Precision Time

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Michael Costabile

Great place to work if you enjoy sales and watches

ProsConstantly surrounded by people all day in a high pace work environment. Great discounts on watches. You learn all about how to repair watches.

ConsLong hours around holidays, little room for advancement, no direct deposit available, not enough people doing too many jobs in home office

Advice to Senior ManagementGet direct deposit and have more raise incentives

It was a good company till they cut the commission a lot of people got huge pay cuts for it

Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome Discounts on merchandise and benefits

ConsCan be stressful very strict on goals

Advice to Senior Managementoffer more commission

Was a great starter job, but capped out quickly.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Kennewick, WA

ProsYou can prove yourself quickly if you're driven to do so.

ConsShrinking commission structure, limited room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trimming your already low commission structure and find better ways to motivate your employees instead of low-value giveaways.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seemed great until actually hired.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGreat customers and if you enjoy working on small objects it's wonderful.
    You meet wonderful people at the jewelers and in the malls.

ConsThey LIE! They will tell you that your hours are based on productivity but if you sell very well they can't give you the hours you are due. The district manager is not willing to help you with customer complaints. They will tell you that upper management will have your back and if you have any questions to give upper management a call (ie District or Regional Manager) but if you do that then you will actually get yelled at. If you try to move up in the company it's extremely difficult if you accomplish it at all. All around it is a horrible place to work at.

Advice to Senior ManagementBack your team and actually find out what is going on from team members instead of just district or regional managers. Don't keep your best sales members at an entry level otherwise they will get bored and leave.

great idea, with horrible execution

Manager (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

Proslearn the ins and outs of watches, one of the most open companies when it comes to their cost, and pretty friendly people to work with.

ConsManagement never follows through with their "leveling" up the latter. The training manual says that you should be level 2 certified after 90 days, and level 3 certified after 120 days, but it can take up to 6 months to cert someone. and its only after one year or the level 3 certification that you can see any chance of getting a pay increase. Because its only the DM that can cert someone and they never seem to take the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you can do what you promise.

Fun place to work but employees were not treated well by upper management

Lake Grove, NY

ProsThe individuals I worked with were great and made it a fun team effort to keep the store running. I also had great exposure to how the store itself was doing and was able to review a profit loss statement each month.

ConsThe pay was close to nothing. They say you have the opportunity to make up for it in commission but the commission isn't even that great either. 1% on gross profit of name brands and 4% on gross profit of company owned brands. it works out to be a dollar or two a watch.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay needs to be raised to match the efforts of the sales associates. I felt like there was a lack of motivation among sales associates to partake in activities beyond sales (Inventory, cleaning, warranty repairs, etc) because if you weren't selling you were making minimum wage.

Not the best company to work for.

New York, NY

ProsFlexible hours, good for students
    Employees are good
    Product is interesting

ConsGoals were almost impossible to achieve at times.
    Too little pay for so much work.
    Upper Management was disorganized and rude at times.
    Very shady when it came to compensations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promise a raise when hiring someone when you know you will not give it, have the dignity to let them go with better options instead of lying to them about something you will not do.
    Pay your employees a bit more, they work hard and they aren't paid enough for all the work you give them.
    Don't give impossible sales goals to stores you know that won't be able to achieve them. A lot of your stores are located in areas where no one is even looking to buy your products, your goals are unreasonable and you put too much pressure on employees, even though they try their hardest.
    Give the employees all of the money they've earned, stop making excuses when it comes compensation.

Foot in the door....eh I guess it was worth the time atleast.

Watch Sales/Repairs (Current Employee)
    Lynnwood, WA

ProsIt's a good place to get your foot in the door if you want to begin how to learn to do minor repairs on watches (i.e. battery change, sizings, crystal replacements, etc) and gain general knowledge on watches. Unless you're the store manager, you only work 16 to 18 hrs a week which works nicely if you're a student. ACTUAL salesmenship goes into the job which is nice rather then just waiting on people like a bum. Commission is an added bonus although it only stands at 4%. I've worked here for a year and satisfied with what knowledge and skills I have accrued but now ready to move on to something more permanent w better benefits. Managers work a mandatory 45 hrs per week. 15% employee discount off of lower bounds marked prices which is nice even if it affects some brands more then others.

ConsThe hours are terrible if you're not a student. Don't bother applying here (unless for manager) if you don't want to live paycheck to paycheck. You start out at minimum wage. While management is open and nice...it is subpar. When I got brought on I was told by the District manager that "We hire from within". A year later my manager got let go and they decide to bring in a 19 yr old with no watch experience WHATSOEVER, let alone no supervisory experience period. When you are working, often times it is by yourself. It is just a kiosk so space and time is a bit limited I guess. Typically an associate is there for a half hour (if that) when the next person comes in. There isn't many more experiences more horrific that I've had then working on a saturday by yourself when the place is a zoo.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't say you're going to do one thing and then do another. Don't blame your miscues on team members. YOU'RE the manager. A new incoming store manager needs to be WAY better trained with computer and Point of sale systems, and most of all, watch knowledge. It makes you look like a joke when the manager is asking an associate about general knowledge aspects.

The job is alright considering the amount of work we have to do

ProsFlexible with hours and you get nice discounts

ConsA lot of work for minimum wage job

Worked for Precision Time? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Precision Time reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Precision Time CEO Michael Costabile. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Precision Time employees.