Precision Health Economics

Precision Health Economics Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
4.1
CEO

Academic experience in a consulting environment

Current Employee - Senior Economist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Economist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Precision Health Economics full-time

Pros

I had no idea that a firm like this existed. It was a hard decision for me not to pursue academic opportunities after my PhD, but family constraints meant I had to be in the Los Angeles area. When I found PHE, with its rich portfolio of research opportunities, I jumped at the chance. The work is fascinating, the clients are very respectful (because of PHE's reputation), and the people are very smart. They are also very respectful of my family constraints.

As I have grown to understand the research and business, I have also gotten more autonomy. I am learning management skills becasue I control the resources on my research team. I also get to interact with the client on a regular business, and am even learning some business development.

I always planned to start my own firm some day, and this is the best training I could have.

Cons

I wish they had more offices in other areas, so employees could relocate. My significant other has a great academic opportunity elsewhere, but we decided to stay in LA because of PHE.

Great job! Please get more space in LA.

2. Really great place to work

Current Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Precision Health Economics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great hours, great pay at the research associate level. Lots to learn and a lot of opportunity to work with some of the best economists in the nation. If interested in PhD programs later on in life, or if interested in gaining lots of responsibility early on, this is the place to be.

Cons

No cons - this is a great company to work for. I've enjoyed my time here very much so far.

Keep it up.

3. SharePoint Consultant

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Precision Health Economics as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees and work environment.

Cons

Communication levels of some departments

Growing company, but needs to iron out wrinkles

I worked at Precision Health Economics full-time

Pros

A growing company. With it comes flexibility and the chance to make an impact. The pay is good. It is mostly in line with industry standards of other economics consulting firms. At the Economist level, you will be working with some of the brightest people in the field.

Cons

With a growing company also comes bureaucracy. It is easy to become overshadowed by the needs of the company at the management level. The flexibility is something that is quickly disappearing. The firm is likely to lose talent to other firms.

It is important to keep the employees happy as you look to expand the company.