Precision Document Solutions

Steve Jenkins

1. Not a bad company

Former Employee - Hybrid Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Hybrid Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parts/Troubleshooting Support.
    Lots of resources in the company.
    Good Co-workers.

Cons

Communication with management was difficult at times.
    Certain paperwork had to be submitted to multiple parties, making work significantly inefficient at times.

Advice to Management

Make regions smaller/Hire more regional managers

2. AP Coordinator

Former Employee - AP Coordinator in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - AP Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very few individuals are good people but they are lost in the sea of incompetence.

Cons

Upper management out of their league. Making payroll is a roll of the dice. I would not be surprised to hear this company has either been sold or declared bankruptcy.
    Do yourself a favor and keep looking. If you are desperate, take the job but keep looking.

Advice to Management

Sell to another business that knows what they are doing.

3. I actually do love it here and I'm not a robot or brochure like mentioned in other previous comments

Current Employee - Inner Office in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Inner Office in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

If you love to work and you care about what you do for a living this is a great place to be. The immediate management is great, always listens if you have a problem and no micro management. If you do your job they are more than flexible with working with you if an emergency arrives. Basically if you do your job they value you as not only an employee but as a human with human issues. The pay is good and over time is always welcomed.

Cons

Sometimes inner office issues arise due to what long term employees feel should be their duty and want to tell you how to do your job when they are your equal. Upper management handles such issues but also doesn't have the time to babysit which is understood. But in all honesty every business Has this issue from time to time.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would have is more team building maybe in the former of meeting and more verbal appreciation.

5. Bad Company

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

There are no pros to this company.

Cons

This company pays its employees poorly hence the overtime. In addition to that the good reviews are fake and done by management I won't say any names but I can tell who wrote which one. If you work here they will not value you you as an employee and management is full of lies. There product is also out dated and the clients hate it and complain daily about it. They will also not give company reviews or raises. This company is doomed for failure I would run if I were you.

Advice to Management

Sell the company you clearly don't care.

Very negative environment

I worked at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

None, except for maybe a weigh station before moving on to a better company with a much better attitude.

Cons

Horrific environment to work in. Attitude of management is lousy. Work/life balance is irrelevant to management. Run, don't walk, away from this company.

7. Don't believe the hype!

Current Employee - Hybrid Tech
    Current Employee - Hybrid Tech

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time

Pros

They provide a company vehicle and they pay on time. You expect to be paid on time, so I'm not sure if you can consider that a pro.

Cons

Don't believe all of the great reviews. They all read like a sales brochure. You can bet that management created them to make the company look better than it is. The really don't give a rat's behind about their employees. There is very little communication from management - when they do communicate, it's generally negative and threatening. They don't give performance reviews or raises. They don't provide any real training. They stick people out in the field and let them fend for themselves. If you do have an issue, good luck getting a reply from management. The vehicles are not maintained properly. There have been times when the gas cards didn't work. They expected employees to pay for the gas and wait for reimburesement. There are really to many cons to list

Advice to Management

pay your employees a market rate and treat them like real people

8. Keep looking you will thank yourself later

Current Employee - Hybrid Printer Technician
    Current Employee - Hybrid Printer Technician

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions

Pros

The company provided vehicle has a radio

Cons

If you are a service professional you will have trouble sleeping at night. This company cares nothing about customer service or its employees. The company provided vehicles are death traps they all have over 200,000 miles and are not maintained properly. To make the numbers for onsite time and down time they have you create false service calls and clear them in seconds so the averages work out. You are forced to lie on a daily basis. Every email from management includes a threat that you will be fired if you do not comply.

Advice to Management

Treat your service force with dignity remember we are the face of the company.

9. Great Things are Happening

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the past year Precision is experiencing many great things. We have hired and are continuing to hire a top notch sales team that is focused on expanding our business in their respective regions. The sales team has so many strengths and work as a team to win new business. The team values the opinions of their co-workers and they have the same goals, which is to provide innovative products to its clients and great customer service. Precision conducts regular meetings with specific individuals to continue improving their current product suite while also creating new products that benefit our customers. Our customers’ satisfaction is our number one priority and comes from the constant teamwork between the field service technician, corporate office employees, Corporate Account Managers and Account Directors. As a team and with constant communication between our clients and Precision’s staff we are able to meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.

Cons

Everyone within the Precision organization has different strengths and with new employees it takes time to learn all their strengths so that we are able to utilize everyone in their best capacity. It is our leadership’s desire to help everyone employee continue to grow both personally and professionally. There are times that management will push you to be better but that is because they believe in you and what Precision stands for as a company.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and push your employees to be the best that they can be. With the right staff, Precision will continue to see the success in new markets that it has seen in the last year.

Great Company - Rewards loyalty and hard work

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time

Pros

Organization has a small company feel that is great for individuals who want opportunities to learn multiple roles and spread their wings. There is opportunity for upward growth and mobility for those who are willing to work hard and be patient. This company is big on promoting from within for individuals who show initiative and drive. You do not get rewarded/promoted for simply doing your job for a long period of time and I absolutely agree with this. The individuals that are successful and the ones that stay hungry and are constantly looking to improve themselves and the organization. There has been significant growth over the past years that has allowed more structure and organization and that has lead to a much happier work environment and employees. I am very excited about the future and the direction we are headed. I look forward to a long and successful career here at Precision Document Solutions.

Cons

Organization has a small company feel that is not so great for all individuals. Those who expect promotions and rewards for basic attendance and doing the bare minimum will not be happy.

Advice to Management

Internal communication can always be improved. I have seen a great effort being placed on this in the past 6 months that I am pleased to see. More employee feedback and enhanced communication will keep up the positive momentum and employee moral.

A company moving forward

I have been working at Precision Document Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Precision Document Solutions (PDS) for most of my career. In my tenure here they have not only helped me grow as a professional, but have helped me grow as a person. I would not be where I am today if it wasn’t for the respect and loyalty this company has shown me over the years. PDS is a growing company, and with any growing company there will be growing pains. With this growth PDS has struggled along the way, but that is also true with any company. This organization values hard work and dedication, which in turn they will reward those who prove themselves. Meaning, you are willing to go above and beyond your job responsibilities. They challenge you to think outside the box, apply yourself, and help you to become more then you thought you could be. PDS has made drastic improvements to their management infrastructure allowing for greater communication between management and employees. This new structure has encouraged the employees to share more ideas to help develop a team driven organization.

Cons

If you are looking for a job or career where you want to do the bare minimum and expect to get rewarded for it, this company is not for you.