Premier Research Reviews

Reset

Disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with a great management team on my assigned project.

Cons

Line management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Advice to Management

Carefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

HARASSED

Former Employee - Senior CRA
    Former Employee - Senior CRA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent on-going training, excellent SOPs and WIs.

Cons

The Clinical Managers do not know how to speak or email people in a correct and professional manner. The CMs are down right rude, sneaky, obnoxious, and one was even deceitful! She took a reported I corrected and re-sent to her on the same day it was sent to me and days later, she sent it back to me stating she had made the corrections and for me to just approve it. I emailed her that the corrections she made were worded exactly how I re-worded a part. She then said she only checked a box from yes to no. I reported this and several of these harassing untruths to my Line Manger who was on her side and not supportive of me or the harassment at all. My Line Manager called me and proceeded to yell at me as if I were one of her children. The company's behavior is utterly ridiculous. Also, I was 250% utilized and complained about it for months before anything changed. This company gossips internally which makes people either like you or dislike you. It's not a supportive team environment. It feels like its the CMs against the CRAs. Everyone reports every little thing to your Line Manager without discussing anything with you first.

Advice to Management

Hire new CMs and Line Managers. Also, put measures in place so that people are not harassed. Lastly, the CEO has to act on the email blast that stated, the company will move towards a more cohesive and better work environment! Teach people how to not gossip in the work environment, teach ethics, and how to treat people appropriately which means not to bully them because they hink they can!!!

Always wondering who will be let go next....

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Premier Research full-time

Pros

There are truly a lot of bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people working at Premier.

Cons

These bright, dedicated, hard working and genuinely good people's work and input is not valued. Schmoozers and bullies are rewarded and promoted- people that tell you to your face that they don't know how to log into software specifc to their department's work function or SR. Management in Finance whose interactions with staff are complained about and their boss says "don't take it personally, she talks that way to everyone". These are the people that are valued. Professionalism or the lack there of starts from the top down. Also, the company is wasteful in spending and will spend money on software and other resources to prop up incompetent staff because they like them or they rolled something out inefficiently that was the manager's idea so they're calling it a success to make themselves look good but then when it's time to cut back, they release the good workers and then just dump their work on the remaining competent staff until they get frustrated and leave.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that will roll up their sleeves and work and who also know how to foster a positive work environment by bringing out the best in people.

5. Premier Research

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Premier Research full-time

Pros

Good team environment, decent compensation and benefits

Cons

Small company and there was little room for advancement

6. Poor Management and Lack of respect

Former Employee - Associate Database Developer in Quincy, MA
    Former Employee - Associate Database Developer in Quincy, MA

I worked at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro about this company is that it is always the same...

Cons

That same is a total let down. The pay is very low, the respect is low, and favoritism is high. If you are not the golden employee you are forgotten and basically left to rot away until you either quit or get laid off.

Advice to Management

Correct everything in cons asap!

7. CRA

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay you before actually submitting your timesheet.

Cons

Everything from Clinical Managers not knowing what their jobs, Resourcing is horrible and not to mention the majority of management came from PRA and have been in their roles for maybe a year. There is no onboarding, it takes the Payroll staff forever to payout your expenses and god forbid if you have a question...everyone is unresponsive by email or phone, so be patient because may get a call back or you may not, chances are you probably will not.

Advice to Management

Get it together and quickly!!!

Good to get experience. No advancement.. High turnover.

Current Employee - Database Developer in Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Database Developer in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PTO, work from home, coworkers are friendly.

Cons

No bonus. No organic growth. If there is no new business, company will start the layoff process. Good 1st job out of college. Would not recommend to stay for long term. High turn over.

Advice to Management

Stop withholding information from your employees.

Clinical Employee

Current Employee - Human Resource in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resource in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to advance your career with a mid-size CRO. Hard working family atmoshpere. If you work hard and accomplish your goals you are rewarded.

Cons

The company does not have all the bells and whitsles of a larger CRO but there is also a lot less red tape you have to go through to accomplish your goals.

Advice to Management

The company does not have all the bells and whistles of a larger CRO but there is also a lot less red tape you have to go through to accomplish your goals to meet tight deadlines.

10. Nice place to work!

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Came from a larger CRO, as I know others did too, and this was a positive change. Workload is better, travel is more reasonable, and the people are great here. Feel like the people here are more genuine in caring about me and progression in my career here.

Cons

Most of the clinical staff is home-based, so if you're not used to being home-based, it could be isolating.

Advice to Management

Keep the current vision & mission!

Disappointed

Current Employee - Clinical T\Trial Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical T\Trial Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Premier Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Staff is great, everyone gets along fine.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement and or training for those that are loyal and committed to the company. Politics plays a role on who gets what regardless of your educational background or experience, someone that has been with the company less time and or have no educational back-ground can out beat you for opportunities if their connection has anything to say about it. Instead of promoting with thin, preference is given to favorites. With the economy and the difficulty in find work, you have to stay put until another opportunity comes around.

Advice to Management

Consider the loyalty and commitment of those employees and offer opportunities for advancements. Think of others before yourself. Maybe your turnover will change for once.

RSS Feed </> Embed