Power Packaging

1 Rating

Relatively professional workplace

Former Employee - Blender in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - Blender in Batavia, IL

I worked at Power Packaging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is relatively friendly and they make a concerted effort to receive employee feedback and provide recognition, in fact they excel in that department. Clean professional work environment and management selected for ability. There are a lot of nice people working here and they'll push you to do your best. I consider it unfortunate that I encountered the circumstances I did and still consider this a relatively decent company.

Cons

Safety regulations were shoddy when I worked there, they have very low ceilings on their equipment and I received a concussion at one point, actually was fired because they were worried I'd sue them over it and were scared of liability (I'm not that kind of person).

As with many companies of this nature there are a number of illegal immigrants at the plant and you'll have trouble communicating if you don't speak Spanish. Management tends to look the other way on this issue as with many such factories.

Need to improve safety regulations and be less hasty to assume about others' intentions.

Well organize the shop

I have been working at Power Packaging full-time

Pros

The place is clean

Cons

3 years with out any race.

Great experience would have been much better if management followed through on commitment to employees.

Former Employee - Materials in Batavia, IL
    Former Employee - Materials in Batavia, IL

I worked at Power Packaging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people to work with in general with challenging, fulfilling work that contributes to GDP.

Cons

Long hours, lower than market value pay scales, and mid-level management intimidation of subordinates.

Oversee mid-level management leading styles and be more proactive mentoring them to treat associates appropriately and professionally. If that fails, cut them loose and end corporate welfare.