www.premier-research.com

Updated November 24, 2014
2.6

Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Pros
  • There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of great people here who are all very nice to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative (in 7 reviews)

• I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Love, Love, Love it here

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Came here after being burned out from my last job. The company has made alot of improvements from my understanding to make it a great place to work. I've been very happy with the changes and my line manager has been great. My travel has been great and I like the benefits very much.

Cons

Processes could be a bit tighter, but that has already improved since I joined.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, some employees, location, benefits,

Cons

management, gossip, rudeness, disorganized, lies told.

pay attention

Great career growth ... not the best pay

Current Employee - Project Analyst in East Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in East Hartford, CT

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you have good ideas and are vocal about them you'll be heard. I was able to do great things at my time with the company. The culture is great too - a lot of great friends that are there when you need them.

Cons

Pay! The CRO industry is extremely price competitive. Be prepared to be paid about 20% less than you could make elsewhere, and be prepared to be given a larger work load than you'd get elsewhere.

Unfortunately I completely understand. Paying employees more means getting a lot less business!

Sr. CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay was decent and that's the only good thing about this organization and that you actually got paid before you submitted your hours.

Cons

The worst group of Line Managers, CTMs and Directors I have ever worked with. I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child. While out on PTO I returned to work and out of the numerous emails that I had received more than half were from my line manager alone. Constantly wasting your time while you are on site for non important issues. They employ Clinical Managers who have never monitored before which means they don't know many of the basic monitoring 101 rules. Payroll is located in Europe and they never respond to voice or emails. If you have an issue with pay you have to first go through your line manager who in return will follow up with payroll on your behalf. Not to mention the resourcing staff that's another issue. Management at this company is a big joke and is the reason many folks have left.

Employ Managers who know what they are doing

Pressure

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the fact that I get a paycheck bimonthly along with frequent flyer miles and meeting interesting people along the way.

Cons

Metrics, metrics, metrics is all I ever hear.

value your employees

Disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked with a great management team on my assigned project.

Cons

Line management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Carefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

HARASSED

Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent on-going training, excellent SOPs and WIs.

Cons

The Clinical Managers do not know how to speak or email people in a correct and professional manner. The CMs are down right rude, sneaky, obnoxious, and one was even deceitful! She took a reported I corrected and re-sent to her on the same day it was sent to me and days later, she sent it back to me stating she had made the corrections and for me to just approve it. I emailed her that the corrections she made were worded exactly how I re-worded a part. She then said she only checked a box from yes to no. I reported this and several of these harassing untruths to my Line Manger who was on her side and not supportive of me or the harassment at all. My Line Manager called me and proceeded to yell at me as if I were one of her children. The company's behavior is utterly ridiculous. Also, I was 250% utilized and complained about it for months before anything changed. This company gossips internally which makes people either like you or dislike you. It's not a supportive team environment. It feels like its the CMs against the CRAs. Everyone reports every little thing to your Line Manager without discussing anything with you first.

Hire new CMs and Line Managers. Also, put measures in place so that people are not harassed. Lastly, the CEO has to act on the email blast that stated, the company will move towards a more cohesive and better work environment! Teach people how to not gossip in the work environment, teach ethics, and how to treat people appropriately which means not to bully them because they hink they can!!!

Always wondering who will be let go next....

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier.

Cons

These bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people's work and input is not valued. Schmoozers and bullies are rewarded and promoted- people that tell you to your face that they don't know how to log into software specifc to their department's work function or SR. Management in Finance whose interactions with staff are complained about and their boss says "don't take it personally, she talks that way to everyone". These are the people that are valued. Professionalism or the lack there of starts from the top down. Also, the company is wasteful in spending and will spend money on software and other resources to prop up incompetent staff because they like them or they rolled something out inefficiently that was the manager's idea so they're calling it a success to make themselves look good but then when it's time to cut back, they release the good workers and then just dump their work on the remaining competent staff until they get frustrated and leave.

Hire managers that will roll up their sleeves and work and who also know how to foster a positive work environment by bringing out the best in people.

Promised 1 contract rate, significant decrease in 9 months

I have been working at Premier Research as a contractor

Pros

Position required no travel, strict 40 hrs and is home based. No direct reports.

Cons

Contracted with BI client. BI decreasing vendor rates to save money. PRG cut contract hourly amounts across the board for all persons working with this client by 11% (for me I lost $17K per year). BI now cutting contractor amounts again not allowing for 10hr work days during BI company holiday weeks and not allowing flexible hrs. No longer profitable to continue the contract with PRG/BI.

More support needed on pushback to BI. Experienced contractors will be replaced by less experienced/lower paid workers.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Good team environment, decent compensation and benefits

Cons

Small company and there was little room for advancement