Power Home Remodeling Group Reviews

Reset
4.8
Power Home Remodeling Group Co-CEOs Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael
Corey Schiller & Asher Raphael

Pros
  • First off the earning potential is through the roof (in 28 reviews)

• Company trip to Mexico with acts like SnoopDogg playing private shows (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They call it marketing but really its just door to door ( that's not marketing btw) (in 42 reviews)

• Work long hours at times but well worth it (in 43 reviews)

1. Just won a paid trip to Mexico for doing my job.

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Great income opportunity. Paid company vacations, ability to win vacations by working

Cons

Can be difficult adjusted to schedule at first.

Advice to Management

Keep finiding innovative ways to keep growing.

2. Power is a life changing opportunity where you will grow on a personal and professional level. You become a better YOU.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with your best friends and creating life long relationships turns work into a fun and competitive environment. There is always someone there to help you or help challenge you to push you to the next level in what you are trying to accomplish. Talk about having support and then some. There is endless opportunity to grow within the company as Power likes to only promote from within. This is a career opportunity, not just a job. The harder you work and the more effort you put in the more money you can make!

Cons

The job is challenging and requires a strong mental toughness to go through the daily grind, but the potential reward/pay far outweighs the daily obstacles. You work long hours and get home later than most but I can also say I make more money than most people who work a typical 9-5 desk job.

Advice to Management

No advice for upper management, they already do an amazing job with how they treat and care for all of their employees and customers. One thing that would be good would be to get some more face time with management. Try to make it out to different offices throughout the year.

3. Great place to work if you have a belief in yourself and your abilities to succeed.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

Pros

Great income potential, get back what you put in. Huge upside for personal/professional growth

Cons

The schedule can be challenging at the beginning

Advice to Management

Continue asking employees what they want

5. Looking for a Career, found one plus a family

Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Stratford, CT

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great earning potential(anyone can make $70k to well over $100k as long as you work hard) , great training, great leadership, amazing support system(you can call anyone at anytime for help), really good monthly and quarterly incentives, growing so there are tons of opportunities for those willing to step up, and lastly amazing culture. I moved from Florida to CT and everyone from the RVP to my mentor/manager to my peers all took me in as a friend and eventually family. Its not a cut throat sales environment, everyone wants to truly see you succeed. Regrettably I had to move back down to Florida for personal reasons but I learned tons and made life long friendships. Had I stayed I would definitely be looking forward to growing with Power. Oh did I mention yearly all inclusive company trips to Mexico with a guest with performers like Snoop Dogg, Sublime with Rome and LL Cool J.

Cons

The schedule can be a bit hectic when you first start but you get used to it. Just be flexible, the money makes it all worth it and over time you earn different perks which also make the schedule easier. No other cons besides that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I always felt like the employee was just as if not more important than the customer and that feels great to have a company stand behind you.

6. Sales Representative

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

The company believes in its people and goes above and beyond any financial means to do so. The company's morals and ethics are truly world class.

Cons

Really no challenges to the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what is working.

7. At Power, I have been given the guidance and support that has helped me grow on a personal and professional level.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Stratford, CT

Pros

At the Connecticut office the people here are the strongest assets. The management is constantly pushing you to better yourself and do whatever they can to help you reach your goals. There is a true brotherhood mentality that is deeply rooted within the foundation of this office and the willingness of each employee to go above and beyond what is required is truly something unique. People that work here come from all different walks of life, but what they have in common is the desire to change an industry for the better by helping one family at a time. I come from a background in finance and in previous jobs the environments were very different than Power's. At Power you have the ability to grow within the company and be recognized from day one. You are provided with all the support and tools you will need to be successful. From the initial learning program, ongoing training sessions and annual leadership conferences it is clear they are all designed to help you grow as a leader, because Power wants to grow organically. This is a true investment in the people of this company and it shows. The people here are some of the hardest working I know and with this opportunity hard work pays off and you are rewarded for it. The company rewards hard work through new promotions and incentives each month with many different prizes. They even give you the opportunity to take a trip at the end of each year to show their appreciation and this continues to demonstrate their investment in their employees.

Cons

The biggest challenge is the demanding schedule that requires you to work at odd times during the week. However, as you progress within the company you will have the ability to form a schedule that works best for you and your family.

Advice to Management

Always remember the employees are the lifeblood of an organization and continual appreciation is one of the most important ways to keep a happy, healthy and ever growing company.

8. My second family

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited earning potential and a culture that is among the best I have ever worked with. The culture is very similar to Best Buy in the late 90s to mid 2000s. Definitely a perfect example of the American Dream, work hard, and be rewarded for it.

Cons

Need to be a mentally strong person in marketing and sales. Being told no can be a hard pill to swallow, but you need to forget about it before your next appointment or set.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing

life changing.

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Like anyone seeing this company on paper and coming in for an interview I was definitely skeptical not sure i could really believe what they had to offer. I started at this company when I was 22 years old fresh out of college, and I could already see the room for growth the minute I walked in the door on my first day. I worked in the marketing department for 2 years where i made over 50 thousand dollars fresh out of college my first year, where I was then promoted to management where I made 65 thousand dollars the next year. I did all this working in the greatest environment you could imagine where you come to work everyday with your friends. I was promoted to remodeling consultant (sales) after my second year and have been there for around 4 months and the room for growth and potential has never been more evident and have been compensated heavily for it where I am already on pace to make over 100 thousand dollars this year at 24 years old. This company is not only life changing but also the best decision Ive ever made for my career and my life.

Cons

hours are a little crazier than usual but anyone looking for a solid path to success won't let that get in the way

a good start - marketing is terrible though they treat you like garbage

Current Employee - Marketing in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

fun culture, great people, decent pay if you are god

Cons

Long hours inaccurate to job description, job can be miserable

Advice to Management

the motivational speeches make you want to kill yourself after a while

11. A company built on and for it's people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Earning potential -Growth! A new office opens every year (Detroit... Houston...) so the ability to relocate and start an office is there. You just need to earn it. They will not send you there if you don't earn it. -Full Benefits including health insurance, life insurance, and 401k -Company open bars, nights out, morning meetings with catered breakfast -Working with friends -Promos run every month (iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, gift cards, trips to Italy and Spain..just to name a few) -Helping homeowners save on their energy bills and genuinely caring about them -RVPs that are always there for you -Leadership Conferences in Philly, Washington, Chicago -All Inclusive trip to Mexico paid for by the company every December- an entire resort that is re-branded for Power, you can bring a guest, pool parties all day, clubs at night, rented out venues with special guest artists (last year was Snoop Dogg), partying with executives... makes you feel important and cared for

Cons

-Difficult Hours -Marketing - Door to Door in inclement weather... but they prepare you for this with training, preparation camps, and head to toe Power Gear so that you are protected from the elements. -Sales- long hours in the home, sometimes until very late at night. This can be strenuous on family life and personal life so prepare your loved ones ahead of time. Make sure you are always in training or shadowing appointments so that you can get better at your craft and make $100k in a year -You have to really work hard to make your name established in the company and if you don't it gets very difficult to do this job. -You won't see much of the Executives in your office unless you work at HQ. Because of this, they won't know who you are until you make a name for yourself and drive your own success within the company. -YOU build your own brand here, its not handed to you. If you are lazy or not willing to put in the hard work then don't even come in the door. Your value within the company has to be earned, you will start where everyone else before you started... on the bottom. But if you are good at what you do and you love what you do, you will move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to a successful 2015... See you in Mexico next week!

RSS Feed </> Embed