Premier Education Reviews

Updated March 23, 2015
17 reviews filtered by
1.5
CEO

1. All about quantity and retention, to the detriment of quality.

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Premier Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated, caring instructors.Satisfaction of helping student succeed.

Cons

No vacation for first year, stingy vacation plan after that. Most instructors are part time. Full timers are exempt from overtime, so are expected to work exhausting hours. No company match for 401K. No raises for years on end. Students are recruited regardless of readiness or ability to succeed in the classroom or in the field. Once in the classroom, instructors are held accountable, even if the student has no transportation, is functionally illiterate or can not speak/write English. Students who drop out are aggressively recruited back in, over and over again. Corporate makes decisions with no input from the worker bees.

The recession is over. Time to change the business model.

2. Salter School

I have been working at Premier Education

Pros

Wonderful Colleagues overall happy work environment . Instructors have freedom to personalize their curriculum and classroom. Team work throughout the schools instructors.

Cons

Unstable management. Corporate run and financial gain is placed over student success. Students are allowed to re enter program that they failed over and over again.

Consider not allowing the same students that repeatedly fail, back into the program. They are disruptive to the classroom. After failing a course two and three times it is time to take a look at another program.

3. Director of Education at The Salter School

Former Employee - Director of Education in Malden, MA
    Former Employee - Director of Education in Malden, MA

I worked at Premier Education full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The teachers are some of the hardest working people I have had the pleasure of working with. The are innovative and forward thinking and results oriented.

Cons

They have a very unstable management with unrealistic expectations of what is expected from their middle management personnel

The company put out good propaganda about the services they provide, however, it is a for profit school and while the skills they teach are needed, the focus is on collecting money not on student performance. They will do unethical acts to keep students enrolled in order to collect their money. They sacrifice education for money.

5. Do not work here!!!

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in West Boylston, MA
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in West Boylston, MA

I have been working at Premier Education

Pros

I loved the idea of what we could have been and working with the students but unfortunately this company is only worried about the money and cares absolutely nothing about the students.

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked. The turnover rate is ridiculous. They fire people all the time for absolutely no reason (I was not fired/not just an angry former employee). They are also so unorganized my check was often wrong .

Good Luck!

6. Revolving door.

Former Employee - Amissions Representative in Branford, CT
    Former Employee - Amissions Representative in Branford, CT

I worked at Premier Education

Pros

Great salary and your own office.

Cons

You are held responsible if your appointments do not show up. That is beyond your control and unfair.

Inform employees what is measured from the beginning. Not a month later.

7. poor work ethics- admissions

Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Premier Education full-time (less than a year)

Pros

no pros what so ever

Cons

this is telesales- no computer or outside sales opportunity, call their leads and expect to meet their goals. expected to make 300-to 400 calls. very micro-managed. they listen to every word you say. High turnover of admission. Producing supervisors manage your leads. calling leads from over 2 years ago when leads are low.

Consider being more in tunes with today sales and marketing environment. set up some computers, Give sales reps opportunity to set up site visits and outside sales calls. You need a full admissions makeover.

Toxic, dishonest, bullying, oppressive culture which feigns interest in education

Current Employee - Vice President in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Premier Education full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some exceptional teachers
    some solid administrators

Cons

Turnover above 50 %
    Severely micromanaged under the guise of "trying to help."
    Teachers in some areas not given raises for three years (told company cannot afford)
    Use a 90 day probationary period as a tool to turn people over before having to pay benefits?
    Benchmarks, hiring, and termination decisions are all tied to student enrollments (which at last glance was illegal)
    President is not suited for leadership; in over his head. One tool in the toolbox type mentality.

TIme to transform the company. Get rid of the 80's style executives and the "moneyball" mentality and move into providing legitimate quality education.

Difficult parameters to work under

I have been working at Premier Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working here is the people I work with far and away. They work hard and as a team for the most part.

Cons

Everything dictated by corporate and is about the money. I understand it is a business, but much of the focus should be on student outcomes, not money or catering to the students' every whim.

Listen to your instructors, lead instructors, and directors. They are on the front lines and understand the student population and the programs they are involved in and they know what is needed. Also ONLINE technologies! Use them.

Not Loyal - Offensive Culture - "Sell an deliverable package"

I worked at Premier Education full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free training modules, nice 401K program and good medical benefits if you qualify or they don't take them away from you to save money.

Cons

hours, fear of constant job loss, mental intimidation, makes you work 44 hours as a FT salaried employee but expects 50+, rude, money absorbed, fraudulent with government funding, fraudulent with accreditation standards, poor management, too many other problems to list.

Admissions

I worked at Premier Education

Pros

None, the company is unethical

Cons

This company was the most underhanded company I have ever worked for. I have worked in sales since graduating college and have never felt as unappreciated and disposable as I did with this company. I am well aware of the responsibilities needed to be successful in a sales company and this company is not one of those companies. They lure you in under all the false pretenses of a "sales job." You are forced to call old "leads" that other representatives have had no success with. 90% of the students you are forced to enroll will become your problem again after graduation. The prime reason they sign up is because you are told to lie about the things the school will do for them such as getting money supplies or even the training they need. There are no qualifications to get into the schools and management makes you push ethical boundaries on a daily basis. There is no training as an employee, you are thrown in and expected to figure it out. As soon as your numbers slip, no matter if it is the dead of winter or a slow week you will be let go. There is absolutely NO JOB SECURITY. Management does not encourage you. They do not help you they post your job behind your back and let you go for nonsense reasons. Then they will get someone else to come in. When that happens the cycle starts again! I have seen this position go through 6 admissions representative in under 1 year. Also don't even dare to be sick, take a vacation or a lunch break for that matter! That is not allowed! IF YOU ARE AN ETHICAL PERSON RUN! If I could give this company a "0" I would!

Have morals and ethics and stand behind your employees. When they are trying to make water into wine don't post their jobs online for them to find out about and realize sometimes people just don't want to attend your crappy school