PreVisor Reviews

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014
2.8

David Leigh

Good people, good place to work

I worked at PreVisor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a good team. They offered pre-employment testing, so they tested all of their applicants too, resulting in a smart, friendly work force.

Cons

The organization was big enough where bureaucracy could stifle progress. There were always a lot of meetings - if people were responsive to emails there could have been less meetings.

A good company crippled by buyouts

I worked at PreVisor full-time

Pros

Knowledgeable technical management. Forward-thinking work environment. Solid technical foundation for the core application. High-performance peers.

Cons

Multiple buyouts, first by SHL and then by CEB gutted what made PreVisor great and drove highly-skilled talent to seek employment elsewhere. Those left are treated poorly, shunned or blatantly driven out by entrenched management in favor of off-shore workers.

PreVisor was a high-performance company that was put into the hands of those who did not know how to manage it. As a result, the company imploded. Sell it to someone more capable.

Not a bad place to work

I worked at PreVisor

Pros

Pro tech. Good atmosphere. Reasonable compensation.

Cons

Small team, more work than we could handle at times.

It's a job for now

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PreVisor

Pros

Client projects are plentiful and I like working with different companies. I get to travel to different client sites and work with many different industries.

Cons

I get very little feedback from my senior executive manager. They are always focused on addressing client issues and generating new business. There is no willingness to address internal efficiency issues and many departments operate with insufficient staff.

Promote more from within and less hiring new people from the outside thinking we need new ideas. Do something about the department politics.

No career growth for Technology professionals at this company.

Former Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PreVisor

Pros

Fast moving environment with challenging problems to solve. Great work/life balance and ability for teleworking. Ever ending quantity of work to accomplish as I was never board for something to do.

Cons

Stagnant career advancement for technology professionals. Technology group was never in company spotlight and marginalized as far as importance and whatnot to the company. I left to strengthen my career knowledge and gain more experience in technology I would not have received at Previsor.

Treat all employees equally as far as rewards and advancement no matter what department. Sales could not sell without the support and experience of the technology groups.

Like most small companies this company is prone to focus on revenue instead of people growth.

Current Employee - Customer Success Team Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Team Lead in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PreVisor

Pros

Great work live balance and communications from management. Proactive effort is made to make sure employees feel empowered and challenged.

Cons

Senior management's words do not match actions. While a strong effort is made to engage employees for feedback, little is ever done to implement feedback and address employees concerns.

Stop listening to each other and start listening to your employees

Fast paced and exciting

Current Employee - Organizational Consultant in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Organizational Consultant in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at PreVisor

Pros

PreVisor has a very fast paced work environment. Projects and customer engagements are exciting and you can learn a great many new things each day and with each client engagement. I'm challenged each day trying to understand how to assist our clients solve unique and different problems. I work with clients in many different industries and learning is the most exciting part of my job. I enjoy the autonomy of position and I do not feel micromanaged or marginalized in my position.

Cons

At times interdepartmental politics can come into play especially and the executive management level. While most of the times it is difficult to perceive there is obvious tension between some senior management.

Don't be afraid to get back to the basics and revisit past success to see where changes can be made.

PreVisor is a leader in pre-employment testing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PreVisor

Pros

You will be working alongside of some very intelligent and extremely competent people. Everyone has a great team attitude and enjoys their job. If you are a driven, results-oriented person, you can thrive in this company. There are many examples of people with multiple promotions in a relatively short amount of time. Being that we are in the HR industry, PreVisor does a good job of recognizing the value of high performing employees. Being that we use all our own products (assessments and interviews) for hiring, we do a good job filtering out low performers. You will be surrounded by successful and high-potential coworkers.

Cons

As with many private, equity backed companies, PreVisor doesn't have a long-term strategy for organic growth. It shouldn't keep someone from working here, but just recognize that the company is designed to be sold at some point.

Don't be afraid to bring in some senior leadership experience from outside of the organization.

Not compensated fairly

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PreVisor

Pros

My manager let me have flexibility in my schedule and I liked being to work with different types of clients. I liked traveling to different client locations to work on new deals.

Cons

I did not like the way I was compensated for my work. My commissions were not always evaluated fairly and seemed to reward my manager more for my work. The amount I was paid for my sales was not always transparent.

Develop a more reasonable compensation plan for your sales organization to they feel they are rewarded for their work. Be more transparent on how commissions are calculated.

PreVisor is a very good place to work

I have been working at PreVisor

Pros

I like to work at PreVisor because my work is varied and I have an opportunity to make an impact on the organization. Most staff are very committed to their jobs and work very hard. Coming from larger corporations, I like that it is small but has the programs of a larger company. I also like the work/life balance the company promotes all the way to the CEO. If I need to take my kids to the dr, I have the flexibility to come and go from the office, or work from home up to a couple of days per week.

Cons

There are a few staff who do not get along well with others. They should really leave if they aren't happy and not make everyone else miserable. But most staff are great and I enjoy working with them..

Address those that do not get along well with others. It is a bummer to have to deal with those staff.