Precision Document Solutions

2.9

Steve Jenkins

Great Company - Rewards loyalty and hard work

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time

Pros

Organization has a small company feel that is great for individuals who want opportunities to learn multiple roles and spread their wings. There is opportunity for upward growth and mobility for those who are willing to work hard and be patient. This company is big on promoting from within for individuals who show initiative and drive. You do not get rewarded/promoted for simply doing your job for a long period of time and I absolutely agree with this. The individuals that are successful and the ones that stay hungry and are constantly looking to improve themselves and the organization. There has been significant growth over the past years that has allowed more structure and organization and that has lead to a much happier work environment and employees. I am very excited about the future and the direction we are headed. I look forward to a long and successful career here at Precision Document Solutions.

Cons

Organization has a small company feel that is not so great for all individuals. Those who expect promotions and rewards for basic attendance and doing the bare minimum will not be happy.

Internal communication can always be improved. I have seen a great effort being placed on this in the past 6 months that I am pleased to see. More employee feedback and enhanced communication will keep up the positive momentum and employee moral.

Don't believe the hype!

Current Employee - Hybrid Tech
    Current Employee - Hybrid Tech

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time

Pros

They provide a company vehicle and they pay on time. You expect to be paid on time, so I'm not sure if you can consider that a pro.

Cons

Don't believe all of the great reviews. They all read like a sales brochure. You can bet that management created them to make the company look better than it is. The really don't give a rat's behind about their employees. There is very little communication from management - when they do communicate, it's generally negative and threatening. They don't give performance reviews or raises. They don't provide any real training. They stick people out in the field and let them fend for themselves. If you do have an issue, good luck getting a reply from management. The vehicles are not maintained properly. There have been times when the gas cards didn't work. They expected employees to pay for the gas and wait for reimburesement. There are really to many cons to list

pay your employees a market rate and treat them like real people

Keep looking you will thank yourself later

Current Employee - Hybrid Printer Technician
    Current Employee - Hybrid Printer Technician

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

The company provided vehicle has a radio

Cons

If you are a service professional you will have trouble sleeping at night. This company cares nothing about customer service or its employees. The company provided vehicles are death traps they all have over 200,000 miles and are not maintained properly. To make the numbers for onsite time and down time they have you create false service calls and clear them in seconds so the averages work out. You are forced to lie on a daily basis. Every email from management includes a threat that you will be fired if you do not comply.

Treat your service force with dignity remember we are the face of the company.

A company moving forward

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Precision Document Solutions (PDS) for most of my career. In my tenure here they have not only helped me grow as a professional, but have helped me grow as a person. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for the respect and loyalty this company has shown me over the years. PDS is a growing company, and with any growing company there will be growing pains. With this growth PDS has struggled along the way, but that is also true with any company. This organization values hard work and dedication, which in turn they will reward those who prove themselves. Meaning, you are willing to go above and beyond your job responsibilities. They challenge you to think outside the box, apply yourself, and help you to become more then you thought you could be. PDS has made drastic improvements to their management infrastructure allowing for greater communication between management and employees. This new structure has encouraged the employees to share more ideas to help develop a team driven organization.

Cons

If you are looking for a job or career where you want to do the bare minimum and expect to get rewarded for it, this company is not for you.

Great Things are Happening

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Over the past year Precision is experiencing many great things. We have hired and are continuing to hire a top notch sales team that is focused on expanding our business in their respective regions. The sales team has so many strengths and work as a team to win new business. The team values the opinions of their co-workers and they have the same goals, which is to provide innovative products to its clients and great customer service. Precision conducts regular meetings with specific individuals to continue improving their current product suite while also creating new products that benefit our customers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our number one priority and comes from the constant teamwork between the field service technician, corporate office employees, Corporate Account Managers and Account Directors. As a team and with constant communication between our clients and Precision’s staff we are able to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.

Cons

Everyone within the Precision organization has different strengths and with new employees it takes time to learn all their strengths so that we are able to utilize everyone in their best capacity. It is our leadership’s desire to help everyone employee continue to grow both personally and professionally. There are times that management will push you to be better but that is because they believe in you and what Precision stands for as a company.

Continue to encourage and push your employees to be the best that they can be. With the right staff, Precision will continue to see the success in new markets that it has seen in the last year.

Very innovative company that is making a real difference for its clients while allowing employees to be creative....

Current Employee - Anonymous in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Carrollton, TX

Pros

PDS has been a pioneer in the Managed Print industry for years and more recently has developed several proprietary software products for the healthcare industry. This company places a high value on employees that strive to provide the best of breed services to its clients. There are ample rewards for quality customer service. The company has made significant investments in new and innovative products which has attracted some of the best people in the industry.

Cons

As with any smaller company that competes against much larger organizations, you have to be prepared to out hustle the larger competitors.

Continue to invest in new products and enhancements to the existing products to keep the competitive edge alive.

Frustrating

Former Employee - Help Desk Support in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Help Desk Support in Houston, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some really great people who work here and will help you learn and acquire some selective new skills. They also will hire people who just lack some experience but can learn. There is also plenty of overtime to be made.

Cons

They severely under pay there employees and expect unrealistic goals for how they treat people. The company will allow its clients to yell at and curse at its help desk staff. I do understand that in the IT field some clients will not be polite however the people who are cursing and are rude are there clients IT staff. Management should speak up for its employees and make it clear that cursing and being rude to its staff is not tolerated.

Unfortunately there are individuals there who work very hard for them and have not received any compensation for it despite being there a very longtime. There were also multiple times when the gas cards were declined and people were not reimbursed. During my tenure there I was paid late several times.

Management has also made several empty promises that were never delivered. The Dallas corporate office is completely unaware of the Houston office and its needs. The owner does not care about his employees and is disconnected. This company is also very unethical I was told to flat out lie to a very important client about a known bug. I feel that honesty is everything and at no point is it acceptable to hide something like this. The owner has also not paid people for there work and tells people that they can't do better. The culture is you should be thankful we employed you and you can't do better.

There is huge favoritism as well the rules do not apply to everyone just some people. They also do not approve days off unless your a favorite in which case you can have a day off every week. The turn over rate is also extremely high and sadly its usually the very good employees who leave. There were people there willing to teach me more advanced things however they were not allowed to even with them there supervising me. You can learn new skills but there isn't much room for growth. There is also a huge disconnect with the different teams at the company it has improved a bit but not by much.

I would not work here nor recommend it its sickening that an owner has no regard for his employees or customers. The communication is also terrible. They have created a culture that wont even take care of there own. As a company it is by far the worse environment and culture I have ever experienced. If you are desperate I would say go work at Mc Donald it is that bad.

Pay market value to your employees and recognize hard work and encourage it. It doesn't have to be big things but an employee of the month or hey great work this week here's lunch on me goes a long way. The Dallas office needs to be more connected to the Houston one and make regular visits. Listen to your employees and fight for them if a client miss treats them let them know its not acceptable. Stop allowing favoritism if you have a rule everyone should follow it not certain people. Management is very disconnected and needs to take more steps to correct this. The owner should sell the company he is disconnected and does not care about his people. He pays them late and doesn't reimburse them nor is he ever in the Houston office to see what's actually needed. Either care about your team or sell the company to someone who will. Also encourage and actually listen to employee ideas and needs. Not all of them are winners but you never listen so the ones that are don't happen. Pay people on time as well and make and effort to lead by example and retain people for more than a few months. The only hope for things to improve is the owner to sell it and a huge management change in agenda.

Great Company with Growth Opportunities

Pros

Precision is a great company to be a part of and is dedicated to their employees. They promote employees and encourage everyone to be better professionally. They recognize employees and give raises to those that go above and beyond their daily duties in order to make Precision successful. They are experiencing a growth in their customer base and this helps illustrate the strength and stability of this company to their employees.

Cons

Precision is a small company and with the growth that they are experiencing they may require employees to put in extra hours to meet the customer's needs. They make sure the person is compensated and recognized for their dedication to Precision's success.

Growing Company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Company has expanded into dozens of new markets over the last five years and added several new products during this time. Company delivers a premium service to our clients and therefore has a high standard of performance employees. Several of the individuals that have posted negative comments are the individuals that didn't put the client first. Company has added several noteworthy accounts over the last few years.

Cons

Company experiences normal growing pains of a growth oriented company.

Improve communication about new accounts.

The worst company i have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Tech
    Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is ok, If you need a job and are desperate.

Cons

Very pathetic and weak Company.

learn what it is your company is doing worng and costumer comes first and support your employees.