Premier Home Health Care Services

CEO

Certified HHA

Current Employee - Home Health Aid in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Home Health Aid in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Premier Home Health Care Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for Premier Home Care and all my cases has been very rewarding!

Cons

The only con I would have to say is no health care benefits and I would like higher pay.

Management need to communicate better with HHA's and treat them with respect.

Disappointed

Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Westbury, NY
    Former Employee - Home Health Aid in Westbury, NY

I worked at Premier Home Health Care Services part-time (more than a year)

Pros

None, seing that I NEVER started the job after getting "Hired"

Cons

Applied in person, already having a certificate. I did a 5 hour class and the "Call". You all know, the one that will get them a tax credit at the end of the year. I did not qualify for not one thing the person asked. Before leaving the agency I exchanged numbers with a few ladies I met that day. We were all waiting on cases but never received a call! When we contacted them they gave us the run around, kept saying they were waiting on some type of "approval" All they wanted were to use us as tax credit, say they hired us to benefit them in the end! Disgusting!! The former employees at the agency in Westbury, NY (during 2013) You all should be ashamed of yourself!

Stop scamming young ladies who want to come up in this field! The ones that do want to work and does a fine job doing it! Very disappointing!

Good rapport with office personnel

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Granite Falls, NC
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Granite Falls, NC

I worked at Premier Home Health Care Services part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Manager was approachable and reachable

Cons

Distance driving was not compensated separately

Work is easy to come by if you're willing to jump through all of the hoops this company has to offer.

I have been working at Premier Home Health Care Services

Pros

The flexibility of hours is pretty nice if you're able to set up scheduling with the right person. Weekly pay is also really convenient. Vacation is easy to request and management tends to be very accommodating to needs as far as time/date changes go as well as other personal needs. The clients they provide are typically very appreciative and were definitely my favorite part of the job.

Cons

Constantly feel like I'm doing things wrong with the number of phone calls and quality checks performed. I appreciate them wanting me to be on my A-game but they can certainly encourage this with a more positive approach. Also, experience may not go far. My year of prior experience and CNA certification only qualified me for an entry level PCA position so I wasn't able to connect with patients as much as I had hoped.

Calling with pertinent information is great, blowing up my phone over details is not. Approach employees in a non condescending way and then there may be less turn around and harder workers as a result.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Premier Home Health Care Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule in some offices

Cons

No room for growth , low salaries and high turn over

Dont loose valuable employees because of poor management. Inprove promote from within and dont overwork the good ones that are left! Make salaries a bit more competitive.

I have some good experiences and some bad experiences at Premier.

Current Employee - Home Health Aid in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Home Health Aid in New York, NY

I have been working at Premier Home Health Care Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work there are encouraged to lern and do thing independently also completing things at Work.

Cons

You could move on to higher level wth your union, go to school and they probly could help you to pay your school. I heard that from the union meeting once.

keep on going for better, I hope someday you have more benefit for the employees when they retired like pension money , social security money.

Regional Director of Operations

Former Employee - RDO in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - RDO in Newark, NJ

I worked at Premier Home Health Care Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Premier pays its employees generously from Middle Management on up. But with that pay comes stress from both ends.

Cons

Office staff completely underpaid, terrible benefits. Upper management has no clue how to run a homecare company. Management looks at managers as your are either with us or against and treats you as such. No upward mobility unless your a handpicked favorite. No raises for any employee unless they desperately need you.

Learn how to listen to managers in offices and stop driving the company into the ground. Turnover at this place is unlike anywhere I have seen and it all stems from Leaderships poor business decisions.

excellent opportunity to learn how private home care works

Current Employee - Director Or Care Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director Or Care Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Premier Home Health Care Services

Pros

Company is growing and is willing to reward hard work

Cons

smaller company and fewer opportunities near my home

improve health care benefits