Power Home Technologies Reviews

Ben Brookhart

1. Great Company to Build a Career On

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have total freedom to make your living however you want, and however fits your lifestyles demands. It is commission, which most people are afraid of, but with a salary job, and many of them are under 60K a year, only pays you that amount, no matter how hard you work. At PHT you can make as much income as you choose to make by your work ethic and habits. There are NUMEROUS ways to generate business, and long lasting profitable referral relationships that can set you up for life. These systems save people's lives and this is a great company to work for. The people who are complaining on this site are too lazy to go out and work. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Most people struggle with time mgmt and self motivation. But if you are organized, motivated and honest, you will help tons of people and provide for your family at the same time, with truly a 6 figure income. PHT pays the best in the business.

Cons

You don't have a boss looking over your shoulder telling you what to do.
    it's not east at first. You have to practice and prepare diligently in the beginning. Work smart, and have a plan each day. Once you master the basics, you are prepared for success. There are MANY way to generate business. And

Continue to focus on long-term referral based marketing strategies. Teach employees how to network and build relationships with important contacts in other industries. This creates lasting, steady income.

2. my experience was a joke

Current Employee - Customer Sales Representative in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Sales Representative in High Point, NC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great to add to your resume as experience.

Cons

i worked for a few days with the company, everyone was nice but i couldnt work unless my "boss" worked. i think if i were hired by someone else, my experience wouldve lasted longer. he never answered or returned my calls, was very unprofessional

3. Lies, scams and harassment.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Power Home Technologies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They hire anyone off the street.

Cons

High pressure sales, the "Pyrimid" style pay grade. Waste of fuel, time and money, being lied to constantly, incompetent management, and the occasional .38 revolver shoved in your face your 1st day on the job.

Know your crap.. Don't give us a pitch line to spit out as were on someone's doorstep. Pay what you promise. I was promised a $400 sale with a $150 first sale bonus and a $100 employment bonus. My first and last check was $172. Lastly, DO NOT harass former employees and their familys with your sales calls every other day. One more, and your salary will be going right into my pocket.

Incompetent Management that can't sell; they just babble about their products

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I didn't waist a lot of time there.

Cons

Once I figured that I would be their work horse with no company investment in their salesmen (i.e. gas money, tapering management support, they have no clue what a sales cycle is) I got the hell out of there!
    Their training is poorly executed and disorganized. I felt like I was at the zoo with all the special-ed animals trying to show me tricks.

I would suggest you put your money where your mouth is. Get out of your comfy air-conditioned offices and physically knock doors yourself to show salesmen that your "tactics" work and are successful.

It isn't for most people but they hire everyone.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Initial training is helpful. Sales managers are available and work in the field. Resources are available. Ability to set and maintain your own schedule with nobody micro managing.

Cons

Pay is not what they promise. Commission only position. Major turn over. Pressure goes up as support goes down. They offer a job to everyone who shows up at a group interview. Then, they train three days claiming this is the best group they ever hired. Two weeks later, they are on to the next best group ever. In my group, I was the only one to last a month. The next two groups had nobody after three weeks. All cold call, high pressure sales. In my area only one sales person was making a sustained decent living.

Don't hire everyone hoping some will stick. Hire good people. Treat them with respect. Invest in them.

Formerly worked with them

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Power Home Technologies as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility -- pay would be good IF they actually paid you.

Cons

Straight commission, lies from management, government investigating them!!! Door to door sales, driving around spending your gas money to maybe make sales and maybe go home empty handed. Hateful trainer who argues with homeowners!!! Just horrible people to work with. Horrible system, not paying what you promised is so wrong! They take advantage of people and their "employees". I'm not sure how you could call yourself an employee with this company. It is not a real job. You are an independent contractor---not an employee. That way they can have you work and not pay you until you make a sale. Who wants to talk to a door to door salesman anyway???

Clean house! Get rid of the lazy hateful people who lie, steal and cheat. Pay people for doing work. Set up legitimate training. Teach people the right way not the lie to get the money way. Who wants to ruin their reputation with everyone they know by lying to everyone and tricking them into paying more than they are told???NOT me!

Promise a lot, give nothing.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Power Home Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule with a lot of flexibility and the commission is very good but its rare you earn any commission.

Cons

All cold sales done by door knocking strangers who slam the door in your face. Difficult to get any kind of answers or communication with management.

communicate

9. An excellent work environment with plenty of growth and opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PHT is a pretty energetic company that promotes a lot of fun, rewards, and recognition. Everyone is really friendly, there's a lot of room for growth and there's always something going on such as company parties or trips. They also pay very well, not to mention, in the office I work in - they have a full-size arcade, music playing throughout the building, and there are awards being given out regularly. It's a pretty cool company to work for.

Cons

It's a very motivated company and they expect that same level of motivation from all employees. This isn't bad, but it certainly can be for people who aren't use to giving everything they've got.

I think in some areas, things could be streamlined a bit better.

Extremely disorganized....

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Power Home Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Highest payout in the industry for door-to-door alarm sales

Cons

The fact that it's door-to-door alarm sales.... Terrible leadership, the whole company is run by friends of friends, no one really worked hard to get to a 6-figure income, but they expect you to drive around all day AND NIGHT ("the most amount of business is done after 7PM" said one exec a dozen or so times) knocking doors for sales that don't come as easy as you would hope

GET ORGANIZED! Your "training" is a joke and not two managers in the company train their door-knocking sales team the same. There is only ONE good manager in the company, and he isn't being compensated for the amount of work or effort he puts in - I'm sure they know who that is.

11. It is an awesome place to work

Current Employee - IBO in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IBO in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Power Home Technologies

Pros

You can earn what you deserve. No one can tell you that you are only worth a certain wage. The commissions are awesome.

Cons

If you don't sell you don't earn a pay check. If you desire to make a decent income you will have o self generate sales.

I think the management at Power Home Technologies are doing an amazing job. It is one of the fastest going companies in the country so I think maybe they are doing something right.

Power Home Technologies Photos

Mooresville Office Arcade
Why not wear costumes to work?

+ Add Photo