Power Plant Services Reviews

CEO

1. Outstanding Opportunity for Professional & Personal Growth

Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Power Plant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Firstly, I would like to state that no organization is without its challenges. With that being said, I can provide that my experience with Power Plant Services has been an extremely positive one. Since, I started with the company 1 ½ years ago, I have experienced excellent professional and personal growth. Ultimately, the management team will support ideas that deliver value to the business and its customers. To this end, many of my ideas have been wholeheartedly supported by upper management. Through my personal initiative, I have been able to significantly affect the bottom line and this has been recognized by the company through salary increases and increased responsibility commensurate with my contributions. Many employees lose the point that no company will give you anything, unless you take the ball and score! That is the way the game is played at all organizations; showing up is simply not enough. Overall, this is a great place to work if you want to work hard and learn in order to take your career to the next level.

Cons

At times strategy seems unfocused, resulting in inconsistent outcomes.

Advice to Management

Develop a strong vision and strategy and work like crazy on execution.

Highly recommend you DON'T waste your time working for this sweatshop!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Power Plant Services full-time

Pros

There are a few really great people with a great ethical compass. The office is very nice and bathrooms are always clean.

Cons

The turnover rate is unreal. If you’re a female looking to have a family or add to your family don't work here. You will be expected to work while you are in the hospital and from home during recovery and will not be given maternity leave (You will be required to use your vacation time and then not get paid till you are able to work). If you decide to take a maternity leave you will not be welcomed back. If you need to have any type of surgery or take a medical leave, even with notice you will not have a job. (So don't get pregnant or have any major unforeseen medical issues). Employees are greatly undervalued. The company makes promises and expects you to uphold your end while they do not follow through and leave you hanging out to dry. Management is very threatening almost abusive. This company has a very hostile work environment. The higher ups in this company are very greedy and do not recognize a job well done. Their question is what more can you do for me while I continue to run you into the ground.

Advice to Management

Uphold your end. If you promise commission, give it. If you promise a bonus, give it. If you want your employees to be dedicated to the company then then company should be dedicated to the employees.

3. Highly recommend this organization

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Melrose Park, IL

Pros

It's a wonderful learning environment, a beautiful group of professionals.

Cons

Long hours, inconsistencies in processes.

This is a fake company

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Power Plant Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were some very nice people in the office, and they were flexible with my hours.

Cons

The most dysfunctional place I have ever worked at. There is no clear leadership structure; I found myself answering to multiple different people without knowing who exactly my boss was, including directly to the CEO, whose constant micromanaging contributed to a hostile work environment. All departments are on different pages, and there is no communication to try to fix it. There is very little accountability; when anything goes wrong, everybody immediately scrambles to pass the buck. Despite being told I would be, I didn't get trained on anything at all, and was thrown into my job and expected to perform at a high level. My inexperience combined with their unrealistic expectations led to a very stressful workday. Also, my position was supposed to be based on commission, and when I asked to see the commission structure, it could not be produced. I was never once paid any sort of commission because they were still "working on the new structure". I actually started making LESS money there, since their insurance plans went up and they passed them along to us without notice. Don't work there.

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees as disposable objects and invest some time into training people so they can do the job better for longer. Have a clear plan and communicate that plan to everyone. Make sure everyone has all the tools they need to succeed.

6. IT Help Desk

Current Employee - IT Support in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - IT Support in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Power Plant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the benefits of PPS are Flexible Scheduling, Good Insurance and Easy Commute. Enjoyed working with cool people and did many things while on job.

Cons

Lack of promotion, IT management not very good, Hardly any bonus'. Lack of organization within HR, hard to report anything.

Advice to Management

Give promotion to employees who work hard and compensate with bonuses for those that deserve it. It gives employees a boost in motivation.

7. Good is NEVER good enough for the owner

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Power Plant Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a few good people working there, or at least there was!

Cons

The owner used to care about his company and the people that worked there but now it's all about money in his pocket.

Advice to Management

Stand up to the owner for the people that really do all the work that makes the company money and who really care about their jobs.

8. If you are looking for a great opportunity, great work environment, and a place to grow... DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

I worked at Power Plant Services full-time

Pros

The few great people I had the pleasure of working with.

Cons

There isn't truly a management team put in place. One day your procedure is one thing and a few hours later it has changed to something new. You are then left not knowing what to do or how to deal with what has just occured. The work environment is very stressful!! I would compare it to an emotional rollercoaster. Lastly, you work very long hours and to you are never appreciated. Good luck if you decide to work here!

9. Revolving door

I worked at Power Plant Services full-time

Pros

You get to meet nice people unfortunately they move on to other jobs.

Cons

Hostile & Stressful environment; Micromanaging the micromanagment; Redundancy is King. Mgmt insist no life outside of work.

10. Satisfied

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Power Plant Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You do not loose your job because its Power generation industry manufacturing firm. job security. CEO of the company is very good and understanding. He is one of the humble persons that I have seen.

Cons

not satisfied with the salary and managers. They treat you as a cheap labor. They think you do not have other options to join with. They are professionals with no good work ethics. Some times they are rude in conversation. I think they should have some employe recognition schemes at all levels.I think all the departments are not synchronized and they should communicate well in all aspects.

Advice to Management

Give more salary

RSS Feed </> Embed