Power Home Remodeling Group

Updated September 13, 2014
4.1

Power Home Remodeling Group CEO Corey Schiller
Corey Schiller

Pros
  • There is unlimited earning potential, and opportunity for growth in every single department (in 24 reviews)

• Apparently there is a 4 day all-expense paid trip to Mexico every year (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 36 reviews)

• Working at Power requires hard work and sometimes that hard work comes in the form of long hours (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

I learned that skills i gained there that can be applied anywhere ...

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time

Pros

My coworkers were some of the best people i have ever had the pleasure working with and are still in contact with today.

Cons

hard to advance even if you double your quota over and over but grateful for that experience because i now know i can do that anywhere. If your good at the job and work hard doesn't mean you'll be appreciated

happy employees work harder and won't leave

Why i work at power

Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Home Remodling Consultant in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

So there are so many reasons why working at power has been such a good experience. First off the earning potential is through the roof. Finally I found a company that you get rewarded for how hard you work and how much time you put in. The room for growth within the office is right in front of you. One doesn't have to be here for 5+ years to move up the ladder. Also the culture is second to none. To be at a company where anyone would happily miss there own opportunity to earn to help a fellow employee is absolutely unheard of, but at power its the norm. I cannot express enough how much this means as an employee, to have everyone willing to help you at any moment so you can get better at your job is amazing.

Cons

The hardest thing for me with working at power is initially finding the work-life balance. Its sometimes hard to stay disciplined and keep all your life in order while working. After some time you definitely get used to it once the job becomes more comfortable but it just takes some time.

Great "MSG" (Money, Security, Growth)

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant  in  Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Awesome Culture
    -Family Atmosphere
    -Countless Opportunities
    -All Expense-paid Vacations
    -Approachable Core of Executives

Cons

-when you first begin, the schedule is a bit exhausting. But as you achieve your milestones, the schedule becomes the best thing about this job.

Get to know as many "regular employees" on a personal level as possible.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Large Family with Opportunity at Every Door

Current Employee - Inbound Call Center  in  Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Inbound Call Center in Chester, PA

Pros

I have been working at Power HRG for a little over a year now, and would like to take the time to finally put in a review based on my experience with the company. When I first came to Power, I was blown away by the amount of energy devoted to every employee at every level. There was always a new friendly face asking me if I needed help or advice at every turn. I eventually was promoted into the Scheduling Center and I could not be happier. The camaraderie, and team atmosphere is unmatched from any previous job I have ever experienced. The pay structure is fantastic, as it rewards a competitive spirit with generous bonuses. Management is very helpful, and the training is top notch. There is a company-wide paid for trip EVERY YEAR to Mexico around the holidays to keep the morale and excitement for the company sky high.

Cons

I'm having a hard time finding any real cons to working for this company. I would say the most inconvenient aspect is the shift time. 12-8 doesn't leave much in the way of getting things done after work, but even that is made up by the paid time off offered from the beginning. The department where I work can get a little loud with everyone speaking around the same time, but you can block it out without much effort. The fact that the cafeteria closes around the time where you would have a late lunch is a bit annoying as well, but these are all minor inconveniences.

The values of this company are really in the right place. I have never seen a company invest so much time and money into employees as I have seen from Power HRG. The CEO is very approachable, and I can honestly refer to him as a friend, which to me is unheard of for a $300 million dollar company. My immediate supervisors have been nothing but extremely helpful, caring, and genuinely want you to succeed. I truly believe that my life has been influenced in such a good way from this company to which I will always be grateful.

"Finally a real opportunity to move up within a company and form a career."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Power is more than a company, it's a family. The possibilities are endless and the vision of being nationwide is real. This is a company that not only expanded through difficult economic times but thrived. I came to Power with no sales experience and because of the training they provided, in a little over a year I have already began management training. It truly is a company where you earn your keep and you get in what you put in. Hard work is appreciated, noticed and most importantly rewarded.

Cons

Hard work is expected and required, for some people that can be a con.

Great company

Former Employee - Field Marketer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and very supportive coworkers and managers. Flexible schedules allowed for growth personally as well and professionally with the company.

Cons

Sometimes things could get a little bit confusing when it came to the reporting of numbers and sales and also number of appointments made, but for the most part it wasn't bad at all

Continue to inspire and motivate the people coming in the company as well as those already there. It goes a long way and has been.

Good company with great people, but an extremely difficult and unsatisfying job.

Current Employee - Field Marketer  in  Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Field Marketer in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

Opportunity to to add to your paycheck every single day. Great work environment in the office and wonderful people to work for and with. Excellent medical and dental benefits. Paid time off. Rapidly growing company.

Cons

Work-life balance is difficult. The hours are often longer than expected and can change on a daily basis. Saturdays are meant to be half days, but never are. Working outside 100% of the time in all weather takes a toll. The job is very mentally draining as well. Everyday is spent going door-to-door and consist of not only rejection, but also being treated poorly by homeowners and getting the cops called on you.

Great earning opportunity, but be willing to sacrifice your personal life

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time

Pros

The earning potential is exceptional and the the office environment is very positive; the company offers great incentives and takes you to Mexico each Christmas season for an all-inclusive trip. Upward mobility is encouraged if you're willing to relocate and put in the time. This is an excellent opportunity for recent college grads who have the fire to begin a career and sacrificing their personal life.

Cons

The sales tactic are pushy and inefficient, be willing to spend over three hours at each sales appointment; it's a one call-one close type sales atmosphere so if the customer calls back later and says they're interested in the project then you don't get any commission for that even though you did most of the sales work. You're on call for 14 hours/day for potential appointments and there is very little certainty on when they will come so be prepared to sit around for most of the day waiting for the text message that tells you where and when the appointment is. The mentality of the company is it's all a numbers game so they will send you almost anywhere to make a sale, which means that you will be sent to try to sell the high quality and high priced products to people who have no money or very little to afford the remodeling project. If you are married or have a significant other, or you just want to have a life outside of work then you do not want to work here because it is hard to plan anything outside of work and you work six days a week. I'm still in sales, but for another company and can say that my current job is much less stressful than working at Power although it did teach me a substantial amount that will benefit me in the future.

Things are different in the South compared to the north--people think differently down here and the cost of living is much less so you should adapt your business model to fit the difference in the South since you have an office in Atlanta; this includes your sales tactics along with your product costs. When you send your sales people to try to sell to people who make a small salary then you're wasting not only the customer's time, but the salesperson's time. And when the salesperson puts in all the work and does what you ask of him/her and make the sale then your financial department declines the customer because of their poor credit or finances then you should still compensate that employee for the effort because you still paid the marketer for setting the appointment and it being pitched. The fact that the person was financially declined is on the company for not properly pre-qualifying the homeowner and you should not take the hard-earned money away from the salesperson who did everything right.

A breeding-ground for success..

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Quarterly Promos, Very Attainable Bonuses. Been to Mexico Twice for free and there was no benchmark to hit, whole company got to go. The VP's throw atleast two open bars a year. Amazing family environment which fosters a healthy competitiveness. No lead generation or cold calling. No follow-up work necessary, there is an expert handling every step of the sales process, very refreshing not having to wear 20 different hats. 401(k). Full Health Insurance. Tremendous growth opportunity if you're looking to expand into a management role. Perfect fit for those looking for the right vehicle to drive them to success. Those looking for a pit-stop rather than a career should probably look elsewhere and avoid polluting a culture that is truly unparalleled to ANY organization in the World.

Cons

The job is what you make of it. Come ready to learn and you will succeed, come knowing everything and prepare to fall on your face. Nothing in life worth doing is going to be easy.

Management fosters a team first atmosphere. They are true mentors and leaders inside and outside of work. You actually WANT to be lead by these guys, considering that everyone is grown and groomed for management internally. Upward Mobility isn't a 4-letter word here, the Management have all done the job..some of them for years prior to being promoted.

I became a Power person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The organization's whole-hearted commitment to it's mission statement, training programs, opportunity for growth, and overall company culture are all exceptional. People here put their money where their mouth is and bring their A game on a daily basis. Management is fully invested in the development of leaders throughout the organization. Both personal and professional growth are encouraged and fostered on a daily basis. For those who thrive on being challenged this is professional nirvana.

Cons

Having an on-call sales schedule is not for everyone. Upward mobility is usually contingent on demonstrating a willingness to relocate.

Continue the communication and networking between satellite offices and headquarters. The holiday party and leadership conferences are extraordinary events.

Worked for Power Home Remodeling Group? Contribute to the Community!