Practice Fusion Reviews

Reset
4.1
Practice Fusion Founder, CEO, and Chairman Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Pros
  • There is some free food in the kitchen, after all (in 7 reviews)

• Great culture, good perks, great location (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The theme of 'lack of career development' couldn't be any more true at this company (in 3 reviews)

• One of the worst companies I've been around as far as fostering career growth (in 3 reviews)

1. Doesn't live up to the hype

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good food, mostly fun people, pretty nice office space

Cons

Horrible executive leadership, lots of turnover, strategies change frequently, bad work/life balance

2. Employees treated as disposable

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Food, dogs, location (these are nice things, but they should not be the only things)

Cons

CEO is mastermind control freak ego maniac

Advice to Management

No advice because they are an awful cohort that will take no feedback

3. Best Company

Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't imagine a better work environment. Practice Fusion is a product that is actually helping save lives. And it is truly a winner and innovator in the space. Good pay. Dogs. Tons of free amazing food. Parties. Company culture. The list goes on...

Cons

None legitimate cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

As company grows and prepares for IPO don't lose great qualities that make working at Practice Fusion so great

5. Fast pace but rewarding

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I know it sounds cliche, but the people and culture here really make it an awesome work environment. Also, the fact we're changing health care for the better doesn't hurt. Everyone here is extremely mission driven in that our work is really making a difference. Things can get hectic, but everyone is truly appreciated for their contribution and the company really pulls out all the stops to show their appreciation.

Cons

Fast pace. Be willing to put in the work.

Ok, but not innovative

Pros

practice fusion has great friendly people who really love what they do. The company loves to have fun.

Cons

Practice fusion suffers from San Francisco startupitis: you either buy into the cool aid completely or you are an outsider. From an engineering perspective the codebase is weak at best. For a smaller company they are slow to move on innovation and there is a lot of "do it this specific way and never change" mentality. For someone who more junior it's a great place to get your feet wet but if you want the chance to drive and build cutting edge software this isn't the place

Advice to Management

Less scatterbrained projects and more long term focus. Don't shift people off of teams every 2 months

7. Great mission and culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company hires awesome people and fosters a fantastic work environment and culture. They always do things to keep employees happy, and upper management makes efforts to connect with every department and to provide transparency. The CEO is very passionate about the company, its products, and its mission. He works his butt off for the company and does what's best for the company and its users. Decisions are always made with the company and users in mind, and it's not always about the money.

Cons

During my time with the company, they seemed to have had a bad track record of hiring less-than-adequate managers in middle management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and keep focusing on the core values

8. Great first job and place to start my career

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Incredible team, culture, core values and product. The company is the leader in the Digital Health market. We are incredibly agile and have had great innovations in the offering over the last year. The team is also fantastic - it's a highly matrixed organization, and everyone is aligned around the same goal - to connect doctors, patients and data to drive better health and save lives, which is our mission.

Cons

There's a fair amount of growth and change happening. We are growing up, and as that happens, roles get more rigid and focused. Some team members don't love this, as they want to wear many hats.

Advice to Management

The leadership and communication has been great over the last year - keep developing it.

9. Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission is hard to beat. We're doing actual, meaningful good in the world of health care. Super fast paced, so never boring. In my opinion, the people are what truly make this place amazing. Pretty wide range of backgrounds and experience levels, all working towards the same goal. Pretty legit work/life balance really ties it all together nicely.

Cons

The fast pace can be testing at times for some. Fast release cycle means that there are always plenty more things to work on. Depending on where you're coming from, it could be a difficult adjustment. That said, if you come into it ready to move quick, it shouldn't be too rough.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open with all employees and things will keep getting better and better.

10. Great place to work, smart people, strong mission

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Incredible mission and future for healthcare. Food, snacks, beer. Leaders on sales and sales account rep team. Growing sales culture, caring and supportive managers who push you to work and do best. Fast paced. Desire to succeed. A lot of energy. Positive outlook to where we go next. IPO potential soon. Happy to work for this company and team.

Cons

Some employees who have been here longer have chip on their shoulder. Time to move up or move out.

Advice to Management

You got the right outlook and care about the team and our success. Don't let employees with entitlement, bloated egos, or bad attitudes get you down.

11. One of the friendliest, most communal places

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Practice Fusion was a very warm, enjoyable place to work that really fostered a strong sense of community. My coworkers were like a family, and that included numerous people outside my department. I don't know if I've ever worked for such an inviting place, and I quickly made friends there that I will keep for a long time.

Cons

It's difficult to enumerate many cons. It's a company shifting between a small business and a medium sized business, so it's experiencing some growth pains right now. If you're looking for cutting edge technologies, it's maybe not the right organization. Everything is much more robust and secure as a result, though.

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. It's easy to be conservative later on down the road and stick with things that have worked, but occasionally you'll need to redo a bunch of stuff even if you don't want to.

RSS Feed </> Embed