Power Home Remodeling Group

Updated July 11, 2014
4.0

Power Home Remodeling Group CEO Corey Schiller
Corey Schiller

Pros
  • There is unlimited earning potential, and opportunity for growth in every single department (in 27 reviews)

• Company trip to Mexico with acts like SnoopDogg playing private shows (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 40 reviews)

• Working at Power requires hard work and sometimes that hard work comes in the form of long hours (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Field Marketer in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment, management sincerely wants you to succeed, great incentives and opportunity within pay structure (very very extensive bonus system) , some upward growth available to the people that want to move up and achieve enough to do so. Tons and Tons of perks and promotions within the job from both local management and from the company as a whole.

Cons

the path to advancement is unclear and completely different for each individual . the day to day life at power is 100% not for everyone (long hours, rejection, sales environment, fluxuation in hours is possible)

A monumental company in the home remodeling industry and the best place on the PLANET to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Pros

The people, the people, the people... there is NOTHING better then waking up and coming into an office that genuinely loves what they are doing. Positive motivation is the norm in the office. Success is expected and earned. Open bars every other month and a trip to MEXICO with a private show by Snoop Dogg doesn't hurt either...

Cons

There are no cons only challenges... if you are not ready to work hard, to be money-motivated, to NEED be successful, then this isn't the place for you. Nothing is asked of you that you can't accomplish here.

Keep doing what you're doing because you're doing something very very right.

Good Opportunity to Learn, Not for Everyone

Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Work with good people
    - Good experience for future jobs
    - Good opportunity for advancement
    - Promote from Within

Cons

- Long hours
    - Some unprofessional employees
    - Lots of door to door - high pressure sales techniques
    - Not for everyone - high turn-over rate
    - Some shady techniques to get employees/customers

A Life Changing Experience

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Stratford, CT

Pros

I have worked for the company for approximately 1 1/2 years and can truly say this is one of the best companies to work for. So far this is one of the best places I have ever worked.
    What I like about working for Power is that you truly reap what you sow; this is a performance based company and at the end of the day you determine what you earn.
    Nevertheless, what you must understand is that working there is more that just working hard, it's learning to believe and trust in the system that Power has established.
    But most importantly is learning to trust in your leaders, who understand every bit of the struggles, trials, and tribulations you encounter, because they themselves have experienced it firsthand.
    The environment is FUN, EXCITING, & constantly growing in a positive direction. It's more than a job, its an opportunity to discover yourself as a individual; its being part of a brotherhood, but most importantly its a career. Which includes excellent pay, countless opportunities and numerous benefits.
    Working for Power is different, it almost seems like working for the company is like never working a day in your life from the training to the actual job.

Cons

There isn't much I could say I would change about the company besides the long hours. Power is not a 9:00am to 5:00pm job. The hours were clearly explained during the interview process. Working such long hours in itself is one of the many lessons you learn at Power Home Remodeling Group, and every great accomplishment requires some extra effort and going the extra mile.
    But, besides that, the company is definitely headed in the right direction.

Keep making sure that the work environment remains productive and exciting.

Growth and Change

Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President in Stratford, CT

Pros

Power is and will always be a life changer. It is a true career. You wake up in the morning with passion and hunger to go to work. Most places you feel like you are just delaying at the office until you get to leave. At Power I found a place that I love to stay late. I enjoy the work environment, the culture of the friends I get to be with everyday, and the thrill of knowing that everyday will bring a new fulfilling challenge.

The company wont stop growing and changing and if you love a challenge then this is the only place to work. Power changed my life not only with providing for my family, but also giving me a place where I love to be. When you wake up every single morning and are able to say I am excited for work today, life becomes easy and that is what Power has given me.

Cons

You have to love competition and challenges. Saying you want success isn't enough. You need to show it and if you do the reward is there.

In being here two years all I can say is continue your drive. The dedication I have seen while being here is unlike anywhere else and that is what makes Power so successful.

Life with Power

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT

Pros

A group of genuine people that care about each other and provide you with an incredible opportunity for advancement. There is a good balance in the work environment. It is exciting and relaxed at times, but also demanding and challenging. You decide your future within the company by the amount work you put in. The growth has been enormous so far and it's exciting to see how far it will go.

Cons

can expect some long hours once in a while

Continue to show appreciation to all employees

Remodeling Consultant

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

Pros

Power Home Remodeling has given be an amazing opportunity and I am greatful for it each and every day. Power gives it employees a unimaginable about of support to ensure sucess. The company allows for an uncapped amout of growth with in the business with an unlimited about of earning potential. I cannot see myself working at another organization. Power gives its employees a reason to go to work, each person knows they are helping homeowners each and every day.

Cons

Currently no cons to the job

Keep doing what your doing, Power is doing some great things.

Door to Door marketing

Former Employee - Marketer in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Marketer in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good bonus structure and unlimited earning potential. The people you work with are young which creates a great environment to work in.

Cons

Can you walk door to door for a living?

For the right employee this job is a great opportunity.

Great working enviornment

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Your co workers are very motivating and helpful. Managers are always a phone call away if you have any problems or concerns.

Cons

Going door to door is always a difficult job. Approaching customers in retail locations and asking them to schedule an estimate for a roof when they are there to buy a loaf of bread is going to be tough.

The bulk of our bonuses come from when customers actually go through with the estimate. We should be paid per appointment.

Rewardingly Challenging

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

The comradery in the office and amongst peers is exceptional! Everyone is excited about the organic growth this company has and its sustainable plans to become the largest home remodeling country and become present in every state.

Cons

All weather conditions are not always favorable to certain individuals. Sometimes the hours are a bit long but starting one's day at 11 pm evens out getting back to the office at 8 or later.

We need a better mapping system for field marketing. All the demographics and primary research data we collect needs a better recording system to make offices and managers more efficient.

Power Home Remodeling Group Photos