PowerReviews

Updated February 9, 2015
4.6

PowerReviews Founder & CEO Matt Moog
Matt Moog

Great innovative company that you can relate to, and is a great place to grow personally and professionally!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Leadership is very intelligent and has a clear vision for the future of the company
    -Great culture and people who have a good work ethic
    -Employees have the "get the work done" mentality and the management does not have a micro-management approach
    -Good work-life balance
    -Company is flexible with their employees in all aspects
    -Open office layout which gives access to daily communication with Directors, SVPs, and C-Level employees
    -Ideas are encouraged in all departments and across departments as well
    -Casual dress code.
    -Environment is very collaborative and everyone is working for the greater good of the company

Cons

-Training program is not fully developed yet, but it is progressing with every new employee.

-Keep the culture in mind when hiring new talent to the company because what has been built thus far helps fuel the company
    -Keep an inclusive environment and the transparency so the employees know that they are part of something bigger than just their position
    -Keep the positivity around the office because it gives good vibes and makes it a good working environment.

Marketing

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment, very exciting and growing really fast
    -Learn a ton from leadership
    -Very hands on
    -Competitive compensation
    -Very open and transparent, no divide between leadership and entry level positions

Cons

-No cons, just a genuinely awesome place to work

I'm excited to be working very transparent and growing company!

Current Employee - Senior Renewal Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Renewal Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing faster than expected which makes it a great time to be working here. Since we are still in the process of building out the teams, processes and long term direction of the company, I feel as though my input has much more weight and is taken more seriously than at any other company I have worked for.

Cons

Growing pains of a re-start from the divestiture (but it allows you to create your own path/structure so not necessarily bad just frustrating at times).

Keep it a fun place to work. We all wanted to work at this company because it's not the corporate feel that so many of us left. Having fun at work will continue to motivate us to work hard and deliver results, if you start to put restraints on us like so many companies who start like this do, it could lead to less than desirable results.

Trust us, we want what is best for the company as much as you do.

I love coming to work every single day!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PowerReviews full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- High market potential
    - Better than expected results after divestiture by Bazaarvoice
    - Equity in company
    - Competitive salary
    - Great benefits
    - Unlimited vacation days
    - Office based in the heart of River North
    - Ability to make a direct impact & contribution to the company everyday
    - Gain experience in a high-growth startup
    - Learn invaluable skills and gain digital insights that will become increasingly more significant to the brand & retail space as well as how consumers utilize new technologies
    - Phenomenal management team
    - Best-of-breed industry solution
    - Monthly office parties
    - Weekly office luncheons
    -Monthly parties for all employee birthdays
    - Fun work culture
    - Well designed & open office space

Cons

- Training program is not fully-developed, but continues to consistently improve for new hires

- Maintain the office & work culture. It is great that we are excited about coming to work everyday

It was an roller coaster ride!

I worked at PowerReviews full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many amazing people who are smart and passionate. Good work life balance. Now that they are unshackled from BV, they can return to being a great company.

Cons

Prior to the acquisition by BV, it became a very toxic place. It was the corporate equivalent of the Hunger games.

Remember your roots and what made the company great in the first place. Best of luck!

Great

I worked at PowerReviews full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work. Can't say enough about it. Efforts let to an acquisition from our main competitor. Good culture too.

Cons

Small. A bit political. No a large budget.

Strong SaaS company, great product on 5,500 websites worldwide, innovative, hot space, growing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PowerReviews

Pros

Strong Company: 6 year old Multi Tennant SaaS softward company that has scaled to 1,500 clients world wide. PowerReviews has clients at every size: very large (Staples, ToysRUs, Gap, 3M, REI, Drugstore.com), medium (beats by Dr. Dre, Sports Authority, Forever 21, GNC, Callaway, Brookstone) and small (Sanrio, Golf Discount, Old Time Candy) in the B2C and B2B space. This number and range of clients makes for a strong company.

Great Social Commerce Product: Social is a very hot space. The PowerReviews product is proven and measurable in driving traffic, conversion & sales. It is installed on 5,500 websites worldwide. The heritage products, Reviews and Ratings, AnswerBox and Brandshare (open content syndication) are preferred by consumers vs the competition. And, the company has a proven facebook offering, developed on the open graph in an innovative way.

Innovative: The approach to the product is innovative, focused on the user. The multi tenant SaaS architecture, InLine SEO, structured data, facebook integration and open syndication are a few examples.

The company is growing, attracting incredible engineers and impressive new clients.

Honest, high integrity leadership. Every single person can make a difference and grow their skills, accomplishments and career.

Cons

Growing Pains: As with any company that is growing and in a hot space, PowerReviews is going through growing pains -- tension between the maintaining the existing culture and evolving it with the new people and having systematic, consistent communication so all are on the same page are 2 examples.

Continue to focus on innovating the product and offering. A great product is at the core of an energized team and great sales.

Great opportunity both personally and professionally

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PowerReviews

Pros

Awesome product solving real world business problems
    Top executive leadership
    Though a start-up, good marketing support
    A social solution stack versus our competitor's with limited products
    Fun
    Making great commissions

Cons

Need more sales tools
    Limited downtown parking

I've seen a huge difference in the amount of marketing efforts to generate sales leads and encourage management to continue these activities. My sales success and others are reaping the benefits.

Best job I've ever had....

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PowerReviews

Pros

Free Sodas
    Third Friday Theme Parties
    Communal attitude
    Positive intentions by every employee
    Great benefits for a company it's size.

Cons

Becoming too focused on the bottom line - Maintaining staff is extremely important. Too much focus on the bottom line will cost the company key assets - Staff.....Although a great place to work - we need more fun....

Don't lose the culture when trying to grow. Remember people are an asset - not a commodity and are as important as cash being made.

Current Projects, People, and Environment make going to work fun and easy

Current Employee - Client Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PowerReviews

Pros

experienced mgmt. team
    diverse
    location- heart of city
    young
    growing market and growing market share
    big family feeling
    personal life comes first
    work hard play hard
    challenging work

Cons

recognition, but the new hr manager has already done a lot to recognize people more frequently
    no gym membership