Power Wellness

Power Wellness Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cares about its employees!

Member Services (Current Employee)
    Moorestown, NJ

ProsPower Wellness is always trying to find ways to improve the overall experience of it's employees. I am very pleased with my experience with this company. Would stay if I didn't need to find a full time job!!!

ConsSometimes there is a lack of communication with managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication, but other than that nothing!

Not the worst job I have ever had, but definitely the worst company I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Roscoe, IL

ProsI worked in a beautiful facility with great equipment and an awesome pool.

ConsAwful pay and benefits. Pay is typically around $10/hr with a bachelors and in some cases a masters degree required. Most people lived with their parents because they couldn't afford student loans and rent with that pay. Keeping up expensive certifications without any compensation was another kick in the teeth.

Terrible scheduling; people worked "split shifts" with gigantic unpaid breaks in between shifts. Some work 6 days a week, but are kept under 40 hours. Work until 9:15p at night and have to be back at 4:45a? Ouch. One year I only had 2 total holidays off.

Complete lack of leadership. Zero upward mobility. When a management opening came up they typically refused internal interviews entirely. There were only two instances of a person moving up internally in the 6 years of the location I worked at. Over half of the staff left or was let go in a 7 month period starting December 2012. An awful lot of the people in charge at the corporate office are related. If they had a clue what was going on at their centers, would they even care?

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers. These are people with management education and experience, not fitness experts that are older than all of the other fitness experts.

Pay better. Most people I saw leaving went to another industry entirely. Several of those jobs required no education whatsoever, but paid much better.

High turnover, disorganization at all levels

ProsWorking with customers to help them achieve wellness. Exceptionally built fitness centers with state-of-the-art equipment

ConsCompany is extremely disorganized and uses a software system no one seems to know how to use. Extremely high turnover - both people I interviewed with during my first and second interviews were fired within the first month of my employment. Another two at the center where I worked were fired within the first three months.
    Power Wellness also does not offer many benefits to their employees. For holidays - including holidays where the center is closed (Christmas Day, New Year's Day), employees must make up the hours missed throughout the same week. Employees get no holidays unless they want to use their (very limited) earned time off.
    Management likes to sit at home doing nothing while understaffed and overworked employees bust their butts and wait for management to come in once a week and criticize them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep yourself informed about what is going on at your centers instead of alienating yourself from your employees. Train yourselves and your staff on the software you use

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed my year plus with the center

Albany, NY

ProsFree membership for employees
    Great co-workers
    Fun clients
    Beautiful, clean facility
    Great classes offered

ConsTime off requests - management would prefer that employees get their own coverage for time off even when given plenty of notice rather than get the coverage
    Management not familiar with the employee handbook or protocol
    High turnover
    Looks the other way with favorites

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain management in all aspects of the company
    Train employees in all aspects of the company
    Don't look the other way with rule breakers

A good career growth experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany full of talented dedicated professionals who give their all for their customers and theire co-workers. You would be proud to be associated with this team.

ConsLack of effective leadership from the president lead to the loss of much human capital and the company suffered as a result

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you recongnize that the strength of your organization resides in the talent and dedication of your staff.

Worked for Power Wellness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Power Wellness reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Power Wellness employees.