PreSonus Audio Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
4.5
Jim Odom

1. Amazing job and a great bunch of people to work with

I have been working at PreSonus Audio full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been here for many years and I don't know of a better place in our industry to work. The people are what make the difference. These guys are passionate and are striving to get better every day. The new building is awesome and

Cons

As the company has grown, it's getting to be more corporate in feel. I don't know if there is any way around this but it's just an observation.

Advice to Management

Strive to keep the culture that got you where you are in the first place. Don't ever lose it.

2. Still experiencing growing pains but a GREAT company with great people.

I worked at PreSonus Audio full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is an exciting company in their market of audio electronics and they are producing some of the leading edge hardware and software solutions for live and studio recording environments. The team has some very smart people and the vibe there is you are like family.

Cons

They haven't figured out product strategy in some of the new markets they are targeting and that may be due to having some old-school mentality around the table; although as I mentioned they are very smart and likely to figure it out soon. Part of this is a focus issue as well.

Advice to Management

Focus your product efforts where you know you are strong and can get quick wins and figure out the funding strategy.

3. It was good

Former Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative in Houston, TX

I worked at PreSonus Audio

Pros

nice staff and good people

Cons

Bad area and lots of work

Advice to Management

Clean up

5. The best job I will ever have.

I have been working at PreSonus Audio full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I believe PreSonus' success is rooted in an astute sense of balance. High-tech products are offered with a side of low-tech hospitality. Employees are expected to to produce results, but are rewarded appropriately. Products are positioned at a suitable mid-point in the market, well above Behringer garbage but not up into boutique price ranges.

PreSonus recognizes the importance of employee satisfaction—folks hold on to their jobs for a long time here. Employees are rarely micro-managed, and are trusted to do their jobs to the best of their ability. As far as I can tell, most everyone here seems happy, and a lot of work gets done.

Cons

PreSonus' explosive growth has led to some growing pains, including an understaffed, and hence over-worked tech support team, resulting in occasional less-than-ideal customer support experiences. While the office facilities are surprisingly spartan, PreSonus offers work-from-home opportunities for some employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.