Pratt Industries USA

Pratt Industries USA CEO Brian McPheely
Brian McPheely

Great company.

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pratt treats employees with respect.
    Excellent benefits and pay structure is very competitive.

Cons

Company was built by acquisition; architecture is disjointed.

Consider a more global IT approach.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Superintendent in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Superintendent in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Management Team who continue to improve the safety, environment, quality and production.
    Great benefits
    Good Team Building exercises
    Very good organization

Cons

Hours can be longer on some days. Working in a city might not be appealing to some. But can work in NJ and travel.

Keep up the great work

Work hard and die young.

Current Employee - N/A in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - N/A in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay,also get to go to company Dr. with no appointment.You will be ready to work the next day..

Cons

Insurance is good when it is not being cancelled for no reason..

Learn how to treat people like humans not animals.Standing around calling a worker stupid and dum just isn't professional.

Blind leading the blind

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA

Pros

Close to home
    Friendly "higher" ( office) upper management
    Good vending choices
    Don't have much nice to say
    Trying to fill 20 words minimum in this spot.

Cons

* Pay is low
    * 20 minute break a day
    * Direct floor supervisors would rather complain about your down time and set up times rather than help you achieve what is expected.
    * very poor and unhelpful floor supervisors
    * you will learn more about the company and box making by Google rather than anyone being helpful enough to explain how things work.
    * No one on the floor will help you learn how to do your job. You will learn more at this plant by going into the office and having one of them come out. Or in my case google!!
    * very unorganized.
    * always waiting around for supplies to start your job. (Down time)
    * you get treated like your in grade school.
    * careless with quality. Would rather get quantity over quality.
    * lack of communication
    * floor supervisors act like they are lost and have no clue what they are doing.

If you are going to have a supervisor over a certain section of the plant then maybe that supervisor should spend equal amount of time at each machine and with each employee. Not just ONE!!!!! It is what it is, and I hope it gets better. Not just for my sake but for the sake of the company and other employees who are fed up with the same exact things.

Fast paced and hard work, but the job is rewarding.

Current Employee - Machine Helper in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Machine Helper in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every month there is a 10-14% bonus depending upon how well the plant performs. There is a lot of available overtime along with a good opportunity to climb up the ladder fast. My cousin worked there for one year and got a position as a supervisor at the age of 20.

Cons

Fast paced along with doing the same actions over and over.
    Safety protocals and corrective actions are often over the top or irrational.

The best advice to management would be to communicate better.

Run away! Run far,far away!

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA

Pros

The employees are the greatest! Good pay!

Cons

You have no life working for this company. You never know from day to day what hours you are going to work the next day (8,10, or 12 hr. shifts). No notice for weekend work. They might tell you Friday after lunch if you are lucky. Not a family friendly place. Way to much overtime. I want to work to live not live to work!

Please get 8 hr shifts in place. We have way too much work to work 2 shifts. If we have to work 7 days a week, 56 hrs is better than 84 hrs. It's a win win for everybody. You get to run 24 hrs a day and your employees get to have somewhat of a life after work.

I worked with some great team-oriented people, and some spawns of Satan himself.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pratt Industries USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the staff is extremely hardworking and team-oriented to achieve the overall tasks/ goals of the company.

Cons

The management at Southside Industrial Parkway makes it harder on everyone else because there is a never-ending game of finger-pointing, backstabbing and manipulation.

Unfortunately for the owners and other locations, if there are some of you with integrity, honesty and dignity, the management at the Southside Industrial Parkway location, in certain departments have given this entire company a bad name. The turnover rate is ridiculous and some will try to argue that it is due to the "fast-paced, constantly changing" environment. I guess this is the lie that they have convinced themselves to believe to better sleep at night for the coniving, evil, malicious and unfair treatment that they spread throughout the retail branch of this company. Anyone who has had any sort of professional experience would not have a problem quickly adapting to Pratt Retail Specialties with PROPER training and consistency. But unfortunately that is too much to ask for, and even once you have perfected the basic routines you have to deal with the cattiness, back-stabbing and insecurities of the management staff, that will throw you under the bus at the drop of a dime because they are all afraid of losing their own jobs. I never could figure out why the level of paranoia was so high in that workplace but the best conclusion that I have come to, now that I am out of that hell and back to a normal stress-free work/life balance, is that evil will never prevail and you will always reap what you sew. So the management will continue to be miserable, no matter how well the job is performed, because the problem lies within themselves, and their greed and deceitfulness will continue to eat them alive from the inside out. I pray this company does a thorough cleansing because one day someone will have to pay for all of the lives they have negatively affected, all over money!

Escalating company that is driven!

Current Employee - Retail Field Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Field Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ample room for growth within the company. Strong bond and cohesiveness within the retail division! Benefits are just about as good as it gets! Driven to exceed goals and continually improve our image and name.

Cons

Lots of travel associated with position.

More training structure.

Stress

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time

Pros

Benefits, health program, tuition reimbursement,

Cons

Stress
    Long long hours
    Mgt only cares about numbers

Growing Packaging Company: Large Privately Owned

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Pratt Industries USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Access to management, Very sustainable,great story of 100% recycled mills, compensation program.

Cons

not the largest (6th largest), name recognition, company is not well known, direction is not always communicated. Unless you are working for one of the new facilities the plant assets are quite old.

update assets in older plants