Pratt Reviews

2.1

Dan Pratt

Still growing & learning how to be a bigger than a middle sized company

I have been working at Pratt

Pros

Pratt's widespread service and product offerings provide employees with multiple avenues for career growth whether it be in manufacturing, services (creative, installation, etc), supply chain, or customer relations.

Employees who work hard, have a positive outlook, and are forward thinking (not complainers) are almost always recognized and rewarded.

Pratt is staring to "get it" in our industry and is beginning to really commit to the customer experience as well as the employee experience. 2010 will be a integral year in Pratt's growth to the next level.

Cons

Location in Indianapolis

Pratt has had difficulty in executing initiatives and business plans that are relevant to our industry.

"Mr. Right Now rather than Mr. Right" concept in which business plan initiatives are focused on. (this is starting to get better)

Might utilize too many consultants....hire more qualified senior management types (at Director level)

Needs to get rid of more "dead weight" and bring in more talented positive focused individuals (this also has recently gotten much better).

Current direction (Spring 2010) is the correct path we need to take. Keep investing in the customer experience and really focus on the employee experience as well. Reward positive contributors and coach those who have opportunities for improvement. Feedback is very important.

Is not surviving the retail crash

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pratt full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tradition of strong family values and commitment to individuals, but . . .

Cons

Recently sold, but old leadership still in place. Rode the expansion of retailers in the 90s and early 2000s, but failed to navigate the retail crash. People have been taking pay cuts, but they have not avoided several rounds of layoffs. Lost major customers.

Time to let new management take over.

Lacking in every aspect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Pratt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You don't have to come in to work if you don't feel like it, and you don't have to turn in time off. Nobody is watching and since the "special" people do it everyone else can too.

Cons

Too many really to list. Some are so unbelievable that it pains me to list. There is nothing good to say about working here, the work is boring and mundane, and all of the systems are atrocious so any work that is done has be done 3 or 4 times. Pathetic.

There are many reasons this company is going broke. There is no accountability or responsibility for anything. Because of this everything is crap in, crap out, crap returned, crap remade, only to be returned again, crap out, crap returned to be made a 3rd time, 4th time, 5th time and so on. The new ownership of this company has done nothing to help this organization except for the fact that the doors are still open. The leadership has not changed, has not been directed to change, and therefore the downward spiral continues. VOMELA, STEP-UP!

Dying a slow death.

I worked at Pratt

Pros

Everyone still there is very loyal.

Cons

Constantly laying off good workers.

Management needs to change.

i use to be proud of working here. now i look at is as a job i cant afford to lose because of the bad economy.

I have been working at Pratt

Pros

all others in warehouses and a few in the offices are very nice! it's great to be able to get along with others no matter where you work.

Cons

people kiss up to get what they want. they praise temp employees before pratt employees. company keeps giving pay cuts & hours cut, yet give more hours to certain employees. i wonder if pratt is familiar with EEOC?

get off your high horse. you are NOT better than those that really keeps the company going, the real workers in the warehouses.

The management is awful, the hours are awful, Indiana is awful.

Former Employee - Screen Printer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Screen Printer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Pratt

Pros

The pay isn't bad and the employees are nice. However, the people you're working for will work you into the ground.

Cons

The higher-ups (the Pratts) have no idea what's going on in their company, so the middle management feels licensed to treat their employees like slaves.

Don't be passive-agressive.

Not recommended

I worked at Pratt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It sounded so much better than it was

Cons

You'll never know how much you have a job if you start there.

Great idea that ran out of gas

I worked at Pratt full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Niche printer who transformed into a retail graphic business

Cons

Poor management, retail customers are still in economic trouble. Recently sold.

Change top management

fairly new VP formerly of Franklin Covey. hmmmmm.........

I have been working at Pratt

Pros

Baby Jesus as some referred to him. The fairly new VP is rattling cages. I've heard people say he won't last long. I've told others he will make a difference and for the better. After a meeting today, some co-workers came up to me to tell me I was right. He is changing the way Pratt is treating their employees. They now have a voice. He has changed my thoughts about finding a different place of employment.

Cons

Too much waste. Financially, material (raw material, finished goods AND unnecessary items for certain employess), temporary employees. I believe will all improve with the new VP.