Premier Research

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders

Ludo Reynders

Pressure

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI love the fact that I get a paycheck bimonthly along with frequent flyer miles and meeting interesting people along the way.

ConsMetrics, metrics, metrics is all I ever hear.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsWorked with a great management team on my assigned project.

ConsLine management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

Always wondering who will be let go next....

Operations (Current Employee)

ProsThere are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier.

ConsThese bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people's work and input is not valued. Schmoozers and bullies are rewarded and promoted- people that tell you to your face that they don't know how to log into software specifc to their department's work function or SR. Management in Finance whose interactions with staff are complained about and their boss says "don't take it personally, she talks that way to everyone". These are the people that are valued. Professionalism or the lack there of starts from the top down. Also, the company is wasteful in spending and will spend money on software and other resources to prop up incompetent staff because they like them or they rolled something out inefficiently that was the manager's idea so they're calling it a success to make themselves look good but then when it's time to cut back, they release the good workers and then just dump their work on the remaining competent staff until they get frustrated and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that will roll up their sleeves and work and who also know how to foster a positive work environment by bringing out the best in people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promised 1 contract rate, significant decrease in 9 months

ProsPosition required no travel, strict 40 hrs and is home based. No direct reports.

ConsContracted with BI client. BI decreasing vendor rates to save money. PRG cut contract hourly amounts across the board for all persons working with this client by 11% (for me I lost $17K per year). BI now cutting contractor amounts again not allowing for 10hr work days during BI company holiday weeks and not allowing flexible hrs. No longer profitable to continue the contract with PRG/BI.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support needed on pushback to BI. Experienced contractors will be replaced by less experienced/lower paid workers.

Small company but good team work

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood team work. Small company but closer work relationship. Attracts interesting projects from small and mid size bio pharma companies with innovative products. Projects were never boring.

ConsHard work unappreciated most of the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward hard working staffs and don't be shy showing your appreciation, it is worth twice than boring appraisal paper work.

Can be great on any given day, then unstable the next

ProsGreat co-workers within my department. Great benefits and paid time off. With my position I am able to work from home.

ConsBeing a CRO we have been through several RIFs (reduction in force). I have managed to make the cut so far, but not sure what lies ahead in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for your workers and for their compensation. Its not hard to find out there on the internet or word of mouth that our salaries are not very competitive. Could be the reason a lot of people are looking elsewhere. The workload is currently too much to bear with our barebones workers, most of which are brand new and still in training. Putting a strain on the veterans who are quite possibly looking for a less stressful alternative.

Just an OK place

ProsThe ability to take time off and the work/home balance is pretty good. Co-workers make things better. Good teamwork at the local level.

ConsUpward mobility and encouragement from upper management is not good. They have been shaped into a "lean" company which make those that care about their jobs feel taken advantage of. Many times feel like "just a number". Company does not re-invest in it's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to reward good employees. Many have been there for a long time and truly care. Show that you recognize that. Let people grow within the company. It isn't all about financial reward but matching employee's 401k's and merit increases are noticed if not there. Communicate about the state of the company- we don't know who you are and you don't know us.

Very Dissatisfied

Data Coordinator (Former Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsI was pleased with the benefits package.

ConsData management was a disaster in 2007

Advice to Senior Managementover haul in data management group

Not a company that wants to invest in its employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPTO plan and insurance were good.

ConsHard to learn new areas and move around laterally. Most tasks were very cumbersome and not as efficient as how other companies perform them. Experience and expertise not valued over the bottom line. The company will spend months trying to find the perfect candidate when someone in-house could have been trained in half the time to transfer into a new position.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward talent and invest in your employees to help them gain new skills.

OK if you are looking for your first job after college

ProsFlexible with hours, reasonable amount of PTO, and great people to work with. A good place to start if you are Interested in pharmaceutical Industry.

ConsBelow average salaries. Uncertain future. No communication between management and employees. Management does not really make an effort to keep good employees when they decide to leave.

Worked for Premier Research? Contribute to the Community!