Praxair

Praxair Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Praxair President, and CEO Steve Angel

Steve Angel

Pros
  • A stable company, which is well-respected in its industry, which offers good work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Secure job, nice people, good benefits(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The main goal of Upper management is to get money to the stockholders(in 8 reviews)

• Outside of not working overtime and being able to take a lunch hour, they don't encourage a healthy work-life balance(in 3 reviews)

Dynamic environment, almost a scary level of competence amongst my colleagues.

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

Prosinteresting work, good communication, the physical facility is well kept and is conducive to serious work. The workforce is international and immensely talented.

Conslots of structure, and one must be aware of the unwritten do's and don'ts or career obstacles will occur. Typical for a larger company, it can be difficult to do things quickly in the organization.

Advice to Senior Managementreduce the amount of rules and structure. A lot of energy is expended in producing charts, reports, tables, etc., for review meetings and regular reporting.

This is a great place to work

Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Tonawanda, NY

ProsEveryone in management is extremely helpful and place their emphasis on learning and growth rather than immediate results and deadlines.

ConsI haven't found anything to complain about as of yet.

Growing company, great and inspiring place to work - if you love to meet challenges

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsInspiring culture. Culture of internal enterpreneurship. If you start and develop your own project - you will receive encouragement and resources. You see results done by yourself. If your results are good you will be noticed and get opportunities to grow and be developed.
    Good team. Growth potential in Russia. Wise managers in BD / Gases. Encouraging managers in GSS.
    Technical knowledge and technical decision-making is changing to good as company gains experience in Russian cuture.
    Official salary, medical insurance incl. dental, corporate fitness, training programms etc.

ConsSomewhen unclear connections between departments or single employees in a team. That results in resposibility sharing and work overload.
    The team is young and motivated but that causes lack of technical expertise sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more attention on inter-department interaction, it is often ineffective. Meet all memebers of international project team in person at least once.
    Hire extra people to reduce everyday workload. Now it's challenging but physically you feel tired.
    Grow technical expertise inside the country.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company to work for, great co-workers, management had it going on...great pay. This was in Concord, NH

Leadership Development Program Associate (Former Employee) Concord, NH

Prospay, benefits, people, work ethic of co workers, safety, flex time is available which was great, yearly bonuses and awards

Conscommunication or lack of, management needs to communicate with employees more, I really have no other cons to relay to you.

Decent place to work but better pay elsewhere

Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) Tonawanda, NY

ProsGood people, Challenging Environment, Career Growth

ConsChip away annually at employees benefits

A perfect company to start your career

Logistics Planner (Current Employee)

Pros* The training is phenomenal, they give you all the pieces you need to be successful.
    * The starting salary and benefits are much better than any other company I looked at.
    * We are given the power to make decisions when it comes to the Planning side

Cons* To get a good understanding of their system it is necessary you start in the 2nd or 3rd shift.

Great Summer Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at GTS-Welco, a Praxair joint venture, one summer during college. The management was great and very accessible.

ConsThe pay was low, which is average for an internship

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with something other than cold calling for interns to do

Great company -- strong financials and leadership

Vice President, Operations (Current Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsPraxair has a long history of solid performance in the industrial gas segment. It is well grounded on business acumen and well-disciplined in business financials.

ConsTechnology changes go through lengthy process of approval, development and execution.

a very nice company

Development Specialist (Current Employee) Tonawanda, NY

Prosnice environment and nice projects

Consi can't think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for the management

R&D Engineer

R&D Engineer (Current Employee) Tonawanda, NY

ProsGood people, good group, one can make really impact from the first day of working

ConsThe small city is a little bored. Less chances to get promoted. Not easy to publish and network with others.

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!