Pratt Industries USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pratt Industries USA CEO Brian McPheely

Brian McPheely

Fast paced and hard work, but the job is rewarding.

Machine Helper (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsEvery month there is a 10-14% bonus depending upon how well the plant performs. There is a lot of available overtime along with a good opportunity to climb up the ladder fast. My cousin worked there for one year and got a position as a supervisor at the age of 20.

ConsFast paced along with doing the same actions over and over.
    Safety protocals and corrective actions are often over the top or irrational.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best advice to management would be to communicate better.

Run away! Run far,far away!

ProsThe employees are the greatest! Good pay!

ConsYou have no life working for this company. You never know from day to day what hours you are going to work the next day (8,10, or 12 hr. shifts). No notice for weekend work. They might tell you Friday after lunch if you are lucky. Not a family friendly place. Way to much overtime. I want to work to live not live to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get 8 hr shifts in place. We have way too much work to work 2 shifts. If we have to work 7 days a week, 56 hrs is better than 84 hrs. It's a win win for everybody. You get to run 24 hrs a day and your employees get to have somewhat of a life after work.

I worked with some great team-oriented people, and some spawns of Satan himself.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome of the staff is extremely hardworking and team-oriented to achieve the overall tasks/ goals of the company.

ConsThe management at Southside Industrial Parkway makes it harder on everyone else because there is a never-ending game of finger-pointing, backstabbing and manipulation.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately for the owners and other locations, if there are some of you with integrity, honesty and dignity, the management at the Southside Industrial Parkway location, in certain departments have given this entire company a bad name. The turnover rate is ridiculous and some will try to argue that it is due to the "fast-paced, constantly changing" environment. I guess this is the lie that they have convinced themselves to believe to better sleep at night for the coniving, evil, malicious and unfair treatment that they spread throughout the retail branch of this company. Anyone who has had any sort of professional experience would not have a problem quickly adapting to Pratt Retail Specialties with PROPER training and consistency. But unfortunately that is too much to ask for, and even once you have perfected the basic routines you have to deal with the cattiness, back-stabbing and insecurities of the management staff, that will throw you under the bus at the drop of a dime because they are all afraid of losing their own jobs. I never could figure out why the level of paranoia was so high in that workplace but the best conclusion that I have come to, now that I am out of that hell and back to a normal stress-free work/life balance, is that evil will never prevail and you will always reap what you sew. So the management will continue to be miserable, no matter how well the job is performed, because the problem lies within themselves, and their greed and deceitfulness will continue to eat them alive from the inside out. I pray this company does a thorough cleansing because one day someone will have to pay for all of the lives they have negatively affected, all over money!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Escalating company that is driven!

Retail Field Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAmple room for growth within the company. Strong bond and cohesiveness within the retail division! Benefits are just about as good as it gets! Driven to exceed goals and continually improve our image and name.

ConsLots of travel associated with position.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training structure.

Stress

ProsBenefits, health program, tuition reimbursement,

ConsStress
    Long long hours
    Mgt only cares about numbers

Growing Packaging Company: Large Privately Owned

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsAccess to management, Very sustainable,great story of 100% recycled mills, compensation program.

Consnot the largest (6th largest), name recognition, company is not well known, direction is not always communicated. Unless you are working for one of the new facilities the plant assets are quite old.

Advice to Senior Managementupdate assets in older plants

Pratt

Manager (Current Employee) Sidney, OH

ProsGood Pay for the industry

Consthe perfect place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Couldn't be happier

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsTeam spirit,
    Benefits,
    Advancement opportunity
    Open door policy
    Career stability

ConsDifficult to change antiquated processes because company has so many locations

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide current tools and processes to provide employees and opportunity to be more productive, efficient and effective.

Reasons why not to work ar Pratt

Designer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to work if you are in the "good ol boy network"or have friends in management. You can write your own ticket.

ConsAre not a family oriented company. They could care less if a have kids. I have to take a vacation day everytime I have a doctors appointment or one of my kids are sick unless you you are one of the chosen ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like human beings

Incompetance is king

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI'm glad to be employed. Some of the co-workers are good to work with. Unfortunately that's it.

ConsThis is the most inept, incompetant, lazy, self-centered, finger-pointing place I've ever worked. The are all about the customer, which sounds great except for the fact that they will do anything the customer asks for, no matter the cost. Emergency orders that disrupt every other customer's schedule (at no extra charge); the customer changes their price between the quote and the PO, we'll process it no problem. No accountability. Orders are routinely shipped but never billed or tracked. Defective product is shipped constantly. Management won't tell you directly if there's an issue, they'll tell someone in another dept. to tell you about it. If you question something, it's seen as a personal attack and is met with a very defensive attitude. Communication is terrible and everything is done as a reaction. Very little pro-activitiy for anything. The focus is numbers, certainly not the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to know if upper management doesn't care about what happens here or is so out of touch that they haven't a clue. My gosh, it doesn't take a lot of effort to see this place is drowning. We can't keep existing customers and new customers leave shortly after they come on board. There's a reason for that. There's a reason that turnover is so high. No appreciation for the work that's done, only a mention of how people should do better. Set records for production? Nothing...Run less today? Then you get lots of attention. It's really sad that there is so little regard for the employees here by the local mgmt and by corp. mgmt. It shows that the interest is solely money, not people.

Worked for Pratt Industries USA? Contribute to the Community!