform. Very cool stuff.

Cons

Long awkward hours, mandatory unpaid( no base, all commission) Saturdays, Holidays; over all very poor quality of life. Pressure to perform at high levels consistently to maintain job certainty and favor with management. Long hours and high pressure result in burn out. Find a way to handle it or leave. Taking paid time off is discouraged. Using PTO days consecutively is extremely discouraged. Pay structure can vary between offices, for management in particular. This obviously creates jealously and dissension in the ranks. Top level bonuses can change or be eliminated all together; again, for management. Gas reimbursements are minimal, and cell phones are required for daily work use but are not reimbursed. Middle/Upper Management constantly preaches about the ability to be the next VP in an effort to retain talented go-getters who are looking for more challenges and rewards. In reality, it is very easy to be a sales or marketing manager but upward mobility beyond that is near nonexistent. Regional Director and VP roles are seldom available and candidates are often groomed for several years; not as readily available as the regional VP's would like you to believe. Favoritism is blatantly evident influencing employees' shift schedules, quality of marketing venue, quality of core team, and ability to take paid time off.

Advice to Management

Be more of an influence in individuals' career direction and far more realistic about career potential.

Made some friends and learned how to manipulate people

Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Outbound Marketer in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All employees are between 21-27 years old making it a fun working environment.

Cons

A typical day starts at 9 or 10am and you wont be getting home till 9pm

RSS Feed </> Embed