Pratt Industries USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pratt Industries USA CEO Brian McPheely

Brian McPheely

Fast paced and hard work, but the job is rewarding.

Machine Helper (Current Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsEvery month there is a 10-14% bonus depending upon how well the plant performs. There is a lot of available overtime along with a good opportunity to climb up the ladder fast. My cousin worked there for one year and got a position as a supervisor at the age of 20.

ConsFast paced along with doing the same actions over and over.
    Safety protocals and corrective actions are often over the top or irrational.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best advice to management would be to communicate better.

Escalating company that is driven!

Retail Field Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsAmple room for growth within the company. Strong bond and cohesiveness within the retail division! Benefits are just about as good as it gets! Driven to exceed goals and continually improve our image and name.

ConsLots of travel associated with position.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training structure.

Stress

ProsBenefits, health program, tuition reimbursement,

ConsStress
    Long long hours
    Mgt only cares about numbers

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Growing Packaging Company: Large Privately Owned

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsAccess to management, Very sustainable,great story of 100% recycled mills, compensation program.

Consnot the largest (6th largest), name recognition, company is not well known, direction is not always communicated. Unless you are working for one of the new facilities the plant assets are quite old.

Advice to Senior Managementupdate assets in older plants

Pratt

Manager (Current Employee)
    Sidney, OH

ProsGood Pay for the industry

Consthe perfect place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Couldn't be happier

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Wichita, KS

ProsTeam spirit,
    Benefits,
    Advancement opportunity
    Open door policy
    Career stability

ConsDifficult to change antiquated processes because company has so many locations

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide current tools and processes to provide employees and opportunity to be more productive, efficient and effective.

Reasons why not to work ar Pratt

Designer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to work if you are in the "good ol boy network"or have friends in management. You can write your own ticket.

ConsAre not a family oriented company. They could care less if a have kids. I have to take a vacation day everytime I have a doctors appointment or one of my kids are sick unless you you are one of the chosen ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like human beings

Incompetance is king

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI'm glad to be employed. Some of the co-workers are good to work with. Unfortunately that's it.

ConsThis is the most inept, incompetant, lazy, self-centered, finger-pointing place I've ever worked. The are all about the customer, which sounds great except for the fact that they will do anything the customer asks for, no matter the cost. Emergency orders that disrupt every other customer's schedule (at no extra charge); the customer changes their price between the quote and the PO, we'll process it no problem. No accountability. Orders are routinely shipped but never billed or tracked. Defective product is shipped constantly. Management won't tell you directly if there's an issue, they'll tell someone in another dept. to tell you about it. If you question something, it's seen as a personal attack and is met with a very defensive attitude. Communication is terrible and everything is done as a reaction. Very little pro-activitiy for anything. The focus is numbers, certainly not the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to know if upper management doesn't care about what happens here or is so out of touch that they haven't a clue. My gosh, it doesn't take a lot of effort to see this place is drowning. We can't keep existing customers and new customers leave shortly after they come on board. There's a reason for that. There's a reason that turnover is so high. No appreciation for the work that's done, only a mention of how people should do better. Set records for production? Nothing...Run less today? Then you get lots of attention. It's really sad that there is so little regard for the employees here by the local mgmt and by corp. mgmt. It shows that the interest is solely money, not people.

Great Job with Learning potential

Logistics (Former Employee)
    Conyers, GA

ProsGood Pay, Lots of opportunity to prove yourself and move up.

ConsPolitics. Deadlines associated with next day fulfillment. The box business isn't as calm and quiet as you would think. Every employer has a political structure, just be neutral.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers can fall into the pit of not understanding the function of jobs below them. Take time to meet your employees and understand what they do.

working at pratt ocala

Prosgood job if you are easy going

Consvery limited groth potential here

Worked for Pratt Industries USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pratt Industries USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pratt Industries USA CEO Brian McPheely. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Pratt Industries USA employees.