Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc.

www.powerprotech.com
  www.powerprotech.com

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
4.9

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. President and Founder Robert J. Byrne
Robert J. Byrne

A great company to be a part of

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Power Pro Tech for over 6 years. This is more than just an employer as you are more of a family member than an employee. PPT is very understanding when it comes to needing time for family as I discovered early on being a single father of one 6 year old boy. I began in this company as a Field Service Technician in 2008, spent five years in the field where I was provided every available tool necessary to complete any and all service requests and repairs for our customers, including but not limited to a company vehicle, state of the art tools and expert technical support when needed. There are opportunities offered for continuing education and training paid for by the company, along with opportunities for growth within the company. Overall a fantastic company to grow with!

Cons

In the 6+ years I have spent with Power Pro Tech Sevices, I can think of very little if any cons... unless you don't like overtime as a Field Service Technician.

My review

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Pensacola Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Pensacola Beach, FL

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love this company. I have been here two years and thus far have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am the type of person who constantly tries to improve and learn. This company has provided a great avenue for that. From hands-on training to endless equipment literature, PPT covers everything. As mentioned in other reviews, the ability to make a very flexible schedule is the case 90% of the time. This can be very important when a technician is getting burned out or has some unexpected bills to pay. An employee should know what needs to be done and management allows for that freedom. If needed, they can be easily reached to advise. If you enjoy your work and don't mind going the extra mile when needed, I would recommend you try PPT.

Cons

As the company grows, there are certain growing pains to be expected. However these are usually dealt with pretty fast and successfully. No company sponsored events. No late model Mercedes sign on bonus.

Keep steering the ship in this direction.

Great company with room to grow

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech for a little while now and have had a great experience so far. Everyone that I have been in touch with has been approachable and as helpful as can be with any issues I may have. The company is extremely flexible with everything. The work is different everyday with new situations, which I enjoy it keeps the work from being boring. I look forward to growing with the company and helping to build business partnerships in the Houston Region and beyond.

Cons

Specifically its mainly a parts and warehouse issue. It is being worked on and improving everyday. With the implantation of our new operation systems I look forward to it being more streamline. I would also like to see more company shirts and hats. I have Power Pro-Tech t-shirts but i would like to get some polo shirts or button ups.

Continue to listen to everyone involved in the company and make the improvements in the areas in need of them. I honestly feel extremely lucky to have found this company and that I was able to hire in .

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Field Engineer

Pros

Company is good at taking care of it's employees. Very broad customer base allows the opportunity to work on a wide variety of equipment. The compensation is above what most companies doing the same kind of work offer in my area. I've enjoyed the year I've been here and look forward to the future here.

Cons

The paperwork side of things can be confusing and difficult at times but a new system is being developed to counter this issue. Communication could be better between corp office and field employees.

In a truck with Internet and phone

Current Employee - Employed
    Current Employee - Employed

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Not going to an office every day; working from home
    -Good support network that is friendly and knowledgeable
    -Competitive Pay and benefits
    -Values are focused on service and not sales
    -You can make your own schedule 90% of the time

Cons

-Difficulties in effectively carrying enough common failure replacement parts for every make and model.
    -Paperwork requirements for specific customers
    -Inconsistent workload

Great place to work for!

Current Employee - National Service Manager in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - National Service Manager in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

Power Pro-Tech Services is a true generator service company, where service is of the upmost importance. Most company place their priority on sales then service. Here service is number one. If you are looking for a job with the opportunity for advancement, this is the place. We are a growing service company expanding our territory all the time. The company has made a great effort to get the right people in the right job. Upper management is very approachable day and night.

Cons

There are long hours, but in the generator field that is the standard. When emergencies occur, which is usually after-hours, you have to plan on long hours.

None that I can think of.

Finally Found A Home

Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

This is a rapidly expanding company with unlimited growth to those who want it. Everyone in the company's first goal is to ensure that the customer is getting the highest level of service possible, while fostering an atmosphere and culture of teamwork. From the CEO all the way through the ranks, there is not one member who will not stop what they are doing to help another. Respect, professionalism and care are not words merely spoken, they are actions taken by every employee, every day. It is a fun and enjoyable place to work, while challenging at the same time. Going to work each day is a pleasure, and it is an honor to call everyone here a co-worker and friend.

Cons

I find myself working long hours. Not because it is required but because there are always ways to make improvements. Everyone working here WANTS to do just that.

Continue to offer training to anyone reaching out. There is no limit to the growth of this business and of this company. Employees are the backbone of what we do, continue to make OUR growth and development a priority.

Great group of people to work for and with as the company expands its market nationally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ball Ground, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After years of more critical employers, I'm still surprised by PPT's courteous and supportive atmosphere, starting from the company president and making its way to coworkers who are always willing to lend a hand. It's a pleasure to be able to honestly promise a customer that we'll follow through, and know that my colleagues will work to make it happen.

Cons

Just need to find time to grow my own abilities, so I can keep pace or move sideways if needed.

Develop more written procedures as part of the training process.

Good to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Field Engineer

Pros

being appreciated for the work you do. Ability to set up your own schedule and the OT if you need it. Management is down to earth and easy to talk with and never talk down to you. Many avenues of assistance on all makes and models Tech Support is available 24-7 and always willing to assist to ensure the customer is taken care of. Only Generator Company I have worked for that has the common sense approach in mind to ALWAYS take care of the customer.

Cons

Can not think of any. If you are a true Generator Technician you know a Generator is a Generator and anything happen

The best job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Warehouse in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

People count with this company. It would not be to much to say we are family. From the top down I've never worked with so many quality individuals who care about each other.

Cons

As we have grown and continue to grow communication between departments has suffered. Fortunately management is aware of this challenge and is working to correct it.

Provide more training and learning opportunities for all employees. Example: Bring in a motivational speaker or Team Builder on occasion.

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. Photos