Premier Research

Updated November 24, 2014
2.6

Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders
Ludo Reynders

Pros
  • There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier (in 6 reviews)

• A lot of great people here who are all very nice to me (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Management, upper management to be accurate, is barely communicative (in 7 reviews)

• I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Excessive workload for an extended period of time

Former Employee - Data Manager
    Former Employee - Data Manager

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Employees are absolutely great, professional, competent, hard-working and supportive of each other. Great team spirit. Good cooperation between the offices. Work gets done mostly thanks to these dedicated people.

Cons

Upper management is poor and does not share information. Layoffs are not announced. My project manager just stopped responding to e-mails and nobody knew for a few days that she was laid-off. People work long hours and weekends. Pay is below average.

Work on 1) communicating your goals and expectations regularly and in a credibile manner; and 2) establishing trust among the employees in your abilities and commitment.

Terrible treatment of employees

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Pretty laid back atmosphere. Working from home is allowed (only for some departments though). Co-workers are generally hard working and helpful. Used to be a great company to work for about 5 years ago. Benefits are generally ok. Pockets of great people including upper management, but usually those people are kept from doing anything helpful by all the red tape and other upper management who want to build their empires.

Cons

In five years this place has gone remarkably downhill. It got too big way too fast and upper management does not seem to care AT ALL about the employees, rather building their own little empires to save their own butts. What kind of company lays off an entire office of people and the same day posts URGENT needs for the same position on LinkedIn? The work life balance is non-existent and they will take advantage of the best people for as long as they can. They are so worried about costing and saving money that they have forgotten that a happy employee will work 10 times as hard as an angry/disenfranchised one.

Happy employees will save you money and time. Remember that the workers are the ones that actually do the work that keeps the sponsors happy - without them you are nothing. Stop shuffling things around so much to save yourself and focus on making sure you actually can retain key workers.

Immature atmosphere and inexperienced co-workers

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Small environment lends itself to a close relationship with management and co-workers.

Cons

Small environment lends itself to "clicks" and unprofessional work relationships. The department in which I worked was also disorganized and underdeveloped. Standard industry practices in my experience there was not being adhered to rather the "Premier way". This practice led to a lot of turnover and inexperienced employee's.

A little fish in a big pond

I worked at Premier Research

Pros

Remote working; friendly colleagues; flexible scheduling

Cons

Typical CRO culture with a survival mentality. Small minded leadership with limited vision of what excellence looks like.

Pressure

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that I get a paycheck bimonthly along with frequent flyer miles and meeting interesting people along the way.

Cons

Metrics, metrics, metrics is all I ever hear.

value your employees

Disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great management team on my assigned project.

Cons

Line management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Carefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

Always wondering who will be let go next....

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier.

Cons

These bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people's work and input is not valued. Schmoozers and bullies are rewarded and promoted- people that tell you to your face that they don't know how to log into software specifc to their department's work function or SR. Management in Finance whose interactions with staff are complained about and their boss says "don't take it personally, she talks that way to everyone". These are the people that are valued. Professionalism or the lack there of starts from the top down. Also, the company is wasteful in spending and will spend money on software and other resources to prop up incompetent staff because they like them or they rolled something out inefficiently that was the manager's idea so they're calling it a success to make themselves look good but then when it's time to cut back, they release the good workers and then just dump their work on the remaining competent staff until they get frustrated and leave.

Hire managers that will roll up their sleeves and work and who also know how to foster a positive work environment by bringing out the best in people.

Promised 1 contract rate, significant decrease in 9 months

I have been working at Premier Research as a contractor

Pros

Position required no travel, strict 40 hrs and is home based. No direct reports.

Cons

Contracted with BI client. BI decreasing vendor rates to save money. PRG cut contract hourly amounts across the board for all persons working with this client by 11% (for me I lost $17K per year). BI now cutting contractor amounts again not allowing for 10hr work days during BI company holiday weeks and not allowing flexible hrs. No longer profitable to continue the contract with PRG/BI.

More support needed on pushback to BI. Experienced contractors will be replaced by less experienced/lower paid workers.

Small company but good team work

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Premier Research full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good team work. Small company but closer work relationship. Attracts interesting projects from small and mid size bio pharma companies with innovative products. Projects were never boring.

Cons

Hard work unappreciated most of the time.

Reward hard working staffs and don't be shy showing your appreciation, it is worth twice than boring appraisal paper work.

Can be great on any given day, then unstable the next

I have been working at Premier Research

Pros

Great co-workers within my department. Great benefits and paid time off. With my position I am able to work from home.

Cons

Being a CRO we have been through several RIFs (reduction in force). I have managed to make the cut so far, but not sure what lies ahead in the future.

Fight for your workers and for their compensation. Its not hard to find out there on the internet or word of mouth that our salaries are not very competitive. Could be the reason a lot of people are looking elsewhere. The workload is currently too much to bear with our barebones workers, most of which are brand new and still in training. Putting a strain on the veterans who are quite possibly looking for a less stressful alternative.