Precision Document Solutions

Steve Jenkins

Growing Company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Company has expanded into dozens of new markets over the last five years and added several new products during this time. Company delivers a premium service to our clients and therefore has a high standard of performance employees. Several of the individuals that have posted negative comments are the individuals that didn't put the client first. Company has added several noteworthy accounts over the last few years.

Cons

Company experiences normal growing pains of a growth oriented company.

Improve communication about new accounts.

Great Company with Growth Opportunities

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Precision is a great company to be a part of and is dedicated to their employees. They promote employees and encourage everyone to be better professionally. They recognize employees and give raises to those that go above and beyond their daily duties in order to make Precision successful. They are experiencing a growth in their customer base and this helps illustrate the strength and stability of this company to their employees.

Cons

Precision is a small company and with the growth that they are experiencing they may require employees to put in extra hours to meet the customer's needs. They make sure the person is compensated and recognized for their dedication to Precision's success.

Frustrating

Former Employee - Help Desk Support  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some really great people who work here and will help you learn and acquire some selective new skills. They also will hire people who just lack some experience but can learn. There is also plenty of overtime to be made.

Cons

They severely under pay there employees and expect unrealistic goals for how they treat people. The company will allow its clients to yell at and curse at its help desk staff. I do understand that in the IT field some clients will not be polite however the people who are cursing and are rude are there clients IT staff. Management should speak up for its employees and make it clear that cursing and being rude to its staff is not tolerated.

Unfortunately there are individuals there who work very hard for them and have not received any compensation for it despite being there a very longtime. There were also multiple times when the gas cards were declined and people were not reimbursed. During my tenure there I was paid late several times.

Management has also made several empty promises that were never delivered. The Dallas corporate office is completely unaware of the Houston office and its needs. The owner does not care about his employees and is disconnected. This company is also very unethical I was told to flat out lie to a very important client about a known bug. I feel that honesty is everything and at no point is it acceptable to hide something like this. The owner has also not paid people for there work and tells people that they can't do better. The culture is you should be thankful we employed you and you can't do better.

There is huge favoritism as well the rules do not apply to everyone just some people. They also do not approve days off unless your a favorite in which case you can have a day off every week. The turn over rate is also extremely high and sadly its usually the very good employees who leave. There were people there willing to teach me more advanced things however they were not allowed to even with them there supervising me. You can learn new skills but there isn't much room for growth. There is also a huge disconnect with the different teams at the company it has improved a bit but not by much.

I would not work here nor recommend it its sickening that an owner has no regard for his employees or customers. The communication is also terrible. They have created a culture that wont even take care of there own. As a company it is by far the worse environment and culture I have ever experienced. If you are desperate I would say go work at Mc Donald it is that bad.

Pay market value to your employees and recognize hard work and encourage it. It doesn't have to be big things but an employee of the month or hey great work this week here's lunch on me goes a long way. The Dallas office needs to be more connected to the Houston one and make regular visits. Listen to your employees and fight for them if a client miss treats them let them know its not acceptable. Stop allowing favoritism if you have a rule everyone should follow it not certain people. Management is very disconnected and needs to take more steps to correct this. The owner should sell the company he is disconnected and does not care about his people. He pays them late and doesn't reimburse them nor is he ever in the Houston office to see what's actually needed. Either care about your team or sell the company to someone who will. Also encourage and actually listen to employee ideas and needs. Not all of them are winners but you never listen so the ones that are don't happen. Pay people on time as well and make and effort to lead by example and retain people for more than a few months. The only hope for things to improve is the owner to sell it and a huge management change in agenda.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst company i have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is ok, If you need a job and are desperate.

Cons

Very pathetic and weak Company.

learn what it is your company is doing worng and costumer comes first and support your employees.

Worst company I have ever worked for...

Former Employee - Hybid Technician  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Hybid Technician in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is ok if you can stand the poor unorganized management and major stress.

Cons

I agree with all negative responses posted by other employees .Vague job descriptions. There are a few good employees but management puts employees down, sarcastic and threatening emails, redundant old school ways of handling paperwork, service and other business practices. If you want to be overworked without compensation and like tons of stress, this job's for you. No support or follow through from management. Very unorganized. Not sure why they are still in business.

Give up, sell company to someone current and has the skills to succeed.
    Bottom line, management has NO CONCERN FOR EMPLOYEE QUALITY OF LIFE WHICH CONTRIBUTES TO EMPLOYEE DISSATISFACTION ON WORK SITE AND PRODUCTIVITY, GET A CLUE!

Good starting pay but no raises after that.

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

If you need a job and are desperate.

Cons

Management is poor and threatens job if you don't comply with the demands that be puts forth. Management needs To take classes on how to treat employees.Benifits are very Costly.

Put people in upper management who actually know how field service works.

The Company is kept alive by only a handful of good employees fixing the issues of all the other bad ones.

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are a few really outstanding individuals who are working at this company, but only a few.

Cons

I have worked in small to large company sturcture, but this environment is by far one of the worst. Blatant disregards for appropriate work behavior from sexually charged conversation to full on racial prejudice and descrimination. The issue lies with managements utter failure to manage. The work ethic is primarily one of "not my issue". 'IF; you decide to work here, you will spend most of your time trying to get others to do their job so you can do yours, or you can spend your time caught up in the almost constant office drama. There is very little if any structure. Documentation is a foreign concept to this company along with standards and practices. They provide no training, no documentation, no assistance, and demand results in half the time for 70% of the pay. The overtime they speak of is there. The issue is whether or not they will pay you on time, or worse yet if you will get anything which they will promise you to get you in the door.

Actively learn what it is your company is doing, and play an active roll in its function. There are too many great employees walking out of your doors due to the few bad eggs which cause most of your issues to begin with. You could maximize your profits and save thousands every year by elimintating the waste involved with your purchasing, billing, shipping, and implementation teams. Also stop allowing your work environments to be so extremely hostile and crazy. structure and accountability from all employees would resolve that overnight, and you could easily pick out and replace what is costing you so much money.

Lastly, please hire an individual to correct your hardware shortcomings. You are going to have a firestorm on your hands if you seriously do not dedicate the time and resources to protect your clients and investments.

Do your self a favor and do not waste your time here.

Current Employee - Hybrid Tech
    Current Employee - Hybrid Tech

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Company car and gas card.

Cons

Long hours. Zero communication from corporate. Gas cards do not work most of the time. Constant credit holds from vendors. Upper management has no service experience and constant threats of your job.

Communication is key! Stop threatening us. Give raises. Pay your bills!

Fast Growth = Issues

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carrollton, TX

Pros

The company has great product and solutions and has been a leader in the industry for many years and I believe will continue to be in the future.

Cons

Management got complacent with solutions and did not make the changes to maintain a top tier solution. This mistakes are starting to be address and hopefully will lead to an outstanding solution.

There is little to no training program for new hires.

Don't get distracted by gaining or losing business and focus on building the best possible solution. The better solution will take care of keeping and gaining business.

Create a training program for new hires.

Not a good place to work in any aspect

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that management is for the most part clueless. This leads to no real accountability. Not a place for solid workers who value positive feedback and career direction. If you want to fly under the radar and do nothing all day long, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Senior Management is biding there time to see what their next opportunity might bring. All employees are treated like expendable resources. Company is delusional in there message to the employees that they could never find a job better than this one. Most employees are actively looking for there next job as their no loyalty being created. No raise potential at all. No career advancement at all. Product is bordering on obsolete and the client's are very dissatisified.

Get a clue. Try surrounding yourselves with people that are smarter than yourselves, shouldn't be too hard. Get educated on how to manage and treat people so that they actually care about the company and the company's goals.

Worked for Precision Document Solutions? Contribute to the Community!