Power Home Remodeling Group Reviews

Power Home Remodeling Group CEO Corey Schiller
Corey Schiller

1. Sales Representative

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

The company believes in its people and goes above and beyond any financial means to do so. The company's morals and ethics are truly world class.

Cons

Really no challenges to the job.

Keep doing what is working.

2. At Power, I have been given the guidance and support that has helped me grow on a personal and professional level.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the Connecticut office the people here are the strongest assets. The management is constantly pushing you to better yourself and do whatever they can to help you reach your goals. There is a true brotherhood mentality that is deeply rooted within the foundation of this office and the willingness of each employee to go above and beyond what is required is truly something unique. People that work here come from all different walks of life, but what they have in common is the desire to change an industry for the better by helping one family at a time. I come from a background in finance and in previous jobs the environments were very different than Power's. At Power you have the ability to grow within the company and be recognized from day one. You are provided with all the support and tools you will need to be successful. From the initial learning program, ongoing training sessions and annual leadership conferences it is clear they are all designed to help you grow as a leader, because Power wants to grow organically. This is a true investment in the people of this company and it shows. The people here are some of the hardest working I know and with this opportunity hard work pays off and you are rewarded for it. The company rewards hard work through new promotions and incentives each month with many different prizes. They even give you the opportunity to take a trip at the end of each year to show their appreciation and this continues to demonstrate their investment in their employees.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the demanding schedule that requires you to work at odd times during the week. However, as you progress within the company you will have the ability to form a schedule that works best for you and your family.

Always remember the employees are the lifeblood of an organization and continual appreciation is one of the most important ways to keep a happy, healthy and ever growing company.

3. My second family

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential and a culture that is among the best I have ever worked with. The culture is very similar to Best Buy in the late 90s to mid 2000s. Definitely a perfect example of the American Dream, work hard, and be rewarded for it.

Cons

Need to be a mentally strong person in marketing and sales. Being told no can be a hard pill to swallow, but you need to forget about it before your next appointment or set.

Keep doing what we are doing

life changing.

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Like anyone seeing this company on paper and coming in for an interview I was definitely skeptical not sure i could really believe what they had to offer. I started at this company when I was 22 years old fresh out of college, and I could already see the room for growth the minute I walked in the door on my first day. I worked in the marketing department for 2 years where i made over 50 thousand dollars fresh out of college my first year, where I was then promoted to management where I made 65 thousand dollars the next year. I did all this working in the greatest environment you could imagine where you come to work everyday with your friends. I was promoted to remodeling consultant (sales) after my second year and have been there for around 4 months and the room for growth and potential has never been more evident and have been compensated heavily for it where I am already on pace to make over 100 thousand dollars this year at 24 years old. This company is not only life changing but also the best decision Ive ever made for my career and my life.

Cons

hours are a little crazier than usual but anyone looking for a solid path to success won't let that get in the way

a good start - marketing is terrible though they treat you like garbage

Current Employee - Marketing in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

fun culture, great people, decent pay if you are god

Cons

Long hours inaccurate to job description, job can be miserable

the motivational speeches make you want to kill yourself after a while

7. A company built on and for it's people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Earning potential
    -Growth! A new office opens every year (Detroit... Houston...) so the ability to relocate and start an office is there. You just need to earn it. They will not send you there if you don't earn it.
    -Full Benefits including health insurance, life insurance, and 401k
    -Company open bars, nights out, morning meetings with catered breakfast
    -Working with friends
    -Promos run every month (iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, gift cards, trips to Italy and Spain..just to name a few)
    -Helping homeowners save on their energy bills and genuinely caring about them
    -RVPs that are always there for you
    -Leadership Conferences in Philly, Washington, Chicago
    -All Inclusive trip to Mexico paid for by the company every December- an entire resort that is re-branded for Power, you can bring a guest, pool parties all day, clubs at night, rented out venues with special guest artists (last year was Snoop Dogg), partying with executives... makes you feel important and cared for

Cons

-Difficult Hours
    -Marketing - Door to Door in inclement weather... but they prepare you for this with training, preparation camps, and head to toe Power Gear so that you are protected from the elements.
    -Sales- long hours in the home, sometimes until very late at night. This can be strenuous on family life and personal life so prepare your loved ones ahead of time. Make sure you are always in training or shadowing appointments so that you can get better at your craft and make $100k in a year
    -You have to really work hard to make your name established in the company and if you don't it gets very difficult to do this job.
    -You won't see much of the Executives in your office unless you work at HQ. Because of this, they won't know who you are until you make a name for yourself and drive your own success within the company.
    -YOU build your own brand here, its not handed to you. If you are lazy or not willing to put in the hard work then don't even come in the door. Your value within the company has to be earned, you will start where everyone else before you started... on the bottom. But if you are good at what you do and you love what you do, you will move up quickly.

Looking forward to a successful 2015...

See you in Mexico next week!

8. Great place to work

Current Employee - Field Marketer in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Field Marketer in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great environment, management sincerely wants you to succeed, great incentives and opportunity within pay structure (very very extensive bonus system) , some upward growth available to the people that want to move up and achieve enough to do so. Tons and Tons of perks and promotions within the job from both local management and from the company as a whole.

Cons

the path to advancement is unclear and completely different for each individual . the day to day life at power is 100% not for everyone (long hours, rejection, sales environment, fluxuation in hours is possible)

Good Opportunity to Learn, Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Work with good people
    - Good experience for future jobs
    - Good opportunity for advancement
    - Promote from Within

Cons

- Long hours
    - Some unprofessional employees
    - Lots of door to door - high pressure sales techniques
    - Not for everyone - high turn-over rate
    - Some shady techniques to get employees/customers

A Life Changing Experience

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked for the company for approximately 1 1/2 years and can truly say this is one of the best companies to work for. So far this is one of the best places I have ever worked.
    What I like about working for Power is that you truly reap what you sow; this is a performance based company and at the end of the day you determine what you earn.
    Nevertheless, what you must understand is that working there is more that just working hard, it's learning to believe and trust in the system that Power has established.
    But most importantly is learning to trust in your leaders, who understand every bit of the struggles, trials, and tribulations you encounter, because they themselves have experienced it firsthand.
    The environment is FUN, EXCITING, & constantly growing in a positive direction. It's more than a job, its an opportunity to discover yourself as a individual; its being part of a brotherhood, but most importantly its a career. Which includes excellent pay, countless opportunities and numerous benefits.
    Working for Power is different, it almost seems like working for the company is like never working a day in your life from the training to the actual job.

Cons

There isn't much I could say I would change about the company besides the long hours. Power is not a 9:00am to 5:00pm job. The hours were clearly explained during the interview process. Working such long hours in itself is one of the many lessons you learn at Power Home Remodeling Group, and every great accomplishment requires some extra effort and going the extra mile.
    But, besides that, the company is definitely headed in the right direction.

Keep making sure that the work environment remains productive and exciting.

Growth and Change

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Power is and will always be a life changer. It is a true career. You wake up in the morning with passion and hunger to go to work. Most places you feel like you are just delaying at the office until you get to leave. At Power I found a place that I love to stay late. I enjoy the work environment, the culture of the friends I get to be with everyday, and the thrill of knowing that everyday will bring a new fulfilling challenge.

The company wont stop growing and changing and if you love a challenge then this is the only place to work. Power changed my life not only with providing for my family, but also giving me a place where I love to be. When you wake up every single morning and are able to say I am excited for work today, life becomes easy and that is what Power has given me.

Cons

You have to love competition and challenges. Saying you want success isn't enough. You need to show it and if you do the reward is there.

In being here two years all I can say is continue your drive. The dedication I have seen while being here is unlike anywhere else and that is what makes Power so successful.

Power Home Remodeling Group Photos