Power Home Remodeling Group

Updated November 13, 2014
4.0

Power Home Remodeling Group CEO Corey Schiller
Corey Schiller

Pros
  • Company trip to Mexico with acts like SnoopDogg playing private shows (in 14 reviews)

• There is unlimited earning potential, and opportunity for growth in every single department (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 41 reviews)

• There isn't much I could say I would change about the company besides the long hours (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Retail Marketer in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Retail Marketer in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is supportive and is there to see you succeed. If you are coachable and driven you will make a lot of money!

Cons

Hard work pays off. If you are afraid of long days have fun working your 4 hour taco bell shifts

Keep it up!

My experience at Power has been amazing so far and it's only up from here.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The culture at power is amazing. My co-workers and I are like family, we will go to battle for each other every single day and we have fun doing it. I would not be in the manager position I am in today if it was not for the knowledge and mentoring that I have gathered from the guys around me. No man is better or above any other, we use this mentality to promote success and growth within ourselves because it gives us the ability to learn from every interaction. Each interaction is shared with the team each day and we see how we can improve on. I am never bored at work, which is fantastic, everyday is different from the last. They will teach you to take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way if it will benefit you in the future. This company can take you anywhere you want to go but you have to want to go and get it.

Cons

There are times that you may have to work in bad weather but that comes with the nature of the job. You meet a nice amount of no's and rude people on a daily basis but you have to be mentally tough and not let some that you will never see again effect your mind set. Performance based so it will have its ups and downs, however will always see your base. Most people don't understand that you are truly there to help them, which can be frustrating.

Keep doing what your doing and promoting from with in. Always and continue to surround Power with people who want to better themselves, because if you are not moving forward then you are moving backwards. We are only going one direction and it is defiantly not backwards.

Power!

Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Outbound Marketer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Fun work environment. Great group of individuals that genuinely care for one another. Highly rewarded for hard work!

Cons

Some days can be longer than others. Have to adapt to weather conditions. Have to be be consistent.

Management is great. Genuinely care about the employees and very supportive. Everyone wants each other to be successful, and we carry one another across the finish line.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. If you are willing to work hard and take advantage of the extensive paid training, you will be successful. I wasn’t aware that six-figure, true entry-level jobs existed before this. The culture here is unmatched, we have a strong team of about forty college educated, mid twenty’s males, some using this position successfully as the sole income for their new families. We all come from different educational backgrounds. No one studied home remodeling before this job, but keep in mind this is not an easy job to get. I have witnessed much growth within this company. I have been promoted to Marketing Manager and have had several opportunities to advance further.

Cons

This can be a humbling job, with its entry-level program, but if you perform well with the full training provided, career advancement is available and encouraged. In my ten months here I have seen several employees with the aptitude to be successful marketers and sales consultants, but lack the willingness to apply themselves to the challenging work this job requires.

Great company with unlimited income potential if you're good at the job

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Melville, NY

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

unlimited income potential, flexible schedule, bonuses and incentives, great upper management, plenty of training, no cold calling, great culture and laid back office. Company does very good work so it's easy to believe in what you're selling. If you consistently put in the time, focus and energy to be good at this job, you can make a lot of money. Annual all expenses paid (except for airfare) trip to Mexico at the end of the year for the entire company. Opportunities for advancement.

Cons

No base salary, commission only so job is frustrating with little pay if you don't sell. inconsistent schedule. You have to use your own car to drive to customers to do in home consultations and they don't reimburse for gas or mileage. This is frustrating because you have to have tons of sales materials in your car which kills your gas mileage.

Consider reimbursing for gas and mileage. Other than that, keep up the good work!

Great company but hired under the impression the job would be marketing, but instead is door to door sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment, people, and no cap on the money to be made. If your good at sales you can make $100K+

Cons

Door to door giving "free estimates" but those free estimates are a 2-5 hour sales pitch. Management is not honest with sales techniques.

Be more honest during the interviewing/hiring process

Excellent way to start a Sales Career

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun culture. Good pay. Sales process and training is top notch.

Cons

Micromanagement at all levels. Overpriced products. Fake transparency. High turnover.

Go out of your way to keep quality talent.

It's an enjoyable company to work for.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Waltham, MA

Pros

Fun, team oriented environment, and with the potential for growth. The opportunities are endless for a person who is willing to give up their life to work.

Cons

The hours are awful, and the pay you are told you will receive is grossly over stated. Expect to never be able to make plans. If you are interested in living to work this is the job for you.

Stop playing favorites.

Great company

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cranford, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cranford, NJ

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great money, most managers are great! Great culture!

Cons

Hours & driving can be a little crazy

Great Company

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

The culture of this company is great. Definitely a fun work atmosphere. The higher ups are always in the office and walking around like normal employees. They recognize your hard work and efforts.

Cons

There is not much room to move up or grow within the company in my department since it is so small. The hours are long.

Power Home Remodeling Group Photos