Prairie Farms Dairy

Prairie Farms Dairy Reviews

3.3

Ed Mullins
1 Rating

Prairie Farms is a wonderful company to work for.

Former Employee - Dairy Specialist  in  Granite City, IL
    Former Employee - Dairy Specialist in Granite City, IL

I worked at Prairie Farms Dairy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Union employees, great supervisors, good hours

Cons

None at this present time

None

Continously challenging, pressure to meet time lines, continously adding on more work as employee's leave or are let go.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivabe Manager  in  Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivabe Manager in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Prairie Farms Dairy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Continously challenging, pressure to meet time lines and the freedom to be creative in designing reports, graphs etc.

Cons

Because of the consolidations going on everyone was stressed not knowing if you will be the next to me laid off which obviously why I am writing this I lost my job due to consolidation.

Too many chiefts and not enough indians. No one knew from one day to the next who our boss was or what "additional" boss we now have. All those meetings and yet not one office meeting to hear from us or collaborate on an idea that would benefit the company. Bias to males.

Don't expect a life if you want to be successful here.

Current Employee - Warehouse  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Prairie Farms Dairy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have had an oppourtunity to work with some amazing people, co worker relationships have been the strongest here, and management is very dedicated, even if they aren't dedicated to satisfying employee needs.

Cons

At this time, fellow employees attempt to make others look bad for personal growth, there's no care or concern for employees time with family, and often 6-7 days a week seems to be the only way to get our customers covered. There is a terrible, disorganized mess on second shift at this time, that should be immediately addressed. There is very little noticable respect for employees who work nights, often times being the only group of workers who have to be there on holidays and Sundays.

Create a rotating 4 day work week with twelve hour shifts, so your employees can regroup, rest and have time to get their business done within their lives. You will find moral of your work force improve greatly. Otherwise, I can see more drivers leaving, as well as some cooler staff, something which at this time, you can not afford. Also, at the corporate level, personal days/sick days on top of the vacation time offered would be a nice perk, as well as allowing H.R. to cut checks for unused vacations or develop a roll over policy with time unused.

Worked for Prairie Farms Dairy? Contribute to the Community!