Preferred Systems Solutions

Add Photos

Scott M. Goss

current employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vienna, VA

Prosgood work culture and environment

Conswork life balance at times

Best company to work for!

ProsWonderful company to work for and the management truly care about their employees

ConsI don't have anything to say

Great Growth Opportunity

Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) Vienna, VA

ProsThe company is willing to offer growth opportunities as long as you make it clear what you would like to do in the future. They offer tuition/certification reimbursement, which is a big plus.

ConsMore tuition reimbursement would be nice, but understandable that it's not possible in this economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on internal advancement, hire more "worker bees" and grow them into newer roles - the company is already doing a lot of this, but can always use more!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very positive work experience.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Scott AFB, IL

ProsA good solid company to for. The right mix of corporate support and mid level management. Great program managers to work with. Exceptional people to work with on a daily basis.

ConsThe only negative comment is not about PSS, but DOD contracting in general. Feels very insecure at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness development needs to be the highest priority, followed by helping employees maintain ongoing confidence in business prospects.

Preferred Systems Solutions

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Scott AFB, IL

ProsExcellent company to work for, great benefits, nice 401K, strong Leadership and Upper Level Management, excellent company for helping an employee grow within the corporation and also feeling like a team player.

ConsJob Advertising could be a bit more Open to public

Good place to grow

Web Programmer (Current Employee) Scott Air Force Base, IL

ProsRegularly interact with upper management.
    Good potential for career growth.
    Management understands that the company rises and falls with its employees.

ConsBecause it's government work, you can only count on work until your contract is re-bid.

Working at the SRC for PSS

Systems Operator (Current Employee) Fairview Heights, IL

ProsGreat group of people to work with! No micomanaging; do your job and you will not be "bothered". Decent benefits. Most people who call are extremely polite and grateful for our help. This helps make this a very LOW stress job!

ConsNO communication at all! NO face to face evaluations, reviews, etc. Project Manager is basically invisible until he passes out gift cards for meeting or exceeding your performance goals. This causes HIGH stress for everyone. Also, no accountability. No one in a supervisory role who can deal with behavioral issues - afraid HR will come down on them.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny advice is probably too late now....most feel they would not have listened anyway.

bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Proslocation of the work near mall

Constreatly VERY VERY poorly by Senior Executive Management

Advice to Senior Managementneed more educated, qualified employees - ethics

PSS is a hands off contracting company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsIf you perform your job well, you rarely hear from PSS. The benefits are great and the vacation time is slightly above average.

ConsPSS does not reward over-achivers. Training is not accessible, unless the contract is paying for your time to take training. Communication is non-existent. Many times you will not meet your "manager" more than once a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with employees. Don't mis-advertise training. Treat employees like they are your product and you care.

PSS is a good place to work if you work for a competent member of Senior Management. I did not.

Director of Proposals (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsSome of the nicest and most competent people in the Federal contracting industry work at PSS. Nice offices. Overall, it is a better-than-average Federal contractor.

ConsThere was a real weakness in Senior Management, which I heard they corrected. I hope that is true. Also, because of personal friendships with Senior Management, certain people were allowed to literally run amok and threaten other employees. Again, I heard that this problem was fixed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO leadership was amazing. Next level down was a mixed bag. I heard that there were some changes made at that level, which can only be a good thing. There was bad communication and intolerance, and people were put into uncomfortable positions where they had to defend themselves because they were mischaracterized by others. It was a very uncomfortable place to be.

Worked for Preferred Systems Solutions? Contribute to the Community!