Precision Valve Reviews

Steady work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

I have been working at Precision Valve

Pros

Aerosol industry Consumer staples promotes consistant work and job security Overtime available for hourly employees Located in the city close to shopping and restauraunts Averege benefits

Cons

Low entry level pay Pay scale and work duties between other departments not equal Wage freezes and below average increases Low morale

Advice to Management

Hire more professional management. Retain employees based on productivity and work ethics not by seniority. Treat every one the same. Don't let ISO procedures inhibit production.

2. Most Disrespectful Employer I

Former Employee - Tech in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Tech in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a damn thing. Forced to give one star that they don't deserve.

Cons

Personally know 2 different employees who worked for Precision Valve. Both have since left such a horrible place. They bent over backwards for them after being harassed and ganged up on time and time again. One time one of them continuously called in leaving his family at home alone all hours of the night with no compensation for being on-call. Weekend after weekend ruined by harassing texts and phone calls from management expecting employee to drop everything and fix their crap. When employee would fix it there was no recognition...but no one else could seem to fix it. Employee was threatend to be terminated when their spouse was in ER even after a call to notify them of late arrival because of transporting children to school. These people have no souls and I plead for anyone who is called to interview at this place of business to run the other way. I read some of this prior to job offer and wish I would have stood my ground and gone with my gut that they were absolutely right.

Advice to Management

Grow up! Learn some respect. Treat people the way you want to be treated and maybe you could actually keep a person as an employee. And think about some manners when someone may have a family with kids trying to sleep while you blow up their phone at whatever time you feel like it. Also don't hold your employees hostage when they have commitments to pick up their kids after they've been your slave for the previous 12 hours.

A antiquated company that needs reinventing.

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New management has an opportunity to turn things around but needs to get rid of all the old management that drove the company to the brink of extinction.

Cons

Old infrastructure, antiquated senior management, lack of connection with employees and customers, lack of innovation. For a company that was founded on one of the greatest innovations in packaging history, they have not been able to develop a new product in over a decade.

Advice to Management

Walk away from the past and engage your customers and employees in determining the future.

20+years I gave to this company and got sooo screwed!

Former Employee - Storeskeeper and Tool Crib Attendant in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Storeskeeper and Tool Crib Attendant in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The "regular" people I worked with. My work family..

Cons

Way too many bosses..The way they treat people is a shame.

Advice to Management

Up Yours!!!!

Use to be a good place to work but has got worse over the years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

I worked at Precision Valve full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They are no good reasons at all. Employees are very unsatisfied with the working conditions.

Cons

Never give raised not in years. Management talks and treats employees very badly.

Transition from Founder to Next Generation Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Precision Valve

Pros

Good pay, Industry history, Global presence

Cons

Financial strength, management expertise, management communications with employees on company status

Advice to Management

More senior management with external (non-PV) experience needed.

RSS Feed </> Embed