Premier Health Partners

Add Photos

James R. Pancoast

Overall positive experience

Nurse (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThe people here were wonderful, teamwork was valued and my colleagues felt like a second family!

ConsVisibility of management is poor and staff do not feel like they can affect change, as changes appear to be implemented without any input from the staff whom the change will ultimately affect.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff satisfaction is key to a healthy work environment. Listen to and solicit advice from your staff and in turn you may have better staff satisfaction and outcomes.

A good place to work.

PACU RN (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsBenefits, work hours, compensation are all very reasonable for the local area.

ConsNursing orientation for the EPIC system needs polished.

Advice to Senior ManagementNursing orientation for EPIC needs polishing. Person in charge was nice enough but very sloppy, late, and told too much about her own medical problems. Very unprofessional.

No advancement unless you start in management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThere are an abundance of positions available, but you will not be promoted, you must transfer to move up in any way shape or form.

ConsConstant management changes means managers don't know their employees. In turn are unable to see the work employee's do and suggest them for new or open positions that might be a step up.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit moving management around so much. Pay more attention to the hard work your employees are doing and reward them every now and then.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Treated like a number and not a person.

Field Support II (Former Employee) Troy, OH

ProsPay rate is around market standard. If you are looking for a IT field support role that doesn't challenge you then this is the job for you.

ConsExpected to work in roles that you have no experience in, some mornings I was contacted a hour before I'd have to leave telling me that I was now reporting to a hospital a hour away from where I normally worked. Outside of doing the Windows 7 roll out all my job included was running general updates to software that couldn't be done by scripts. I believe the position is going to be fazed out in the coming years due to the hardware portion already being contracted out and other devices being moved to virtual desktops.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as if they actually matter and aren't just easily replaceable parts that can be moved wherever you want with minimal notice.

Lots of drama and suspense--much like the old TV series ER.

Support (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGet some healthcare experience and then leave.

ConsListening to disgruntled staff and support talk about the Company, the expensive employee benefits, their family life, their reasons for looking for another opportunity and much more. All comical and true. Policies and more policies take the place of managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave fun trying to implement your "Just Culture" environment when you rarely leave your office.

Great structured company with fabulous support!

Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGood pay, professional, ability to be promoted from within

ConsI do not have any cons.

Dr. Schaublin is the best boss I've ever had.

Intraoperative Monitor (Former Employee) Middletown, OH

ProsRespectful treatment in an easy-going atmosphere was the norm. Dr. Schaublin was my supervisor but there were pleasant interactions with Dr. Robb Snider as well. The company treated the employees with a 2012 end-of-year party with gifts that showed appreciation.

ConsThere was never a negative experience during my 18 months of employment at this practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all of your employees the way I was treated and they will remain loyal and feel privileged to continue to work for you.

Prior to 2013, a great place to work...

Director (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsA great place to gain expereince...

ConsToo political within the organization, and to politically correct witj business practices. Corporate does not control the hosptial's VP and/or direrctors to compllty corporate policies. The city is dead, nothing left than government, banks, healthcare and the US Airforce Base.

Advice to Senior ManagementIF YOU CAN GET IN, get your experience and get out...

My experience was very good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsIt is one of the best hospitals in the country.

ConsThere is not enough security to cover the employee parking areas with a physical presence.

Advice to Senior ManagementBonuses paid to the executives need to be stopped. Employees are told that hours will be cut and until hours can be reinstated to those employees, bonuses need to be discontinued.

Great Long Ter, Career Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

Prosgreat family life balance, decent pay

Consthe room for advancement is of course in the health field

Worked for Premier Health Partners? Contribute to the Community!