Practice Fusion Reviews

Reset
4.1
Practice Fusion Founder, CEO, and Chairman Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Pros
  • There is some free food in the kitchen, after all (in 7 reviews)

• Great culture, good perks, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The theme of 'lack of career development' couldn't be any more true at this company (in 3 reviews)

• One of the worst companies I've been around as far as fostering career growth (in 3 reviews)

1. Great mission and culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion

Pros

The company hires awesome people and fosters a fantastic work environment and culture. They always do things to keep employees happy, and upper management makes efforts to connect with every department and to provide transparency.

The CEO is very passionate about the company, its products, and its mission. He works his butt off for the company and does what's best for the company and its users. Decisions are always made with the company and users in mind, and it's not always about the money.

Cons

During my time with the company, they seemed to have had a bad track record of hiring less-than-adequate managers in middle management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and keep focusing on the core values

2. Great first job and place to start my career

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion

Pros

Incredible team, culture, core values and product. The company is the leader in the Digital Health market. We are incredibly agile and have had great innovations in the offering over the last year. The team is also fantastic - it's a highly matrixed organization, and everyone is aligned around the same goal - to connect doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives, which is our mission.

Cons

There's a fair amount of growth and change happening. We are growing up, and as that happens, roles get more rigid and focused. Some team members don't love this, as they want to wear many hats.

Advice to Management

The leadership and communication has been great over the last year - keep developing it.

3. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission is hard to beat. We're doing actual, meaningful good in the world of health care. Super fast paced, so never boring. In my opinion, the people are what truly make this place amazing. Pretty wide range of backgrounds and experience levels, all working towards the same goal. Pretty legit work/life balance really ties it all together nicely.

Cons

The fast pace can be testing at times for some. Fast release cycle means that there are always plenty more things to work on. Depending on where you're coming from, it could be a difficult adjustment. That said, if you come into it ready to move quick, it shouldn't be too rough.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open with all employees and things will keep getting better and better.

5. Great place to work, smart people, strong mission

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Incredible mission and future for healthcare. Food, snacks, beer. Leaders on sales and sales account rep team. Growing sales culture, caring and supportive managers who push you to work and do best. Fast paced. Desire to succeed. A lot of energy. Positive outlook to where we go next. IPO potential soon. Happy to work for this company and team.

Cons

Some employees who have been here longer have chip on their shoulder. Time to move up or move out.

Advice to Management

You got the right outlook and care about the team and our success. Don't let employees with entitlement, bloated egos, or bad attitudes get you down.

6. One of the friendliest, most communal places

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Practice Fusion was a very warm, enjoyable place to work that really fostered a strong sense of community. My coworkers were like a family, and that included numerous people outside my department. I don't know if I've ever worked for such an inviting place, and I quickly made friends there that I will keep for a long time.

Cons

It's difficult to enumerate many cons. It's a company shifting between a small business and a medium sized business, so it's experiencing some growth pains right now. If you're looking for cutting edge technologies, it's maybe not the right organization. Everything is much more robust and secure as a result, though.

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. It's easy to be conservative later on down the road and stick with things that have worked, but occasionally you'll need to redo a bunch of stuff even if you don't want to.

Terrible Management

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

The company perks were great and so were the people aside from leadership in the Customer Success department.

Cons

High volume of work with lousy pay.

Advice to Management

Become true leaders and learn how to properly mentor your employees. Also, let people leave the department if they want to move up. Holding back someones career growth because you do not want to lose an efficient employee from your team is not a true leader.

8. One of the best places to work!!

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome Culture
    - Making an impact on Healthcare
    - Smart and Friendly People
    - Free food and Happy Hours!!
    - Offsite team events.

In short " The Best place to work"!!! Go PF

Cons

Extremely fast paced environment, things run in agile mode so they can change very quickly. That might add pressure to some people but that is just the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep the good thing going!! The sessions with the management are very useful. Keep hiring great people and let's make sure we preserve the culture!!

sales

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Great Product with a good model. Company has a very good upside for growth. Focus is on the physicians office as it should be.

Cons

Very shaky leadership. Recent changes could help improve dramatically. Poor support and regard for the group that brings in the revenue.

Advice to Management

I think recent changes in leadership may help. Plenty of good people have left as a result of senior management and the CEO. Company needs to learn to play well with other companies.

Rewarding work with great perks.

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, super friendly employees, free lunch, monthly company events, room for growth.

Cons

Extremely fast paced. Learn to adapt quickly or you'll have a hard time keeping up.

Advice to Management

Management is very transparent about how the company is doing against its goals. Everyone should always know how they are doing and contributing to the overall company goal.

Young, grateful and follow instructions without question - if you fit these categories, great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

- Dog friendly office - cannot say enough how great this is
    - Lovely kitchen, free food, snacks and drinks - all pretty healthy
    - Great young team of eager hardworking kids fresh out of college looking to make their mark

Cons

- Insane reactive managers who are ego-driven to micromanage to the point of insanity
    - Sweatshop-like conditions in the support team = high churn
    - Product releases that consistently cause such massive user issues that the entire team is on the phones at 5/6am every post release, handling 1000s of calls from frustrated users

Advice to Management

- Get an MD on board and get them working with product on UX and UI design, and workflows
    - Take more time to work out bugs and glitches instead of continuous releases that create more bugs and glitches - cascade effect
    -Hire more experienced managers in Ops and CS that know what it is to delegate, and work smarter not harder. There is no need to run around like a dog chasing it's tail just because you are a start up. You don't constantly have to be rushing from meeting to meeting and on call 24/7 just because you are a manager - it IS possible to be a startup and have competent managers who ask "why" when asked to execute on a random idea and "what for" when asked to implement a new process. Questioning validates, and can create massive efficiencies, you should try that sometimes, instead of having a stable of underlings who agree with everything just because a manager said so!
    - Value difference and difference of opinion - it creates constructive conversation and fosters creative outcomes. Reliance on one or two people for every decision creates silos of knowledge, and damns you to following a path that might be littered with errors that could have been spotted if more people were included in the sweeping decisions that impact whole departments.
    - Transparency and respect - show some respect to ALL employees, even the lowly CS reps might have valuable insight into what works best for customers.
    - Practice what you preach, but do it smart. Being scrappy doesn't mean working hours of overtime on projects for no good reason. Weigh up what you ask of your employees - is it worth it? What do you expect to gain? Simple steps to happier employees.
    - Get rid of the ego-driven micromanagers. You want to IPO? Hire some real talent, instead of promoting people who don't know the first thing about managing people and teams effectively.

RSS Feed </> Embed