Precor

Add Photos

Rob Barker

It was great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI found working at Precor to be full of challenges and opportunities. It was a great place to work for with very good benefits. I worked with a great team of knowledgeable people and that made the job much more enjoyable.

ConsSalaries could be higher. Salary increases are predominately 3% yearly with a rare maximum of 5%.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo hiring from within instead of the bringing in people from the outside who are not familiar with the industry.

Great company with a great culture

Manager (Current Employee)
    Woodinville, WA

ProsThere are a few things that make Precor a great place to work.

First, the people. Everyone is passionate about changing lives and building the best products in the fitness industry... everything from the latest in mechanical design for cardio and strength to the best software for networked fitness.

Second, the culture. It's a culture of accountability and enablement, where the focus is doing the right thing - even when its not the most popular of decisions.

Third, the benefits. The company provides great health, drug coverage, vision and dental benefits - they also fund the first half of the health coverage deducible for you. While many companies have scaled back on 401K matching, they still match the first 3% then half on the next 3% with no cap on the total match.

Finally, the work-life balance. While it's a global company, it's also a very much 8a - 5p culture... when the day is done, you work doesn't typically follow you home. Or, if you need to work occasional longer hours, Managers are flexible with your schedule to accommodate.

ConsAs with any company, you'll encounter silos. Fortunately, they're few and far between and they're becoming increasingly rare. Be prepared to proactively reach out and bridge the gaps and help tear the remaining silos down.

Generally good until you are not needed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAssociates are good to work with

ConsThe Management Team has lost the momentum

Advice to Senior ManagementHR does not look at peoples talents. Loyalty is lost

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

precor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork/life balance and health is stressed.

Consimprove the strategic linkage thoughout all levels of the company.

Advice to Senior Managementimprove communication

Some really good people and leadership there. A really high quality product.

Woodinville, WA

ProsPrecor has some really inspirational people. There are many there that are dedicated to the team concept and it was a pleasure working with them. The benefits are good and the pay is good. The product is of high quality and the leadership team actively pushes everyone to get involved with exercise and health.

ConsThe leadership team sometimes confuses confidence with great leadership and has allowed a lot of corporate climbers and questionable managers to get into leadership positions and things have suffered greatly. The leadership team is a bit out of touch with the daily operation and over the past several years has rewarded the wrong people for others work. This all has caused a lot of team players to shutdown and "protect what is theirs" which makes for a poor atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with your non-management types. Really delve into that survey you give bi-annually and find out why these supposed "performers" get lower survey results. Figure out why things worked in the past, but now do not, and that over reliance on data and surveys just slow down the customer satisfaction process.

management is not up to par not trained in the areas that they manage or know what it is that they manage

Warehouse (Former Employee)
    Woodinville, WA

Prosbenefits its a job normal hours some overtime and some good employees

Consdo not recognize the people who work there or have a company that helps those in the lower positions only recognization is for the upper positions

Advice to Senior Managementlearn what you do as a manager for departments and understand that you are not the only one there

Great company but a little immature.

Software Development Engineer In Test (Current Employee)

ProsThe benefits are fairly good but could be a little more encompassing. There are alot of very intelligent and driven people around me; Most of the people I interact with are friendly and helpful (outside of my team). The company prides itself on being a market leader and it is obvious in the company core values how they have been able to maintain that position over the decades.

ConsI never had the feeling that I was a functioning member of my team. The culture of the company is very much in the manufacturing category of the tech industry. My teammates, for the most part, are very immature (both technically and socially). The development process is very slow, almost waterfall-like.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement faster development processes and allow the developers to push technological boundaries.

Amazing! ...yet disappointing.

ProsExceptional people that love what they do, approachable senior management team members that demonstrate their daily commitment to living fit, very cool industry and this team leads the way in new product developments.

If you love to be active and love to win [in business] you will enjoy working at Precor.

ConsInternal poilcies have not kept pace with an otherwise dynamic and exciting company (though you will likely never see them in print). A tendency against sharing information often results in duplicate efforts and work delays to gather multiple levels of approval for even small items.

While individual delays may be immaterial, the persistent attitude may hinder Precor as we continue to expand into fast-paced markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe candid with yourselves and your colleagues regarding personal strengths and weaknesses. All will benefit from an honest review of performance.

Great Company --- Appreciates their employees

Woodinville, WA

ProsUnderstands work/family balance. Upper management approachable. Great benefits. Love the people. Free gym to workout.

ConsWhile some may view technology as a challenge -- I recognize that the size of the company may outweigh the ability to purchase the latest and greatest for its employees. However check out our technology on our equipment -- now that is awesome. Communication can always be better -- this is an opportunity for improvement not a weakness.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping it going!!!

Tread Lightly

Woodinville, WA

ProsFor the most part nice people. Excellent product and vision.

ConsHR is a mess. Policies are outdated and not administreed fairly across the organization. Still trying to force a 8:00-5:00 butt in the chair mentality; little flexiblity and working at home, even for short temporary issues, is frowned on; very few resources are offered (laptops, phones). Many departments are penny pinchers and don't provide hardly any extra perks for employees. Company equipment discount to Amer companies is nice but not something I used very often--since all of it is still pricey.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with 2013 and know that flexibilty and working on the go is where the world is going. Show that you care about your employees and you trust them.

Worked for Precor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Precor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Precor CEO Rob Barker. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Precor employees.