Practice Fusion Reviews

Reset
4.1
Practice Fusion Founder, CEO, and Chairman Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Pros
  • There is some free food in the kitchen, after all (in 7 reviews)

• Great culture, good perks, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The theme of 'lack of career development' couldn't be any more true at this company (in 3 reviews)

• One of the worst companies I've been around as far as fostering career growth (in 3 reviews)

1. Great first job and place to start my career

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion

Pros

Incredible team, culture, core values and product. The company is the leader in the Digital Health market. We are incredibly agile and have had great innovations in the offering over the last year. The team is also fantastic - it's a highly matrixed organization, and everyone is aligned around the same goal - to connect doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives, which is our mission.

Cons

There's a fair amount of growth and change happening. We are growing up, and as that happens, roles get more rigid and focused. Some team members don't love this, as they want to wear many hats.

Advice to Management

The leadership and communication has been great over the last year - keep developing it.

2. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission is hard to beat. We're doing actual, meaningful good in the world of health care. Super fast paced, so never boring. In my opinion, the people are what truly make this place amazing. Pretty wide range of backgrounds and experience levels, all working towards the same goal. Pretty legit work/life balance really ties it all together nicely.

Cons

The fast pace can be testing at times for some. Fast release cycle means that there are always plenty more things to work on. Depending on where you're coming from, it could be a difficult adjustment. That said, if you come into it ready to move quick, it shouldn't be too rough.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open with all employees and things will keep getting better and better.

3. Great place to work, smart people, strong mission

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Incredible mission and future for healthcare. Food, snacks, beer. Leaders on sales and sales account rep team. Growing sales culture, caring and supportive managers who push you to work and do best. Fast paced. Desire to succeed. A lot of energy. Positive outlook to where we go next. IPO potential soon. Happy to work for this company and team.

Cons

Some employees who have been here longer have chip on their shoulder. Time to move up or move out.

Advice to Management

You got the right outlook and care about the team and our success. Don't let employees with entitlement, bloated egos, or bad attitudes get you down.

5. One of the friendliest, most communal places

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Practice Fusion was a very warm, enjoyable place to work that really fostered a strong sense of community. My coworkers were like a family, and that included numerous people outside my department. I don't know if I've ever worked for such an inviting place, and I quickly made friends there that I will keep for a long time.

Cons

It's difficult to enumerate many cons. It's a company shifting between a small business and a medium sized business, so it's experiencing some growth pains right now. If you're looking for cutting edge technologies, it's maybe not the right organization. Everything is much more robust and secure as a result, though.

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. It's easy to be conservative later on down the road and stick with things that have worked, but occasionally you'll need to redo a bunch of stuff even if you don't want to.

6. One of the best places to work!!

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome Culture
    - Making an impact on Healthcare
    - Smart and Friendly People
    - Free food and Happy Hours!!
    - Offsite team events.

In short " The Best place to work"!!! Go PF

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment, things run in agile mode so they can change very quickly. That might add pressure to some people but that is just the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep the good thing going!! The sessions with the management are very useful. Keep hiring great people and let's make sure we preserve the culture!!

Rewarding work with great perks.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, super friendly employees, free lunch, monthly company events, room for growth.

Cons

Extremely fast paced. Learn to adapt quickly or you'll have a hard time keeping up.

Advice to Management

Management is very transparent about how the company is doing against its goals. Everyone should always know how they are doing and contributing to the overall company goal.

8. Mission + Vision + Execution

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is massively impactful to the community around us. Millions of patients are served by Practice Fusion every month. From an internal perspective, this happens because there is a huge focus on execution. There's little pontification when a decision is made, which is extremely rare, particularly in healthcare. The result is a mission that is incredibly impactful.

Cons

If you're not executing, you shouldn't be here (and you likely wont!) It's a martixed organization - if you don't play well with others, you may want to rethink coming here, as we're interdependent on others and we embrace this.

Advice to Management

Love the recent Phenomenal Fridays - they feel like the old days. Open Dialogues are great - love the 1:1 time with Ryan and the other execs.

9. I can't imagine a better first job for my career

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Practice Fusion was my first real job right out of college. I was on the customer success team assisting in conveying the company's value proposition to doctors, as well as onboarding them. From there I moved to the Business Development, working on strategic partnerships with labs, imaging centers and other services that connect to the platform and drive value for our doctors and patients. All in all the company has a tremendous culture and the leadership cares both about the team members, as well as the impact the company has on the world. They are highly ethical and set the bar high for any other place I pursue a career.

Cons

It can be competitive when a new job is announced as there are a number of team members on the customer success team that are looking to grow their career. If your hungry and persistent, you can make a transition, but you have to work for it. It's also an incredibly complex space that will take the average person 12-18 months to have their bearings.

Advice to Management

It's an amazing place. Keep up the great work with the communication and keep hiring great human beings, as you have been.

10. Great Vision and Culture

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Definitely a great company to work for. The leadership team has a great vision and really works to take care of the team while working towards that vision.

The company emphasizes culture quite a bit and offers many perks and events around that. Like many tech companies in the bay area catered food, snacks, and alcohol on Fridays.

All in all, a solid business model in an industry that is thriving and due to certain legislation doesn't look to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Cons

Sometimes there might have been too much emphasis on culture and culture fit - with good employees being overlooked because they didn't quite fit in in a social sense.

Advice to Management

Due to the nature of the user base, the business, decisions around releases and the prioritization of bugs it was often placed a lot of added responsibility for the Customer Service team to smooth things over and repair those relationships-- to appoint that the sheer volume was overwhelming.

I know that there are a lot of aspects of the business that I didn't get to see but I believe it would help to be very transparent when things break or are changing as to what you are doing (or not doing) to fix that and why. I think that the majority of the user base is smart and reasonable and just needs to be clued in. Maybe a "Word From the CEO" Explaining some aspects of how things work around there and why this is a unique time. Also, I think i would help to explain why these changes need to happen. Often times the users felt like they were left in the dark and drew their own conclusions that we weren't doing anything and really didn't give a damn ( which of course is not the case).

11. The Best Company in Digital Health

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a place where when you come in each day you can see your contribution. Your work matters. It can literally lend to making millions of people healthier and save lives. That's the feeling I have every day when I do into the office.

Cons

Healthcare is a incredibly complicated space. I have witnessed team members who have not been in the space before be challenged by the complexity of the regulatory and competitive landscapes. Be prepared to learn if you are going to come here.

Advice to Management

Open Dialogue and TGIF are welcome additions to understand what we are doing as an organization. Keep it up.

RSS Feed </> Embed