Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc.

www.powerprotech.com

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. Reviews

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
4.9

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. President and Founder Robert J. Byrne
Robert J. Byrne

What an Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Invoice Specialist in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Invoice Specialist in Ball Ground, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I lucked out when I was hired at PPT. The work environment is positive and upbeat, and I immediately noticed that all my co-workers genuinely enjoyed their jobs. There is a lot of team work that occurs on a daily basis and everyone is willing to contribute their part. Also, I have had several personal life events happen in the short time I have been working at PPT, and management was willing to work with my schedule and allow time off. This company operates with familial values-- they care for their employees and their employees' well-being, and they also demand great, professional work from each person in the company.

Cons

There are very minimal cons at PPT. Perhaps one of the struggles we have is communication between employees. The company is spread across the Unites States, so keeping close communication lines open between technicians, managers, customer service, and finance could be improved.

A great company to be a part of

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Power Pro Tech for over 6 years. This is more than just an employer as you are more of a family member than an employee. PPT is very understanding when it comes to needing time for family as I discovered early on being a single father of one 6 year old boy. I began in this company as a Field Service Technician in 2008, spent five years in the field where I was provided every available tool necessary to complete any and all service requests and repairs for our customers, including but not limited to a company vehicle, state of the art tools and expert technical support when needed. There are opportunities offered for continuing education and training paid for by the company, along with opportunities for growth within the company. Overall a fantastic company to grow with!

Cons

In the 6+ years I have spent with Power Pro Tech Sevices, I can think of very little if any cons... unless you don't like overtime as a Field Service Technician.

Nov 4, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for the kind words and continued confidence in what we are building together at PPT. Flexibility and career opportunities are frequently mentioned as some of the most appreciated aspects of ... More

Great company with room to grow

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech for a little while now and have had a great experience so far. Everyone that I have been in touch with has been approachable and as helpful as can be with any issues I may have. The company is extremely flexible with everything. The work is different everyday with new situations, which I enjoy it keeps the work from being boring. I look forward to growing with the company and helping to build business partnerships in the Houston Region and beyond.

Cons

Specifically its mainly a parts and warehouse issue. It is being worked on and improving everyday. With the implantation of our new operation systems I look forward to it being more streamline. I would also like to see more company shirts and hats. I have Power Pro-Tech t-shirts but i would like to get some polo shirts or button ups.

Continue to listen to everyone involved in the company and make the improvements in the areas in need of them. I honestly feel extremely lucky to have found this company and that I was able to hire in .

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

The variety of what Field Engineers encounter every day is definitely one of the most appealing aspect of the work. I think the job is like that of the
    ... More

My review

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Pensacola Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Pensacola Beach, FL

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love this company. I have been here two years and thus far have thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am the type of person who constantly tries to improve and learn. This company has provided a great avenue for that. From hands-on training to endless equipment literature, PPT covers everything. As mentioned in other reviews, the ability to make a very flexible schedule is the case 90% of the time. This can be very important when a technician is getting burned out or has some unexpected bills to pay. An employee should know what needs to be done and management allows for that freedom. If needed, they can be easily reached to advise. If you enjoy your work and don't mind going the extra mile when needed, I would recommend you try PPT.

Cons

As the company grows, there are certain growing pains to be expected. However these are usually dealt with pretty fast and successfully. No company sponsored events. No late model Mercedes sign on bonus.

Keep steering the ship in this direction.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Schedule flexibility and Training are two important objectives of PPT. I am pleased to hear that these are valued.

The high geographic dispersion
    ... More

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Field Engineer

Pros

Company is good at taking care of it's employees. Very broad customer base allows the opportunity to work on a wide variety of equipment. The compensation is above what most companies doing the same kind of work offer in my area. I've enjoyed the year I've been here and look forward to the future here.

Cons

The paperwork side of things can be confusing and difficult at times but a new system is being developed to counter this issue. Communication could be better between corp office and field employees.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Many thanks for the feedback. Our objective is to attract and retain the very best Field Engineers who are committed to Customer Service and have a high degree of intellectual curiosity so as to ... More

In a truck with Internet and phone

Current Employee - Employed
    Current Employee - Employed

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Not going to an office every day; working from home
    -Good support network that is friendly and knowledgeable
    -Competitive Pay and benefits
    -Values are focused on service and not sales
    -You can make your own schedule 90% of the time

Cons

-Difficulties in effectively carrying enough common failure replacement parts for every make and model.
    -Paperwork requirements for specific customers
    -Inconsistent workload

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

The feedback is very helpful. I particularly appreciate the comment regarding the friendly and knowledgeable support network. The job of the Field Engineer can be grueling at times - time ... More

Great place to work for!

Current Employee - National Service Manager in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - National Service Manager in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

Power Pro-Tech Services is a true generator service company, where service is of the upmost importance. Most company place their priority on sales then service. Here service is number one. If you are looking for a job with the opportunity for advancement, this is the place. We are a growing service company expanding our territory all the time. The company has made a great effort to get the right people in the right job. Upper management is very approachable day and night.

Cons

There are long hours, but in the generator field that is the standard. When emergencies occur, which is usually after-hours, you have to plan on long hours.

None that I can think of.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Greatly appreciate the comments. With our focus on SERVICE, not equipment sales, we hope to be the "employer of choice" for Field Engineers, whose work is our entire strategic focus. As a growing ... More

Good to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Field Engineer

Pros

being appreciated for the work you do. Ability to set up your own schedule and the OT if you need it. Management is down to earth and easy to talk with and never talk down to you. Many avenues of assistance on all makes and models Tech Support is available 24-7 and always willing to assist to ensure the customer is taken care of. Only Generator Company I have worked for that has the common sense approach in mind to ALWAYS take care of the customer.

Cons

Can not think of any. If you are a true Generator Technician you know a Generator is a Generator and anything happen

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for the input! It is very gratifying to get feedback that gets to the heart of what we are all about - dedication to Customer Service with a culture of teamwork and respect that makes it a ... More

Finally Found A Home

Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Account Management in Ball Ground, GA

Pros

This is a rapidly expanding company with unlimited growth to those who want it. Everyone in the company's first goal is to ensure that the customer is getting the highest level of service possible, while fostering an atmosphere and culture of teamwork. From the CEO all the way through the ranks, there is not one member who will not stop what they are doing to help another. Respect, professionalism and care are not words merely spoken, they are actions taken by every employee, every day. It is a fun and enjoyable place to work, while challenging at the same time. Going to work each day is a pleasure, and it is an honor to call everyone here a co-worker and friend.

Cons

I find myself working long hours. Not because it is required but because there are always ways to make improvements. Everyone working here WANTS to do just that.

Continue to offer training to anyone reaching out. There is no limit to the growth of this business and of this company. Employees are the backbone of what we do, continue to make OUR growth and development a priority.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback! While to outsiders, our most apparent differentiation is our 18-state geographic footprint, I believe that it is our Culture of Teamwork that is our most distinguishing ... More

Absolutely the best company i have ever had the pleasure of working with!

Current Employee - Technical Support in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Houston, TX

Pros

The company is very family oriented along with a team work ethic that is second to none. My colleagues are always willing to lend a helping hand if it is needed. Management is very understanding and has set up a work environment where individual effort is recognized and rewarded. I have been with company for 6 plus years now and could not imagine ever leaving even to the point of where I would turn down more money if it was offered somewhere else.

Cons

I would refer you to the pros of the review because i cannot think of any cons at this present time.

I think that you are on the right path for the future of this company. Great things can only happen with great leadership while keeping in mind all of the people that make up the team.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Thanks for voicing a great "vote of confidence". We are committed to maintaining the family orientation and team work ethic that is the hallmark of our corporate culture. Thanks for all you do!

Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. Photos